OCEANIC SERVERS 1 SIGN OFF 10,000 SIGNATURES FOR OCEANIC SERVERS

CharlieKnR

40 minutes ago, Anna said:

My, God. You don't grasp the concept that the 10k signatures AREN'T ALL AUSTRALIANS RIGHT? 

Moreover, internet is quite sh*t in Australia. Overpriced for unlimited and decent speed, and if it's unlimited, the speed is usually very bad. 

Yes but i was putting that as an example, People are still interested in MMO games here. I mean look at wow they have around 10-15 Oceanic Based Servers. And those servers aren't empty either. Btw slowly we are getting Optic Fibre put into our homes. Most people are getting 50mb/s Now and i can guarantee that servers would have well beyond that. I dont know why you would argue against at all for Oceanic Servers. It doesnt hurt you at all, Its not like they are just going to start ignoring NA and only focus on OCE or something stupid like that. NCSoft NA have almost nothing to do besides translating and bug fixing etc. All the content and cash shop items are already developed from korea. So unless there team is SUPER Small im pretty sure they have time to invest into a server that addresses a pretty big portion of the world Oceania. I could understand from a business point for making a server for somewhere like hawaii which wouldnt cater to many people to make profit. But Oceania is pretty big if you ask me.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dechead said:

I mean look at wow they have around 10-15 Oceanic Based Servers.

WoW has more money and more man power than NCSoft NA which is just a small branch. NcSoft Korea (the main branch) is the one you guys need to give your petition too, they don't pay attention to the NA forums. NcSoft Korea would then have to find a publisher over there to deal with. NcSoft NA closed their other server locations down and also laid off over half their employees, they can't compete with WoW like that.

Side note, before any of that happens, let's be completely real here. The regions that NcSoft NA caters oo are being neglected. They cater to EU people, yet EU people can't even get maintenance at a normal time. A lot of EU people are also saying their servers are actually in Germany at all but are in the US. If that's true, they need their own servers first.
Then after EU people get their servers, NA needs more server locations. Why more locations? Because the USA is pretty big and last time I checked Canada is part of NA. People at the opposite end of the states and people in Canada would also like to play with lower ping. 

I will just never understand why people come to the NA branches and ask for servers in regions that the NA branches don't cater too. No one ever goes to the actual main branches with stuff like this. A lot of us played on the TW,JP, and CN servers no one asked for anything there and that's the place you need to send your gripes.

2 hours ago, Dechead said:

Yes but i was putting that as an example, People are still interested in MMO games here. I mean look at wow they have around 10-15 Oceanic Based Servers. And those servers aren't empty either. Btw slowly we are getting Optic Fibre put into our homes. Most people are getting 50mb/s Now and i can guarantee that servers would have well beyond that. I dont know why you would argue against at all for Oceanic Servers. It doesnt hurt you at all, Its not like they are just going to start ignoring NA and only focus on OCE or something stupid like that. NCSoft NA have almost nothing to do besides translating and bug fixing etc. All the content and cash shop items are already developed from korea. So unless there team is SUPER Small im pretty sure they have time to invest into a server that addresses a pretty big portion of the world Oceania. I could understand from a business point for making a server for somewhere like hawaii which wouldnt cater to many people to make profit. But Oceania is pretty big if you ask me.

SEA population > Oceanic population. Makes more sense to have an SEA server. Plus, the game is Asian and made in Asia (Korea). Makes more sense to expand in other Asian regions.

5 hours ago, Hypatios said:

More justifying of ineptitude, how hard can it be to rent one or two servers and hire a couple of people to keep them running? Blizzard just rents a dozen servers and pays to have them kept up on their schedule 

Obviously to you it can't be that hard so you will have it all set-up and going by next week, maybe two? I wish you the best of luck in your venture, and hope the profits just come rolling in.

I really would like to be more supportive of this venture, but most of the people justifying it are all: "BUT WE WILL BE PROFITABLE LOOK 10K SIGNATURES. HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE SERVERS AND HIRE PEOPLE AND BASICALLY CONJURE MONEY OUT OF AIR? YOU GAIS MADE SO MUCH PROFIT WITH FOUNDERS RITE USE IT TO MAKE OCEANIC SERVERS"

No. As much as I would LOVE to play with below 100ms, no. Assuming you get 100,000 signatures and assuming half of them would ACTUALLY buy premium membership MONTHLY. Still nowhere enough revenue to be profitable.

2 hours ago, Anna said:

SEA population > Oceanic population. Makes more sense to have an SEA server. Plus, the game is Asian and made in Asia (Korea). Makes more sense to expand in other Asian regions.

well thats racist as *cricket*.

and if you have been reading, people here are saying OCE/SEA, and most the time they are singapore based servers anyways, we already know this.

stop crapping on about the asian side bs...

4 hours ago, Lup said:

WoW has more money and more man power than NCSoft NA which is just a small branch. NcSoft Korea (the main branch) is the one you guys need to give your petition too, they don't pay attention to the NA forums. NcSoft Korea would then have to find a publisher over there to deal with. NcSoft NA closed their other server locations down and also laid off over half their employees, they can't compete with WoW like that.

Yes But if Blizzard can make around 15 servers in our region, why cant NCSoft make at least 1?

4 hours ago, Lup said:

NA needs more server locations. Why more locations? Because the USA is pretty big and last time I checked Canada is part of NA. People at the opposite end of the states and people in Canada would also like to play with lower ping. 

Do you wonder why we are demanding Oceanic servers? SO WE CAN PLAY WITH LOWER PING. We average with 250-500ms Ping. If you were getting that type of connection would you want to keep playing? If half of your abilities wouldn't cast on time or even sometimes not at all simply because of the fact the server is on the other side of the world. I would kill to be able to play even with a canadian connection. I bet they play with like a maximum of 150ms. Too be quite honest thats a little selfish if you guys are complaining about the lag in the US yet we here are sitting with a connection so delayed it makes you want to not play anymore. Also Australia is of similar size to USA. Yet we dont complain about one side of the country getting a server and one not. Simply because the connection is still very playable. Anything under 90ms is considered playable. And anything over 200ms is pretty much unplayable.  Even EU players get a better connection to the NA servers than us. 

4 hours ago, Lup said:

I will just never understand why people come to the NA branches and ask for servers in regions that the NA branches don't cater too. No one ever goes to the actual main branches with stuff like this. A lot of us played on the TW,JP, and CN servers no one asked for anything there and that's the place you need to send your gripes.

How would we go about posting on forums or even messaging or any form of communication to the main branch? Not trying to be racist at all here, But we dont even speak their language. I know most likely that some of the countries would speak english as their second or possibly third language. But me personally would have no clue how to send any form of complaint to NCSoft KR or any of the others. Also we didn't complain because NCSoft even said they would try to get Oceanic/SEA servers. 

2 hours ago, Anna said:

Majority of games i have played with an Oceanic/Australian(Named Australian Even though not hosted in the country.) server actually had the server hosted in Singapore since its fairly close and possibly cheaper so that i would not mind.

2 hours ago, Anna said:

I really would like to be more supportive of this venture, but most of the people justifying it are all: "BUT WE WILL BE PROFITABLE LOOK 10K SIGNATURES. HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE SERVERS AND HIRE PEOPLE AND BASICALLY CONJURE MONEY OUT OF AIR? YOU GAIS MADE SO MUCH PROFIT WITH FOUNDERS RITE USE IT TO MAKE OCEANIC SERVERS"

Do you honestly think all people who want Oceanic servers would sign that petition. Most people dont want to make a new account just for one thing, Especially if its on a website majority of us have never heard of. Most of us actually want to play this game, And one of the main attractions is the PvP/Arena which is VERY connection based. Even your LMB auto attacks are effected by ping. I mean look at League of Legends they were a super small company when they started. Smaller than NCSOFT NA yet look at them now. And they invested and took the risk to make servers else where besides just NA and EU since there are a lot more places for people to game. Im sure they can make at least 1 server. Us Oceanic players have been neglected from most game companies for a long time. And only from the past few years have we seen Oceanic servers be a thing. Such as LoL/CSGO/DotA2/Smite/WoW etc. Some of the people from Oceania/SEA are going to leave the game because of this lag and the game will slowly lose players and die. Not saying we are the community for BnS but every player counts and the playerbase from Oceania/SEA isnt small. We are more asking them to take a risk and make Oceanic servers. We aren't saying YOU GAIS HAS SO MUCH MONEY MAKE SERVERS NAO.

1 hour ago, Dechead said:

Yes But if Blizzard can make around 15 servers in our region, why cant NCSoft make at least 1?

I swear it's like you people don't read. Blizzard makes WAY MORE money than NCSoft NA/EU WAAAYYYY more. Blizzard is also an American based company so they can actually make decisions without asking anyone else. NcSoft West (Na/Eu) isn't the main branch, it's not headquarters. They have to ask NcSoft Korea, and if NcSoft korea doesn't see money in it or can't afford it. (Remember they have to set up contracts, review country laws, etc)Then they aren't going to do it. All of that is out of NcSoft West's hands.

Do you wonder why we are demanding Oceanic servers? SO WE CAN PLAY WITH LOWER PING. We average with 250-500ms Ping. If you were getting that type of connection would you want to keep playing? If half of your abilities wouldn't cast on time or even sometimes not at all simply because of the fact the server is on the other side of the world. I would kill to be able to play even with a canadian connection. I bet they play with like a maximum of 150ms. Too be quite honest thats a little selfish if you guys are complaining about the lag in the US yet we here are sitting with a connection so delayed it makes you want to not play anymore. Also Australia is of similar size to USA. Yet we dont complain about one side of the country getting a server and one not. Simply because the connection is still very playable. Anything under 90ms is considered playable. And anything over 200ms is pretty much unplayable.  Even EU players get a better connection to the NA servers than us. 

How is that selfish? Contrary to popular belief these servers are not international/global servers. These are the NA/EU servers, that's why it's labeled NA/EU. Yes other people are allowed to play, but NcSoft west isn't going to cater to them. So no it's not selfish that the people in the regions this branch caters too want lower ping and should get lower ping FIRST. Everyone in the EU/NA isn't playing with ping under 90ms. There's several threads of EU players complaining about that. And sorry, the regions this branch is for needs to have their stuff dealt with first. This region isn't for Oceanic/SEA players.

How would we go about posting on forums or even messaging or any form of communication to the main branch? Not trying to be racist at all here, But we dont even speak their language. I know most likely that some of the countries would speak english as their second or possibly third language. But me personally would have no clue how to send any form of complaint to NCSoft KR or any of the others. Also we didn't complain because NCSoft even said they would try to get Oceanic/SEA servers. 

Do what the BRs do, just go to the forums and make a post. If they get enough emails/posts/letters in English, they'll find someone to translate it. I mean after all they do business with an English branch. I'm sure they have interpreters somewhere.

In the first week in na/eu they have gotten over 1 million that's 1,000,000 players active. You guys have 10k signatures. assuming that both regions have the players split 50/50 both na and eu have 500,000 players in one week

500,000 each

vs 10,000 signatures.

Now let's assume 20% of people buy one thing from the store, that's 2k people giving them money.

Lets assume each spends the min amount for premium 30 days, about 15 bucks

2k*15=$30k usd a month. How much do you think paying all the staff to host, run, and keep running a server costs a month? A lot more than that.

1 minute ago, Sylvaeril said:

In the first week in na/eu they have gotten over 1 million that's 1,000,000 players active. You guys have 10k signatures. assuming that both regions have the players split 50/50 both na and eu have 500,000 players in one week

500,000 each

vs 10,000 signatures.

Now let's assume 20% of people buy one thing from the store, that's 2k people giving them money.

Lets assume each spends the min amount for premium 30 days, about 15 bucks

2k*15=$30k usd a month. How much do you think paying all the staff to host, run, and keep running a server costs a month? A lot more than that.

considering that the game hasnt even been advertised here, 10k isnt that bad at all

and i can bet you many many more have seen the petition but havent signed it due to the way its set up.

so the number crunching you guys doing with out pure facts is just silly.

ncs west need to release numbers by region, and that wouldnt be hard for them to do at all.

then people can know whats fact and whats not.

3 minutes ago, Renegade said:

considering that the game hasnt even been advertised here, 10k isnt that bad at all

and i can bet you many many more have seen the petition but havent signed it due to the way its set up.

so the number crunching you guys doing with out pure facts is just silly.

ncs west need to release numbers by region, and that wouldnt be hard for them to do at all.

then people can know whats fact and whats not.

Either way 10k people isn't that much. Also a lot of people haven't seen advertising for BnS in Na and EU. I never did. It's a lot of word of mouth and just youtube stuff.

1 minute ago, Sylvaeril said:

Either way 10k people isn't that much. Also a lot of people haven't seen advertising for BnS in Na and EU. I never did. It's a lot of word of mouth and just youtube stuff.

i find that hard to believe you didnt see any advertising since facebook, twitter and other social media was plastered with it

fact is NCsoft need to pull their finger out and start showing the game in all the western countries besides the ones the game is hosted in

i can say without a doubt that number you think is small will blow up

our gaming community is not small by any stretch and people need to realize this, why do you think we always get pissed off?

people need to look outside their own boarders....

NCsoft want us to show them numbers, how can you show numbers on a game thats unknown due to no exposure?? 

cant search for a game if you dont know its there right?

9 minutes ago, Renegade said:

i find that hard to believe you didnt see any advertising

A lot of Na/EU people didn't even know the game was coming out unless they forceably kept up with it through the communities on the other servers.
Last a lot of people heard, NcSoft wasn't bringing it out for the NA/EU crowd.

5 minutes ago, Lup said:

A lot of Na/EU people didn't even know the game was coming out unless they forceably kept up with it through the communities on the other servers.
Last a lot of people heard, NcSoft wasn't bringing it out for the NA/EU crowd.

again as soon as NA had the rights to the realease all the game press knew right away..why was this? cause they were all told so by NC west

way before all the alpha/beta stuff came to light, again i dont believe it

and even if it WERE true, just goes to show they need better marketing no?

then going back to my previous statement, the more people know about it the more players will try it.

if they want numbers to show we have support here then they need to put in more of an effort of actually showing the community the game is out.

to me its lazy and lackluster, its like dipping a coffee cup in the ocean and saying there isnt any fish cause none was caught in the cup..

people wont look for something that hasnt been brought to light

2 minutes ago, Renegade said:

again as soon as NA had the rights to the realease all the game press knew right away..why was this? cause they were all told so by NC west

way before all the alpha/beta stuff came to light, again i dont believe it

and even if it WERE true, just goes to show they need better marketing no?

then going back to my previous statement, the more people know about it the more players will try it.

if they want numbers to show we have support here then they need to put in more of an effort of actually showing the community the game is out.

to me its lazy and lackluster, its like dipping a coffee cup in the ocean and saying there isnt any fish cause none was caught in the cup..

Actually they didn't advertise as hard as you think.
A LOT of us didn't know it was coming to NA/EU unless we were still playing the game on the other servers. I usually play and keep up with the latest games coming out. I didn't hear of BnS coming here until almost release. Because they told us, we weren't getting it because we're cry babies lol. (Paraphrasing) So a lot of people gave up hope and just stopped paying attention to it all together.

1 minute ago, Lup said:

Actually they didn't advertise as hard as you think.
A LOT of us didn't know it was coming to NA/EU unless we were still playing the game on the other servers. I usually play and keep up with the latest games coming out. I didn't hear of BnS coming here until almost release. Because they told us, we weren't getting it because we're cry babies lol. (Paraphrasing) 

well in fact you guys were asking for 6 years

Well NCWest is not getting my money for a game that is barely functional. Everything i do in game is at disadvantage thanks to the ping.

I came so far just to get beaten by the lag, forcing me to stop caring as the ping progressively get worst. Until an Asia/Oceanic server or even NC's own VPN network is up i can't do jack properly ingame without feeling like an unprivileged loser. People do 3 keys combo under 1.5 sec and i can barely use a single simple skill in a sec.

That said, i've lost the motivation to progress.

4 hours ago, Lup said:

I swear it's like you people don't read. Blizzard makes WAY MORE money than NCSoft NA/EU WAAAYYYY more. Blizzard is also an American based company so they can actually make decisions without asking anyone else. NcSoft West (Na/Eu) isn't the main branch, it's not headquarters. They have to ask NcSoft Korea, and if NcSoft korea doesn't see money in it or can't afford it. (Remember they have to set up contracts, review country laws, etc)Then they aren't going to do it. All of that is out of NcSoft West's hands.

WoW has about 6-8million players last i checked. BnS has just over 1million players. Now i can tell not all but a big portion of us have bought premium. So similar to WoWs sub fee. Although Blizzard would get more money from Expansions. Seriously 15-1 Im sure NCSoft can afford just hosting 1 new server. They do it every couple days for NA/EU why not us. Also if they have to speak to NCSoft KR then they should if NC West sees a fair amount of players they cant just ignore it they will want to ask if they have to.

4 hours ago, Lup said:

How is that selfish? Contrary to popular belief these servers are not international/global servers. These are the NA/EU servers, that's why it's labeled NA/EU. Yes other people are allowed to play, but NcSoft west isn't going to cater to them. So no it's not selfish that the people in the regions this branch caters too want lower ping and should get lower ping FIRST. Everyone in the EU/NA isn't playing with ping under 90ms. There's several threads of EU players complaining about that. And sorry, the regions this branch is for needs to have their stuff dealt with first. This region isn't for Oceanic/SEA players.

Im sorry but im pretty sure the game is for Western players since that was the goal. BRINGING BLADE AND SOUL TO THE WEST. Aus/NZ is western believe it or not. We don't speak any different language to you. We aren't even asking for our own branch. We already got our western branch. The game would not change a bit if it had servers here. We aren't asking for a new release. Just at least 1 server to host the english version of the game. I highly doubt the game would have much higher rating or any higher rating at all in AUS as jiggly breasts aren't going to do much.  I can understand for Countries that may have another first language but here in AUS/NZ we speak english and that only. We are full Western, Literally why would they even need a publisher. I dont see Activision Australia or Activision Oceania anywhere as their own publisher. Neither would NC West, I mean look at League of Legends they dont have Riot OCE its just Riot games end of story. NC West is catering to the west, We are in for the ride too buddy and if our issues arent addressed because someone from NA complained that they were getting 130ms and thought it was "unplayable" and they suddenly fix his problem pronto with more servers because hes from "NA" then a large portion of players from outside the country will be very very upset. If the game was ONLY meant for players of NA/EU then why dont they do what vindictus (yeah that dead game) did and block any ip outside of the servers countries.

4 hours ago, Lup said:

Do what the BRs do, just go to the forums and make a post. If they get enough emails/posts/letters in English, they'll find someone to translate it. I mean after all they do business with an English branch. I'm sure they have interpreters somewhere.

What the actual hell do you think we are doing. ITS A POST ABOUT OCEANIC SERVERS!!! And also we dont even need interpreters we are Westerners just like the lot of you in the US, We speak *cricket* English none of that would be needed. We are the same as you we got the western version of the game and its missing a server in a western region! Cmon even VINDICTUS has Australian Servers. And that game has way less of a playerbase than us. And they arent even the main company. Nexon NA and the main company being NEXON KR. IF EVEN DEAD VINDICTUS CAN MAKE AUSTRALIAN SERVERS WHY CANT NCSOFT MAKE ONE FOR US? Hell even Titanfall which last time i checked had about 500 players online on PC still somehow keeps up servers for Xbox and PC for Australia. There is very little excuse to make and Oceanic/SEA/ANZ server. 

7 hours ago, Dechead said:

WoW has about 6-8million players last i checked. BnS has just over 1million players. Now i can tell not all but a big portion of us have bought premium. So similar to WoWs sub fee. Although Blizzard would get more money from Expansions. Seriously 15-1 Im sure NCSoft can afford just hosting 1 new server. They do it every couple days for NA/EU why not us. Also if they have to speak to NCSoft KR then they should if NC West sees a fair amount of players they cant just ignore it they will want to ask if they have to.

its actually fallen below 6 million, before they said they are no longer going to realease how many subs they have currently in game it was around 5 million, but in saying that, blizz isnt showing numbers now because speculation is its much lower than the 5 million they last showed, videos have been made about it as well as other posts.

On 1/29/2016 at 5:15 PM, Saccharin said:

I'd bet less than 10% of those people are actually from the region but sympathisers.

NCSoft know how many people play from each country. If they find it viable, and I very much doubt that, they will make one.

Thats honestly a horrible bet considering devs and the community asked for strictly Australians and everyone from SEA,oceania.  so im sure around 99% of those people are from those regions. if people were sympathetic towards us then they wouldn't sign it :). 

20 hours ago, Anna said:

My, God. You don't grasp the concept that the 10k signatures AREN'T ALL AUSTRALIANS RIGHT? 

Moreover, internet is quite sh*t in Australia. Overpriced for unlimited and decent speed, and if it's unlimited, the speed is usually very bad. 

U seem to not know anything. me and all my friends from school AND EVERYONE I KNOW THAT IS IN AUSTRALIA connect to games fine with a ping below 50. whether its in SEA or Oceania. unless you live in australia you cant say our net is so shit we cant play games. like we have a huge player base so how can u even assume that?

SO what happens if they make an Oceanic server? Re-roll a new Character and leave my old one? NO way!

It's either make an Oceanic Server and ALLOW SERVER TRANSFER! Otherwise, ill stay in NA get bored to death and move on to another game.

I'm from Oceanic time zone by the way.

... but yah pretty much gonna give up PVP, with high ping even with a fiber optic connection ... no way i'm gonna out match ppl with better PING. ... so anther month of PVE and guess RIP?

... oh one more thing, NA/EU people don't spend as much as Oceanic and Asian people do...the Rich people mostly comes from Asia and we are the big spenders. Think about that NCSoft.... no wonder BnS in Asia lasted for 4 years!

Archived