PVP is trash

TheSpleenSlayer

Someone told me PVP is fair no matter what level you are, how the *cricket* is it fair. I barely have unlocked any skills cant do  any combos, sure it made me level 45 but I didn't get any skill points so im basically a low damage dealing combo-less tank that cant do shit vsing level 45's with there skill book tree thing maxed. Im lucky to every reach 10k dmg 

3 minutes ago, TheSpleenSlayer said:

Someone told me PVP is fair no matter what level you are

"Someone" lied to you. It doesn't make sense even on a very rudimentary level to assume that you'd be able to compete with max level characters who've allocated all of their skill points when you're using a character with no/very few skill points.

Are you referring to arena pvp? If so I was able to get gold before level 20 but of course i had months of practice in the past, but really don't pvp until at least level 35+ depending on how experienced you are, if its your first time just don't, you'll just be frastruated by how much you get smacked around Stick to pve lol at least until you get enough skill points to be able to compete as a new player

Someone twisted what it actually is.

In arena, pvp is mostly equal opportunity and is about playing smart assuming you are both the same level; no huge class advantage gaps. The only real big disadvantage of pvp in lower levels is you don't have access to all your skills, and even then skilled players can get over that hurdle.

Open world pvp is a different story, you'll get rekt.

6 minutes ago, TheSpleenSlayer said:

Someone told me PVP is fair no matter what level you are, how the *cricket* is it fair. I barely have unlocked any skills cant do  any combos, sure it made me level 45 but I didn't get any skill points so im basically a low damage dealing combo-less tank that cant do shit vsing level 45's with there skill book tree thing maxed. Im lucky to every reach 10k dmg 

err they lied, sure you have stats of a 45 but are alot of talents that make or even totally change skills. My experience in pvp is that its pretty fair, i found it refreshing to be a mage like class and not get 1-2 shot by everything i faced. Though like any mmo i'm sure its more people still learning the game.

4 minutes ago, Karurosuda said:

Someone twisted what it actually is.

In arena, pvp is mostly equal opportunity and is about playing smart assuming you are both the same level; no huge class advantage gaps. The only real big disadvantage of pvp in lower levels is you don't have access to all your skills, and even then skilled players can get over that hurdle.

Open world pvp is a different story, you'll get rekt.

Are you saying that skilled players can get over a huge level gap in arena pvp? Because that's definitely not true, assuming the other person actually knows what they're doing/is even remotely competent at playing their class. Sure, you can beat fresh 45 players who don't really understand their class as a level 18 summoner but once people start gaining meaningful competency with their class there's no way a low level can realistically compete, period.

7 minutes ago, NineArt said:

Are you referring to arena pvp? If so I was able to get gold before level 20 but of course i had months of practice in the past, but really don't pvp until at least level 35+ depending on how experienced you are, if its your first time just don't, you'll just be frastruated by how much you get smacked around Stick to pve lol at least until you get enough skill points to be able to compete as a new player

I was referring to arena pvp of course

12 minutes ago, Teisho said:

Are you saying that skilled players can get over a huge level gap in arena pvp? Because that's definitely not true, assuming the other person actually knows what they're doing/is even remotely competent at playing their class. Sure, you can beat fresh 45 players who don't really understand their class as a level 18 summoner but once people start gaining meaningful competency with their class there's no way a low level can realistically compete, period.

Whats your definition of a low level? What I mean is lower levels have the possibility to trump higher levels, but not to extreme odds such as lvl5 to lvl 45 like you seem to be implying.
That applies for pvp in almost any mmo, so it goes without saying. 

1 minute ago, Karurosuda said:

Whats your definition of a low level? What I mean is lower levels have the possibility to trump higher levels, but not to extreme odds such as lvl5 to lvl 45 like you seem to be implying.
That applies for pvp in almost any mmo, so it goes without saying. 

The "definition" of a low level that I'm working with is one that actually depends on what you mean. This is why I asked if you were saying skilled players can get over a huge level gap, since your post implies that, almost by necessity due to the way you phrased it. I used the level 18 vs level 45 example simply because I have no idea what you're talking about.

huge class imbalances. Destroyer, assassin, summoner. alll need a good nerfing... when you see a gold ranked lvl 19 lyn summoner or blade dancer in pvp winning every round it makes me cringe. The trick to being decent with any class is to understand your CC abilities and to counter and evade as many attacks as possible without being obvious and getting your defense broken. Not that any amount of skill will win you a match vs a destro or summoner... you might hang with an assassin with some practice. watch some streams of high ranked korean pvpers

Yeah no it's not fair, PvP in this game is all about skills and combos so the less you have the more of a disadvantage you're at.  That said you don't have to be 45 to compete if depending on who you're fighting.  I'm not very good at PvP at all but I have beaten quite a few people well above my level mostly b/c they weren't very good either, I was just better at being terrible. :)   There does come a point though where even a mediocre player who's learned a long combo will destroy you if you're too low level to do a similar combo or have the tools to escape it.

Generally though I've started doing PvP on all the classes I've done at around 20 and the matches usually feel pretty fair even when I go up against higher levels.  Though you can easily tell when you're going up against people way out of your league, especially LBD's as you literally may never get an attack off.

Archived