OCEANIC SERVERS 1 SIGN OFF 10,000 SIGNATURES FOR OCEANIC SERVERS

CharlieKnR

28 minutes ago, Vendetto said:

No hope for OCEANIC SERVER. End of discussion. NCSoft still considering an ASIA server with some IP Blocks so its better to support that if you are from OCEANIC.

This is not possible due to pathing issues on the east coast of Australia where people have to route back through the West Coast of USA depending on ISP to get back to SNG which would be worse then going to US.

If an SEA server is chosen, it needs to be housed in Australia, Darwin or Queensland is the perfect place as SEA countries would have <100 ping and so would OCE.

It's only logical, otherwise, kiss your OCE customer base good by because no one is going to spend money on a game that can not get the full potential out of due to latency issues.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 2:15 PM, Saccharin said:

I'd bet less than 10% of those people are actually from the region but sympathisers.

NCSoft know how many people play from each country. If they find it viable, and I very much doubt that, they will make one.

I bet you are wrong, there is more and more companies every year opening up servers here, take a look at broke SoE, they still have servers operating here.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 3:43 PM, HugeLolcat said:

They should just use this as an opportunity to start getting their servers on cloud infrastructure. If the configs were done cleanly by the devs they can lift and shift whole server stacks from one geo region to another, within a day, or terminate servers that have low population and unprofitable. This without any local datacentre requirements - they can manage it all from NA or wherever they primarily operate. It'll be good for them in the long run if they continue to do MMOs.

Not convinced its server hosting theyre hesitant about, usually these games have some sort of regional distribution rights to operate which they need to deal with.

This exactly, its 2016, not 1999.

People need to stop coming in here spouting its not feasible when they clearly have no idea what is factual when we are talking about what is feasible.

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 3:29 PM, Anna said:

Please. Shafted? The majority of Australians just aren't too into hardcore MMO gaming. And with how bad the internet was in Australia (very expensive for good speed + unlimited, and if it's just unlimited, it's very slow, thanks Optus; idk about NZ), I'd rather have the sever in Singapore. Asian, master race.

You have proof of this?

1 hour ago, KaitoJame said:

let it go

not gonna happen

you ever see NC opened a SEA server for their games? never

and why do they want to open their game server in the nest of bots

and yet they placed there servers where most residents are cheapo and always wishing for freebies? ... common! You maybe from the United States of America but your pockets no longer have the power you guys used to have.  ... Not to mentioned BnS 1st originated in Asia!

13 hours ago, Dechead said:

WoW has about 6-8million players last i checked. BnS has just over 1million players. Now i can tell not all but a big portion of us have bought premium. So similar to WoWs sub fee. Although Blizzard would get more money from Expansions. Seriously 15-1 Im sure NCSoft can afford just hosting 1 new server. They do it every couple days for NA/EU why not us. Also if they have to speak to NCSoft KR then they should if NC West sees a fair amount of players they cant just ignore it they will want to ask if they have to.

Im sorry but im pretty sure the game is for Western players since that was the goal. BRINGING BLADE AND SOUL TO THE WEST. Aus/NZ is western believe it or not. We don't speak any different language to you. We aren't even asking for our own branch. We already got our western branch. The game would not change a bit if it had servers here. We aren't asking for a new release. Just at least 1 server to host the english version of the game. I highly doubt the game would have much higher rating or any higher rating at all in AUS as jiggly breasts aren't going to do much.  I can understand for Countries that may have another first language but here in AUS/NZ we speak english and that only. We are full Western, Literally why would they even need a publisher. I dont see Activision Australia or Activision Oceania anywhere as their own publisher. Neither would NC West, I mean look at League of Legends they dont have Riot OCE its just Riot games end of story. NC West is catering to the west, We are in for the ride too buddy and if our issues arent addressed because someone from NA complained that they were getting 130ms and thought it was "unplayable" and they suddenly fix his problem pronto with more servers because hes from "NA" then a large portion of players from outside the country will be very very upset. If the game was ONLY meant for players of NA/EU then why dont they do what vindictus (yeah that dead game) did and block any ip outside of the servers countries.

What the actual hell do you think we are doing. ITS A POST ABOUT OCEANIC SERVERS!!! And also we dont even need interpreters we are Westerners just like the lot of you in the US, We speak *cricket* English none of that would be needed. We are the same as you we got the western version of the game and its missing a server in a western region! Cmon even VINDICTUS has Australian Servers. And that game has way less of a playerbase than us. And they arent even the main company. Nexon NA and the main company being NEXON KR. IF EVEN DEAD VINDICTUS CAN MAKE AUSTRALIAN SERVERS WHY CANT NCSOFT MAKE ONE FOR US? Hell even Titanfall which last time i checked had about 500 players online on PC still somehow keeps up servers for Xbox and PC for Australia. There is very little excuse to make and Oceanic/SEA/ANZ server. 

If they intended to bring it to the west, there would be Auz servers too. They intended to bring it to the Na/EU player base. Before they brought it out, back when they weren't bringing it here. They specifically said the NA/EU playerbase would want to much changed and that they wouldn't make enough money off us. This isn't NCSoft global, this is for NA/EU people. Thats why NONE of their games have servers outside of the NA/EU

WoW has about 6-8 million people right? And when it came out it had around 10million?(Right?). Each of those people had to buy the game, then pay for a sub, then pay for expansions. You said yourself BnS Na/Eu only has 1 million and not all of those people paid for anything. 6-8 millions is a heck of a lot more than 1 million dude. Again, NcSoft doesnt' have the money. They laid off half their employees closed 2 different server locations down. (They used to have servers on the east and west coast)

I swear with the rest of your posts you aren't even reading, you're just foaming off out at the mouth.

On May 20, 2015 Blade & Soul has been announced for NA and EU region and is set to release this winter. Closed beta officially began on October 29, 2015.

NA and EU beta testing occurred over the course of five weekends beginning on October 30, 2015, and concluding on December 21, 2015. [9]

For those of you thinking this is a global release, it's not. If it were they would do like Tree of Savior and every other global release and say it's a global release!
This is for the NA and EU region, other people are just allowed to play. But you can't get mad if they don't have stuff for you, since they never claimed to cater for your region.

NA/EU people need more servers before they start giving servers to  a region they don't even cater too. This is why BDO is IP blocking you guys, cause ya'll don't seem to understand how business, contracts, and regional support works. Yes it's crappy ya'll don't have servers, but this isn't for ya'lls region. That's like me being mad at BnS CN for not having NA servers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_%26_Soul

I personally live on the East Coast of the U.S. so it doesn't really affect me, but I have played many mmo's. And throughout the years I have noticed that most of the players that I've met were either from the Washington state area, or Australia. Australian players have a huge playerbase when it comes to mmo's, so imo all NA/EU released titles should dedicate 1 server at launch to the Oceanic region. If not then maybe make at least 1 server Oceanic friendly.

+1 Signature.

3 minutes ago, Aiezen said:

I personally live on the East Coast of the U.S. so it doesn't really affect me, but I have played many mmo's. And throughout the years I have noticed that most of the players that I've met were either from the Washington state area, or Australia. Australian players have a huge playerbase when it comes to mmo's, so imo all NA/EU released titles should dedicate 1 server at launch to the Oceanic region. If not then maybe make at least 1 server Oceanic friendly.

+1 Signature.

This guy gets it.

2 hours ago, SirJamo said:

Lup why are you so salty against OCE servers do you really need another server for NA/EU? Last time i checked you didn't need to be connect to more than 1 server at a time. Am i not correct?

Going to need you to be more original than a "u mad bro"
I personally don't care if Australians get servers, it doesn't remove NA servers.

My point is, you guys are complaining to the wrong people and you guys obviously don't understand how things work. 

Also since smarts obviously isn't your strong suit. Having more servers in more locations (Since NA is huge) gives people that aren't living in the southern states better ping. Like several people from all countries have stated, this is a ping dependent game.  I played FFXIV the servers there are located in Canada, I live in Louisiana. I can literally feel the lag, it's horrible, makes the game almost unplayable especially since it's a dodge heavy game. Now with BnS it's the exact opposite, servers are in Texas, people in northern USA and in Canada have to deal with high ping.

People in EU (EU is freaking huge) need servers in just more than one location as well. 

1 hour ago, Lup said:

Going to need you to be more original than a "u mad bro"
I personally don't care if Australians get servers, it doesn't remove NA servers.

My point is, you guys are complaining to the wrong people and you guys obviously don't understand how things work. 

Also since smarts obviously isn't your strong suit. Having more servers in more locations (Since NA is huge) gives people that aren't living in the southern states better ping. Like several people from all countries have stated, this is a ping dependent game.  I played FFXIV the servers there are located in Canada, I live in Louisiana. I can literally feel the lag, it's horrible, makes the game almost unplayable especially since it's a dodge heavy game. Now with BnS it's the exact opposite, servers are in Texas, people in northern USA and in Canada have to deal with high ping.

People in EU (EU is freaking huge) need servers in just more than one location as well. 

You know the world is also huge? Much bigger than NA and EU Combined. And all the westerners that the game caters to would like to play not just NA/EU. They said that they brought the game to the west and the launch servers would be NA/EU. The game is identical for both NA/EU its the same client unlike KR/CN/TW/JP. Meaning making a server in Oceania would need no change either. And of course you dont care if Australians get servers because all you most likely care about is your own servers for your own needs not the whole of the community. If at least 10k(thats the signature amount Majority of us haven't even seen the petition) of the 1 Million players are from Oceania then ide call that a decent part of the community. Im sure if i was NCSOFT and i saw 10k players leave i wouldnt just shrug it off. And seriously you complain that the lag is too much? Mate try 300+ ms for the majority of all your games and game devs just ignoring you because they fail to acknowledge that their is a community of players outside of the devs country. Seriously even Vindictus(VERY DEAD GAME) made servers for Australia(and are still live till this day) and they are under Nexon NA, If they can do it Im definitely sure NCSOFT West can make one. Some of the devs even said they are looking into servers for Oceania/SEA and if they say that then that mean they most likely have the money to do it or can find a way to do so. Therefore they are most likely just seeing if there is a decent enough playerbase worthy of the investment. I have seen multiple posts Complaining about people within Oceanic/SEA regions getting terrible lag and asking for servers, and with heaps of replies also. So with just that it seems there would be a decent enough playerbase. And you can't just say oh well that have terrible internet anyway, Or they will just stop playing after a couple weeks or any other excuse because its simply just not that. And if we were to leave why wouldnt NA/EU do the same? You guys incapable of boredem or something? Seriously there is no reason not to support and be against Oceanic/SEA servers. It makes you look selfish and want it all to yourself. If it was the other way round and only SEA/OCE had servers i would definitely support the want for servers in other regions such as EU/NA as i would want to broaden the playerbase so the game stays alive. I cant see why you would want to argue against it. As a company, i would want the majority of the world to be able to play first without the connection being so terrible that its actually unplayable. Like hard delays on skills like we do here. Then if so succeeds then move onto moving some servers or adding more within each regions states etc, to ensure an even bigger more solid playerbase that wouldnt leave just because of their connection. Seriously you cant complain about lag until you have been rejected so many times by devs to get servers. And have to live with 300+ ms.

16 hours ago, Lup said:

'oing to need you to be more original than a "u mad bro"

'u mad bro'... this is going to be painful. Ill try to simplify it even more for you. Australia would like Oceanic servers. Now its up to NCSOFT on how to handle the problem, is that okay with you mate? or do we need to ask for your permission to post on an OCE thread.

On 1/31/2016 at 10:33 PM, Lup said:

For those of you thinking this is a global release, it's not. If it were they would do like Tree of Savior and every other global release and say it's a global release!
This is for the NA and EU region, other people are just allowed to play. But you can't get mad if they don't have stuff for you, since they never claimed to cater for your region.

NA/EU people need more servers before they start giving servers to  a region they don't even cater too. This is why BDO is IP blocking you guys, cause ya'll don't seem to understand how business, contracts, and regional support works. Yes it's crappy ya'll don't have servers, but this isn't for ya'lls region. That's like me being mad at BnS CN for not having NA servers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_%26_Soul

Hi, I was just reading around and saw this. Clearly you have not read the Terms of Service (I mean who does unless they have IP Blocks) of BDO. Let me just find it....

Here, just a part of their terms of service I got from BDO:

---

“Territory” means in the countries of Europe, North America and Oceania listed hereunder:

• (....)

• Oceania

AUSTRALIA, COOK ISLANDS, FIJI, KIRIBATI, NAURU, NEW ZEALAND, NIUE, NORFOLK ISLAND, PAPUA NEW GUINEA, PITCAIRN, SAMOA, SOLOMON ISLANDS, TOKELAU, TONGA, TUVALU, VANUATU

---

(Link: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/legal/terms-of-use) It's very easy to spot, you don't even need to read the whole thing.

So yeah, sorry to burst your bubble but we're included on that one. And besides, I heard people complaining for an NA/EU release a few years back when Blade and Soul first released in KR so please, don't think we're the only ones asking for servers here. You guys started that.

Oh and before i forget, +1 signature. :D

I would love to get into PvP but with 250-300ms I have no real hope in making it far.
I've supported the game already, dropped $100 on it... I'm enjoying the game so why not support it.

Hopefully we can see an Oceania server eventually.

Doing combos I see on youtube and it takes an extra 2 or so seconds for me to cast the same about of spells... you can't be competitive with that.

10 minutes ago, Aarku said:

I would love to get into PvP but with 250-300ms I have no real hope in making it far.
I've supported the game already, dropped $100 on it... I'm enjoying the game so why not support it.

Hopefully we can see an Oceania server eventually.

Doing combos I see on youtube and it takes an extra 2 or so seconds for me to cast the same about of spells... you can't be competitive with that.

Yaassss. I finished a quest last night that required me to complete 5 duels. This was bl**dy torture! In the last duel, I just stood there and let my opponent have at it because at 300+ms I can't compete. The whole experience was like holding my own funeral. Depressing.

Archived