is destroyer spin spam op ?

Hunabs

i think that ability is just anoying and overpowered, everytime u try to get closer to them they just spam it and keep doing it all the battle, a very low number of destroyers dont play with the spin, i think that tactic is absurdly op u cant block, cant counter it and they can use it for several seconds and then re spin almost immediatly

spins resist knockdown and stagger, the abuse of that ability should be nerfed its zero strategy for the game just become immune to knocks and such and spin near the other player, it also hits when ure out of range, u can see the axe a few meters far from u but u still got hit

They do not resist knock downs and interrupts like blade master's Z. This is coming from personal experience. If you throw your cc at the beginning of our spin however, that .5 second will parry. I don't know if I can make this any more simpler for you.

12 minutes ago, Enamour said:

They do not resist knock downs and interrupts like blade master's Z. This is coming from personal experience. If you throw your cc at the beginning of our spin however, that .5 second will parry. I don't know if I can make this any more simpler for you.

Exactly.  As a destroyer, I can attest to this.  That, and the destroyer has 2 different spins.  The blue spin has .5 seconds of parry at the start (and that's about it), while the red spin can have massive resists (only when specced to do so), but has a 30sec-1min cooldown (depending on the specs).  Nothing scary, just wait a second after you see a blue spin and then you can get right in there.  Most match-ups are fairly balanced with other classes, but I've had trouble with just about every class as destroyer (F**K forcemasters).

Destroyers don't have a reliable block (shield has a very high cooldown), so they must use the spin. Removing it is probably the same as removing block from BMs, counter from KFMs etc.

Also, if you spam spin you run out of chi, then you're a sitting duck. Other classes don't use chi at all for their defensive skills...

1 hour ago, Hunabs said:

i think that ability is just anoying and overpowered, everytime u try to get closer to them they just spam it and keep doing it all the battle, a very low number of destroyers dont play with the spin, i think that tactic is absurdly op u cant block, cant counter it and they can use it for several seconds and then re spin almost immediatly

Uninstall and go back to wow.. Please we dont need players like you.

1 hour ago, Carsten said:

Uninstall and go back to wow.. Please we dont need players like you.

dont be rude nab he is just asking,

besides is it unblockable?

i was able to block mobs attack never tried on pvp block, fought some destroyer player i just use 3 knock down when they use it, or just stab over and over

well i will check it later

I have a question regarding that "grab and punch him in the face for 10 seconds" ability. Is that interruptible by FMs?

I had a recent duel with a destroyer 10 levels below me and he almost killed me because of that annoying skill. I don't mind the spin though.

8 hours ago, Hunabs said:

8 hours ago, Hunabs said:

spins resist knockdown and stagger, the abuse of that ability should be nerfed its zero strategy for the game just become immune to knocks and such and spin near the other player, it also hits when ure out of range, u can see the axe a few meters far from u but u still got hit

Knockdowns. 'nuff said. No they do not resist knockdowns as I knock them down to interrupt spin all the time.

5 hours ago, bTonyd said:

I have a question regarding that "grab and punch him in the face for 10 seconds" ability. Is that interruptible by FMs?

I had a recent duel with a destroyer 10 levels below me and he almost killed me because of that annoying skill. I don't mind the spin though.

That is called Wedge and it does next to no damage. Its the throw\piledriver or Headbutt\Smash after that that is getting you. Escape.

7 minutes ago, Kyrrua said:

destroyer vs kfm

destro spins

free jump knockup auto combo for kfm.

Happens everytime.

Can confirm this is what happens. It's always fun punishing destroyers who just mash the keyboard.

This class is so overpowered yet I don't even know what half the skills do, you should definitely trust my unreliable information and whining about mechanics I don't understand.

Spin: Blocks only for 0.5 seconds, costs 20/2 Chi, and leaves you vulnerable for a while, it's destroyers only block/mobility that prevents them from getting kited all game. If it wasn't for spin, destroyer would get kited to death by most classes and no chance to do anything back to them. They are already slow, they are even slower without their spin, they have relatively high cooldowns. If a destroyer messes up compared to ANY class, he is the most punishable class of all.

• 1 month later...

Typhoon can be specced in to resisting all CC (red spin) and also, can have its CD reset with other skills speced correctly, so no it doesn't go on CD for 1 min, yes its bs and broken.

The blue spin can be specced in to 400% defense, which is equal to around 75% damage mitigation, depending on the Destroyers Defense.

The part about des that i would expect ppl to complain about is the ani cancel to death in 3s along with kfm which u cant make mistakes against or else that happens thats the only complain i have. Oh and theres the acting while still in iframe that imo is prt stupid 

Calling something op before even trying to understand it and researching on his own... What a great mindset we have there. Honestly, I dont even know if the helpful advice here is even helpful for OP.
I wonder why people still dont want to understand that this is a game, that you have to learn a lot about, if you want to PvP or you will die just over and over again. You have to study for days to even remotely understand your class and other classes and how to effectively play against them. Calling something op is absolutely useless anyway and only a big sign for someones own incompetence to grow as a player.

5 hours ago, Taemek said:

Typhoon can be specced in to resisting all CC (red spin) and also, can have its CD reset with other skills speced correctly, so no it doesn't go on CD for 1 min, yes its bs and broken.

The blue spin can be specced in to 400% defense, which is equal to around 75% damage mitigation, depending on the Destroyers Defense.

Wrong. Only the vulnerable Typhoon can be reset. Resist Typhoon is unaffected by reset skills.

And why would anyone use defense spin? That's just delaying your death. Parry spin provides an opportunity to attack, something destro lacks.

Archived