Forums

OCEANIC SERVERS 1 SIGN OFF 10,000 SIGNATURES FOR OCEANIC SERVERS

CharlieKnR

As an SEA player I would like this and help get at least 100 players (all irl friends playing bns), but seeing how some were just complete sh*tmuffins to the guy wishing you luck, nah. 

Hope it fails. I'll be fine with my 200ms AND BEING NICE TO PEOPLE.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this thread sure got derailed...

As with all the other oceanic players I'd really like local servers, and would be much more willing to support the game financially if they existed. 

AlterNatiVe, thanks for the well wishes :). Sorry some people misunderstood and flamed you, I think your comment was conflated with someone else's. Oceanic players are accustomed to being treated as second class, and some can be a little short fused and defensive when it comes to the topic of getting proper access to the games we love.

I hope you can understand that the actions of the few do not reflect the attitudes of the many. Please don't hold it against us all, just like any other group we're made up of unique individuals, not a collective hive mind. 

So lets take it easy on each other and get back to the topic of raising support for localisation for oceanic players. The demand is here, let's see some service. 

It's not gonna happen they said it many time on stream. Reason is because they don't have have a team there and they don't even have a base of operation there. There gonna lose money trying to set up a server for you guys since they will have to find a base of operation hire a team of people to work on the game and servers.

All these americans having a whine about Oceania. I bet if they had to play on 230-260 ping they would be the first to be on here complaining. In this day and age, when so many MMOs have Oceanic servers, it's no longer acceptable for a company to neglect the region.

36 minutes ago, Akatsukii said:

It's not gonna happen they said it many time on stream. Reason is because they don't have have a team there and they don't even have a base of operation there. There gonna lose money trying to set up a server for you guys since they will have to find a base of operation hire a team of people to work on the game and servers.

To be honest, most of the Oceanic players don't spend their time looking on the forums and they probably can't be bothered signing any petition. I know a lot of people who don't visit forums simply because of the behaviour that was displayed in this thread. We have disrespectful people involving themselves in other people's matters to voice their irrelevant opinion, and we have people being too sensitive over someone's opinion towards the existence of our community.

Everyone needs to calm down. Ignore irrelevant posts and stay focused on building an Oceanic community. We need to show NCSoft we're a reliable and strong community.

Quote from Omeed in another thread:

"We are considering it, but there are currently no plans for this. To give you some context, we only have the publishing rights for North America and Europe at the moment, so there is a process for us to go through if we did decide on this. 

There are definitely some very passionate players from that area - and we appreciate them - but it's a much larger conversation for the company. "

9 minutes ago, Vade said:

Quote from Omeed in another thread:

"We are considering it, but there are currently no plans for this. To give you some context, we only have the publishing rights for North America and Europe at the moment, so there is a process for us to go through if we did decide on this. 

There are definitely some very passionate players from that area - and we appreciate them - but it's a much larger conversation for the company. "

a conversation that no doubt hasnt happened yet as the people in these regions have had zero information on what they have already asked us to do.

This will not stop until we either get a server or get proper information and facts that back up the information explained.

No point linking what has been said by Omeed as we already know this, still we have been told to show our standing on this topic, if linking this and crapping on about we will never have a server without having pure facts then you should keep your nose out of the threads that involve this region.

Throwing my hat into the ring, Oceanic servers are pretty much make or break for me. After one month (When premium expires) if there aren't Oceanic servers (Or on the way) I'll probably call it a day.

1 hour ago, Akatsukii said:

Not only have they stated the exact opposite, they don't NEED a base of operations here. I'll bet their current servers are VMs (As are most servers in business), all they need to do is to spin up a VM (Or multiple, depending on their setup) in a datacenter in Australia, and they can handle maintenance at the same time as NA (Using the same people. sitting in the same chairs in NA). And the people working on the game can continue exactly where they currently are, why would they have to move anyone to work on the servers?!

1 minute ago, Daemoroth said:

Throwing my hat into the ring, Oceanic servers are pretty much make or break for me. After one month (When premium expires) if there aren't Oceanic servers (Or on the way) I'll probably call it a day.

Not only have they stated the exact opposite, they don't NEED a base of operations here. I'll bet their current servers are VMs (As are most servers in business), all they need to do is to spin up a VM (Or multiple, depending on their setup) in a datacenter in Australia, and they can handle maintenance at the same time as NA (Using the same people. sitting in the same chairs in NA). And the people working on the game can continue exactly where they currently are, why would they have to move anyone to work on the servers?!

Do you not watch there stream? There was a question asking will there be a OCE server in the future and Babbletr0n reply with the reason I stated above

2 hours ago, Akatsukii said:

Do you not watch there stream? There was a question asking will there be a OCE server in the future and Babbletr0n reply with the reason I stated above

User is offline   NC Elusive user_popup.png
  • d69a9b061da1408580b98ccd73d6f285?d=http%
  • B&S Brand Manager
  • gallery_2_176_3760.png
  • View gallery
  • Group:NCSOFT
  • Curse Voice:NC Elusive
  • Race:Yun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Aug 18, 2015 - 8:43 AM

Hey. Fellow Aussie here. We're still investigating the possibility, but that conversation is part of a broader discussion we're having with HQ (something something SEA region something). Trust me, I'm fighting for this strongly because it means a lot. Don't give up hope! But we'd rather not lead Aussies down a "maybe" path to suddenly turn around and say "yeah, nope", thus we're erring on the side of caution here. 
Brand Manager for Blade & Soul West
Follow me on Twitter:@julianneharty

Posted Image

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/

Good luck guys and nothing is never set in stone as far as business is concerned.Maybe you should include people from philippines though it's not too far from australia and i'm sure their ping would be better then what they have atm.

6 hours ago, Keawen said:

Good luck guys and nothing is never set in stone as far as business is concerned.Maybe you should include people from philippines though it's not too far from australia and i'm sure their ping would be better then what they have atm.

like people have said, its not just australia or NZ its people from SEA

I'm from NA but I'm vacationing in AUS for a year. Not happy when I used to get 30ms - 80ms ping to MMOs now I get 250ms. :/ I signed the petition because at some point I do want to move to AUS, but now I'm not so sure. My boyfriend is from AUS that is why I want to move here and get out of the NA slump. I'm just realizing that the gaming community here is huge (went to the EB games Expo) but it seems like game companies don't want to interfere with AUS strict regulations of games and its censoring.

Archived