Pacheon

The RNG kills me, same for server lag.

Pacheon   

NCSOFT, cmon ...

is this the meaning of "enjoyment", while grinding your ... off more than 10 times getting all other weapons, but not yours?

Same for the lag ... those heavy lag spikes ... seriously, I don't even have to try to play the game, if enemies where freezing, skills won't trigger, etc. 

And no. It is not "me". 100mbit/s down : 10mbit/s up. Seriously, I can even host a server slot for 1000 players without getting any kind of complaint about any kind of latency issue.

About the RNG, here some examples ... doing that freaking dungeon for more than 3 hours. I am sick of RNG, played Warframe, and most of the Warframe players now, how painful the RNG can be, this one here isn't better than Warframe's RNG:

zQPtVkr.jpg

zEeT0VM.jpg

This needs to be changed ... I doubt that this will get any better on the upcoming dungeons.

Edited by Pacheon

Nischana   

I know how to fix sure lag kinda sure.  i am 90% sure that this are level 3 laggs and your ISP is to blame.

So yea im am 90% sure that it is "you" in a way, please understand you will not have issue in any other game because of that or something.

Try a VPN and i sure it will fix the laggs for you.

let me copy that for you :

The is absolut no lag for me, i had no problems since launch if i dont count in the dcs.

But i use Wtfast, without it ...well it would be unplayable i tryed it a few days ago and had laggs that lasted 5-10sek.

Because my ISP *cricket*ing sucks...thanks telecom for makeing every new MMO unplayable without a VPN.

Try a VPN guys and see if it fixes your issue with laggs.

If its the laggs that i have NC soft will do nothing about it because its a ISP problem with bad rooting, and no that dos not mean your general Internet or other Games will lag. I will just mean THIS game with THIS rooting will lag, GW2 struggels with the problem now for years, and every now and then its borderline unplayble without VPN for a few players.

Its caused by one "choke point" having to mutch load on the root to the Server, most of the time its rly near the Server, its called "Level3 laggs".

The only MMO that somehow fixed this without loosing alot of players...well you can guess WoW (they had it in...i think late 2006 or something). I dont know how they did it maybe datacenter in a few diffrent locations or paying some ISPs to get better rooting dunno.

by Nischana

Pacheon   

First ... of all ... trying a VPN while the server is right next to me? Literally. Next - to - me. I am living in Frankfurt.

Having no lags in other games. Silkroad Online, CS:GO, COD MW3, Warframe (Peer2Peer, no one keeps lagging during my host), LoL. You name it.

I am not the only one having these high spike lags. It is definitely not me. Checking the ping results into 200ms+, during a lag spike approx 500~800ms. Had no issues on my previous server, changed due to that pathetic 3 hours queue. Twin Wagons, the worst lagging server after hitting 3:00PM.

Nischana   

Did you read what i did wrote ? no ok then dont belive me. Cry over your laggs that will most likely never be fixed unless the player population gos down.

I say it one more time IT DOS NOT SHOW UP IN ANOTHER GAME !! ok i hope this this now clear to you.

Try the VPN it will mostliky help. And beeing in Frakfurt dos *cricket*ing nothing because the level 3 lagg appears most of the time right before the server, and you guess its in frankfurt in GW2 it wars allways the talia or something hop to the Server.

But honstly i dont care anymore it takes to mutch effort to explain these kind of laggs to ignorant ppl that dont even try to understand or atleast try out a solution without unterstanding to make sure that is not the problem.

Trairan   

Just putting my two cents, playing on Windrest (EU), I live in Barcelona no idea where the server is, my connection is optic fiber 20mb/s both down and up, and since the F2P launch I've only experienced some lag comming from the server twice, and it felt just like a small delay on all actions that lasted about 5 minutes.

So far my experience with the connection and responsiveness has been excellent, it might be a problem on your side I can confirm that at least the server I play on is running fine even that it always has queue meaning it's always at maximum capacity.

Regarding RNG, I'm a Warframe player too, a 1000h one exactly, and the RNG there is much worse than the one on blade & soul, I'm sure about this. You did that lvl 20 instance 7 times judging by the screenshots?  That is nothing, keep in mind that you also win money, bopaes, accessories and waste stuff to enchantso even if you want the weapon exclusively it's good to run it a couple of times to stock on the rest of things and level up a bit.

Edited by Trairan

Pacheon   

Doing the dungeon the 7th time? Look into the storage. Count the purple-ish weapons. Those are all Dungeon weapons from the lv 20 instance. Those ain' 7.

And RNG on Warframe is easier. I am MR21, I know what I am talking about.

Aiezen   

yea I play on NA servers and have tried a few since launch, they all have been like that for me with the lag spikes. Kinda sad I guess that Ive worked them into my rotations lol Like I wont pop a potion untill it happens cause I know it's gunna, and I know that's when I'm gunna need it lol. I don't know about using VPN's, dont good ones cost money? I know there are some free ones out there, I used one to play the JP version of Phantasy Star Online 2 but the connection was shit. So to pay for a vpn and a prem sub is kind of  a bit much for me for just one game, when it should have a stable connection anyway for having so many years in the East under its belt lol

Don't get me wrong I love the game, thats why I continue to play and pay even with all the issues bet ehh idk..

Nischana   

I use Wtfast i think there is a test version of it. And i dont know if this problem even existist in NA , or if the Server there are laggy.

But as a long year MMO gamer from Germany i very familiar with this problem, it allmost happend in every MMO for me thanks to Telecom.

I had that lags so often that i allmost "see" it depented on the lagg i get. I cant explain all details but i know why its happing and why a VPN is able to fix it.

The best hints for me a allways, i have a 5-10 sec lagg and no spamm in local chat ?

I have a 5-10sec lag and the Server dos not crash ?

I have a 5-10sec lag and my leveling patner dos not(he has another isp) ?

Thats 90% of the time level 3 laggs, it looks exactly like in the video and if this happens i consider quitting the game (if its not worth the effort) or getting a VPN like Wtfast.

For WoW and AoC my friend did setup a proxy for me so i could play the laggy times.

I did quit GW2 (a few times) and Wildstar(ftp) because  of it.

Its just nasty and most of the time it will never get fixed unless the player base gos down. And the MMO provider allways blames the ISP and the ISP allways blames the MMO provider and you as a end user are just *cricket*ed.

Edited by Nischana

Pacheon   

All VPNs (which ain't free and not spoiled with some sort of scam) are bound to specific fees.

And people suggesting WTFast don't even know what that kind of tool is actually doing, especially about the TCP and UDP connective aspect. It has no affect if the server is right next to you, which you can ping and receive a 10ms ping as a result.

And yes, it is kind of sad, that this game turns more and more to a "leave it run, let it gather up some money" and that is it.

Oh and btw, update:

KeU19k1.jpg

Just pathetic.

Nischana   

You just dont want do unterstand it right ?

I dont use Wtfast for the other things like better ping, its just the easyest tool for me to get i diffrent rooting.

If would even bet a tool like wtfast WILL give you a worse ping because of your location (if you ISP would work).

You can even use a proxy or a VPN from a friend if you manage to set it up.

Its not to get a better ping or something this lag is related to the rooting.

But if you think setting right next to the Server excludes you from level 3 laggs you are wrong.

And i am allmost sure that it is this problem because your local chat dos not go creazy after the lag you have on video. But if a server lagg like this happen atleast 10-20 ppl will write Lag??!!?!?

But hey just trying to help if you think you know it better have fun with your laggs.

Edited by Nischana

Pacheon   

"Crappy computer" ... lol

The clip is at 1080p with 60FPS, constant.

grEYG2A.png

*ASUS ROG Matrix R9 290X 4G

Loving people prejudicing without any kind of foreknowledge. Is this still a "crappy" computer?

Nischana   

Jep you know more then we all. Thats why you are here crying about a problem that more then 90% of the ppl dont have.

Not saying its your computer anyone with half a brain could see this in the video.

Sakkyun   

Look at it like this, you can have a very fast car but if theres a traffic jam on the street then you are not going to reach your destination very fast. Thats how latency works. You should do a few tests Pingtest to see if you are having issues with your connection. If you are having packet loss, high ping and high jitter well then you should start by calling your ISP and telling them your problem.

Pacheon   

3 minutes ago, Nischana said:

ep you know more then we all. Thats why you are here crying about a problem that more then 90% of the ppl dont have.

Not saying its your computer anyone with half a brain could see this in the video.

And yet you are the one suggestion a VPS or Proxy to a server. Linking my TCP connection to another server, which connects to the main server (game server), requests the packets and opcodes from the server, sends back to the middle, which sends them back to my PC and resolves the action.

Is this making any sense to you, about what you are suggesting?

Edited by Pacheon

Nischana   

Here i made a lovely pick for you : http://imgur.com/CzbtcGX

If you dont unterstand it this way there is nothing i can do for you. In the time you tryed do not blame your ISP you could have allready tryed out like 4 diffrent VPNs to see if it will fix the problem. I dont have the technical knowlege to explain this problem in every detail but this is what i comes down to. One of the hops on your orginal root is to full because of may ppl taking this route with your ISP to the game server + normal traffic, because of this you will get the lagg because of packed loss on this "hop".

The only way around this is another route , and well the easyest and only way i know to do it is a VPN.

But im done with trying to help you.

Edited by Nischana

Sakkyun   

Don't forget that if the original route has too many hops a tunneling service can also reduce those hops to reduce the ping

Pacheon   
1 hour ago, Nischana said:

Here i made a lovely pick for you : http://imgur.com/CzbtcGX

If you dont unterstand it this way there is nothing i can do for you. In the time you tryed do not blame your ISP you could have allready tryed out like 4 diffrent VPNs to see if it will fix the problem. I dont have the technical knowlege to explain this problem in every detail but this is what i comes down to. One of the hops on your orginal root is to full because of may ppl taking this route with your ISP to the game server + normal traffic, because of this you will get the lagg because of packed loss on this "hop".

The only way around this is another route , and well the easyest and only way i know to do it is a VPN.

But im done with trying to help you.

Do you really wanna know how a server cluster actually works?

Lets start. Your biggest mistake is, pointing direct connections, well, directly to the gameserver, which is invalid. Only morons will run that kind of server (Minecraft/Terraria Dedicated Servers are like that). Same for the point, directing any kind of VPS, Proxy, Connection RE to the gameserver, invalid as well.

njui9GY.png

* Ignore the other modules, like Machine Manager, Global Manager, Farm Manager, etc.

So, let's start.

Step 1, you are starting up the client. The client ALWAYS FREQUENTLY (even ingame) gathers and writes down account information via the Gateway Server, mostly real-money cash stuff, login-duration, etc. Permanently, during the whole logged-in session. Low to no noticable utilization.

Step 2, the Agent Server checks the client, if modified, corrupted, wrong packets, wrong offsets, wrong opcodes, hacked content. Additionally preventing usage of 3rd-Party-Apps, like cheat engine. You are going to log in into your gaming account. No utilization.

Step 3, processing through the Shard Manager, which handels inventory, inventory capacity, items in storage, etc., if everything parsed -> appearing/spawning ingame. Low to no noticable utilization.

Step 4, you are now in the game. Thats the point, most latency issues being caused here.

Everyone needs to pass the Gateway Server first and always, before you can get into the game itself. Therefore, using a VPS or whatakind of tool you are suggesting, is just as useless as trying to hack the national bank of whatever-land. It has NO effect. The lag cause is at the GAMESERVER, not the at login processing area.

I am doing these kind of things for 6 years. And I assume, accordingly taking your strict "GET VPS" stuff into note, that you have no clue how these things are actually working.