Help NCSoft collect these issues and help YOU [POST YOUR ISSUES AND REQUESTS HERE]

Phantium

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SoIaris said:

Guys be careful with the "bump" posts, other topics have been closed because of bumps, I would hate it if they closed this post for such a reason.

Agree, but why is this bad? Of course i don't want the best topic deleted, but why is bring up my post worth punishing like that?

2 hours ago, Ernestasx said:

Agree, but why is this bad? Of course i don't want the best topic deleted, but why is bring up my post worth punishing like that?

This time bumping the thread was not really necessary, as there were several posts just before that. Other than that, bumping a thread without adding to it is usually frowned upon, whatever the intentions were. Phantium, have you considered asking for the thread to be stickied? That way people won't have to bump it unnecessarily.

1. Expansion on a listed issue: the running into "invisible walls" thing is not just Yehara's Mirage, you'll run into it all over the place when you're running, and getting stuck on doorframes, stairs, slopes, etc. is a real pain (e.g. the doorframes leading to the earthseers and merry potters in jadestone). This is just really poor pathing code, and the obvious solution is to make characters slip or slide around/over obstacles when they clip the edge of them. This also applies to the horrible hitboxes for a lot of terrain, objects and buildings. Countless times I've tried to glide through what looks like empty space between the branches of a tree, or just below an arch, or around a corner or something just to get stuck (and drop and take damage).

2. Force master AoE skills always fire horizontally. This is absurd in PvE because it's impossible to hit enemies outside of melee range if the ground is not close to flat (it often isn't). Either make those skills follow terrain (i.e. always a certain height) or better, make them fire along the crosshairs in the vertical direction too.

3. Expansion on listed issue: Translations are atrocious and inconsistent, especially in the crafting system, though I've seen some of this getting fixed recently. Still, more work is required, and some of the hints for finding materials are flat out wrong  (e.g. getting cardinal directions wrong). The dubs often don't match the text, and it seems that some of the player's text lines are missing, with just the green continue conversation button producing a jump in conversation.

4. Inventory full false alarm: When you try to open a container or salvage something the game checks your open inventory space against the HIGHEST POSSIBLE number of items you could get from the action, and doesn't even check for stacking, and just dumps everything nito overflow with an inventory full message if that number is greater than the space syou have open. As an example,  if you have 2 open spaces in your inventory, you ahve a stack of fusion powder somewhere in there, and you salvage a soul shield, you will get this error message, even if you only actually get 1 or two fusion powder items, because apparently it's POSSIBLE to get 4 items from any given soul shield so 2 open spaces + 1 that opens because the soul shield got salvaged < 4 possible despite the fact that (a) the items you actually got will fit in what space you have and (b) you already have a stack of fusion powder sitting right there. If you're opening a reward box with something like 8~10 possible drops at once you need at least that much open space or it'll aggravatingly go to overflow.

Possibly related to this, if you receive an item that you already have a stack of, sometimes it'll move the stack to it instead of just adding itself to the stack (not quite sure what the conditions are, Daily Dash and mail maybe?). This is annoying if you keep stuff in certain places in your inventory.

5. World PvP load screen deaths. Sometimes there's lag between when your character appears in game on the server and when your load screen lifts on your PC. If you're wearing a faction uniform and an enemy finds you in that time, they can waste you. If this happens at your respawn this can loop. The obvious solution is to give characters temporary invulnerability grace period upon entering a zone, until 30 seconds or character action, whichever comes first. This is pretty standard stuff for MMOs with world PvP...

6. Can't do anything at crafting guilds when an order is in progress. You should at least be able to see what's being produced and have the option to cancel it like you can from the mobile crafting menu.

On 1/31/2016 at 3:42 PM, Makuramen said:

I cannot seem to gather any nodes despite having the required gathering tools needed.  The nodes always tell me "You do not have enough permissions" and the chat window says "This item belongs to another player". There's been no one near the node but me for well over 10 minutes now...Why am I still not able to gather?  I understand that if another player begins gathering but never picks up the resource, then it is claimed to be theirs.  That's fine, but put a limit on how long that node can be tagged, about 5 minutes would be good.  This seems to just be an oversight in the programming, but it could be fixed very simply.

Please look into it!

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Makuramen said:

Update:

Waited at an active (ready to be looted) water well node for about 50 minutes just now.  Had the "F" key held down as I saw about 2 players every minute come up to the same well trying to get the water like me.  Seriously...PLEASE FIX NODE GATHERING! It is entirely worthless except for a few fortune ones who get it without getting "This item belongs to another player" for 50+ minutes!!! Also, 1 node for 50+ players within an hour or so of time is extremely deterring for players trying to do anything with professions.

Please fix!

Quoted from post: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/164990-cannot-gather-bug-glitch-as-intended/

20 hours ago, MENT said:

Bump the best thread ever.

Absolutely! But no bumping, that closes threads, we don't want that :)
And yeah, the crashing of the launcher.... had to try a ton of times just to get in, but sometimes i get in on the first try.

Some days i have skill delay also

On 1/28/2016 at 8:51 PM, Phantium said:

Adding this right now out of curiosity and a side thing to think about while writing these issues down what server are you on and have you experienced any issues with it? ^^

i have a character on Iksanun and Onmyung and i have the problem on both characters so far the only way i can find a way to fix it it to first delete a character then i can see everything fine but i don't know if that has anything to do with anything. 

Archived