Sign in to follow this  
LtWelkin

KFM lifesteal? Reversal?

LtWelkin   

Lv 40 blade master here, completely new to the game compared to many it seems, and I don't understand the timing for reversal against KFM grapples.

The frustrating part is not that it does damage (which it doesn't really) but that he/she heals 10k health back, which I find annoying for something seemingly spammed. And there is an equivalent for blade masters to healing 10k health? I hate having to do 80k total dmg to someone just because they grabbed me.
T
his isn't a rage thread, but I find myself losing to every kfm I've fought so far, I can escape other people's stuff easily. Any help?

80k? What?

A Lv40 KFM would have at much 10k health, if you get knocked down and grappled that often, you are probably doing something wrong.  

LtWelkin   

In arena, they have 47k health, but everytime I bring them down to 10k health, they grapple to basically half health again.

Also, a lot of people get knocked down often in this game, I don't see why a grapple should be so "rare"

Also, instead of telling me that im doing something wrong, please help me, since I am acknowledging I am new and I dont know whats going on.

Edit: I see a lot of people hating on blade dancers and I can see why, but I can play patiently with them without waiting in 1 instance, they'll be near full health again. I am also able to get out of their grapples very easily, and that goes for other classes. I don't understand kung fu master though, which is why im asking for some insight. 

EDIT: This is Arena forums iirc, so I don't know why you thought they'd only have 10k health.

Edited by LtWelkin

Nischana   

Against this kind of KFM , specc that your escape works against grappel, try to use F often , and just do DMG.

The weakness of this specc is either, he cant escape lockdowns well, or he lacks of burst.

As a BM you will struggel against this build i would recomment you to play extrem passiv, and try to do as mutch dmg as you can against him, if you play it well you maybe can bring it into a tie break an win by dmg done.

LtWelkin   

Thank you VERY MUCH. I have noticed that kfm's do lack quite of a bit of damage when they go heavy on the lifesteal grapple area.

I DIDN'T notice that my tab skill can be specced at tier 3 to escape grapples (I only bothered for 1 point since I put other points somewhere else ofc).

Thanks for that, I'll prob spec before the match against a KFM for grapple escape. 

Nischana   

I would recomment first loosing one round against KFM that are grappel specct(if you even loose ) if they are without the escape and then pick it up. the specc is NOT every wide spread and most KFM dos not even use it.

The normal way for KFM is not to pick up grappel, if you pick up the grappel escape against normal KFM the points will be useless and with missing the cc on stunbreak you will be in a massive disadvantage because they dont need to care about a "reversal" lockdown if they try to lockdown you.

holy shit the answers here are so dumb it makes me cry.

putting 3 points into grapple doesn't at all decrease your dps potential.

furthermore you can grapple not only against knockdowned opponents, but you can grapple against stunned/dazed opponents.

and STILL you can grapple against blocking opponents. 

so saying "getting grappled  you do something wrong" is only said by retards.

OP asked the TIMING to counter against grapple

so here is the answer, although im fairly new to the game too but i have a platinum level45 kfm:

you cant counter autoattacks, but you can counter pummel (button 2) better kfms usually just use headbutt (button 1) which is i heard very hard to counter, a fast 1 hit which heals 8% health altogether. (pummel heals 9% but deals more dmg) +3 autoattack is another 9% max hp heal.

usually kfms who grapple are bad. (like me, although i still reached plat but i can vouch that im bad, but luckily others are even worse. i dont even know any other classes skills, i dont even use 3rf i just spam shin kicks. hell i dont even understand what my X does, yet still i have good reflexes and good predictions/psychology to do good with lots of counters and counterbreaks)

so against grappling kfms you will probably win if you spam F to roll back and counter breaks (unless he uses twin fangs) you have more escapes and same cc combos so you should be alright if you practice the matchup. i heard from other kfm pros that hardest matchup for kfm at high elo (korea diamond) is blade master.

usually the way i lose with grappling heal spec is timer running out, and enemy doing more dmg to me. so you can try to play defensively while your combos are on cooldown so if timer runs out you will probably win.

Edited by Atomisten

Nischana   

It dos decrease your burst or your escape to run grappel.

Because blue buff is a kinda heavy dmg buff.

And iceflower is a good defensive buff.

I know that KFM can grappel blocking ppl thats why i told him it will be hard as a BM to win this.

Reversal works when they start the skill after their punches. So look for it, Most KFM will punch twice to three times before using a skill, time ur reversal for then. The real struggle is getting stun locked into animation cancel and losing 70% of ur hp.

PatchKid   

I think KFM is a pretty nasty counter to BM.  They can stun you if you use deflect/block, they can grapple you if you use deflect/block, and they can E/Q your skills very easily - and if you try to block after they do dodge an attack the button they use to stun you from E/Q dodging is the same one they use to stun you while deflect/blocking.  This means you're going to get stuck in a bad situation most of the time.  Either grappled or stunlocked.  Be very judicious with your stun break.  Recommend using it when you see them stomp the ground.

Also, Z stun for KFM heals them 10% HP if they land it.

Zenja   

I feel the healing KFM does is really the only "broken" thing we have. 

As for advice, I guess don't blow your breakout ability on the "faux-Grapple" a KFM does after an air combo, since that "grapple" doesn't heal (unless they headbutt).