Australian Servers Please!

Trilltko

I've just emigrated to BnS from World of Warcraft, where I was a Gladiator (2700+) rated player in arena. WoW has gone to shit so I'm looking for a new arena-based PvP MMO to fill the void.

There's just one problem: I'm from Australia and can't compete with people who have 30-50 ping when I have 270.

It's virtually doubling my effective reaction time to everything, it's hard enough to counter random NPC abilities, let alone actual players due to the lag.

The only way that I was able to play WoW at a seriously competitive level was once they finally introduced Australian based servers, which lowered my ping from 180 to 20, making my quality of life 100x better.

I know there have already been petitions with 10000+ signatures and dozens of threads on the forums but maybe this one will make a difference. I can feel the difference in damage that I do in dungeons compared to someone who obviously has lower ping, I simply can't get my skills off as fast as they can, I'd say that I easily do 30 - 50% less damage than someone who is local to the server, plus a lot of the combos are simply impossible due to having tight activation windows that I'm unable to meet thanks to the lag and global cooldown on abilities.

Please NCSoft, give us Australian servers. There is a strong playerbase over here, but we're being crippled by the lag and it's making the game extremely unenjoyable.

Even on the Taiwanese servers we get at least 100 ping on a good day, usually closer to 150; which is still a massive disadvantage.

2 minutes ago, Insensate said:

Yes please. 

Have to use WTFast to even get 180ms-ish, from around 300, which is still pretty horrible. 

And yeah we pretty much are free kills to anyone with a good connection in pvp. Fun times?

I'd like to use WTFast but I hear you can get banned for it?

Australians have been asking for an Australian server in every game since like, forever. 
NcSoft NA doesn't have power like that, they would have to get the approval from the main branch, NCSoft Korea. Which for whatever reason doesn't care or can't. People have been asking for servers over there on Aion since it came out like 6 or 7 years ago, nothing. 

Know why us Australians ask for an Aussie server for 'literally every game'?

500ms, 190 with WTFast, coming from NSW, Aus. Granted 500ms is actually pretty high even by our standards, but that's why I get connecting directly to this game. If Americans had a ping of 190ms the forums would be flooded with so many tears like the damn world had ended. 

You try have every decent game come out with a latency like that and be told to 'just stop complaining'.

I would just love an MMO to be hosted in Australia. I know it realistically won't ever happen but just to see the reaction for all the American players who will literally be unable to comprehend having a ping of over 50, while we've been playing on 200+ for the last decade and then some.

Tip: The world doesn't revolve around America. There are in-fact other players on this planet.

25 minutes ago, Trilltko said:

I've just emigrated to BnS from World of Warcraft, where I was a Gladiator (2700+) rated player in arena. WoW has gone to shit so I'm looking for a new arena-based PvP MMO to fill the void.

There's just one problem: I'm from Australia and can't compete with people who have 30-50 ping when I have 270.

It's virtually doubling my effective reaction time to everything, it's hard enough to counter random NPC abilities, let alone actual players due to the lag.

The only way that I was able to play WoW at a seriously competitive level was once they finally introduced Australian based servers, which lowered my ping from 180 to 20, making my quality of life 100x better.

I know there have already been petitions with 10000+ signatures and dozens of threads on the forums but maybe this one will make a difference. I can feel the difference in damage that I do in dungeons compared to someone who obviously has lower ping, I simply can't get my skills off as fast as they can, I'd say that I easily do 30 - 50% less damage than someone who is local to the server, plus a lot of the combos are simply impossible due to having tight activation windows that I'm unable to meet thanks to the lag and global cooldown on abilities.

Please NCSoft, give us Australian servers. There is a strong playerbase over here, but we're being crippled by the lag and it's making the game extremely unenjoyable.

Even on the Taiwanese servers we get at least 100 ping on a good day, usually closer to 150; which is still a massive disadvantage.

This is the big problem this game has. It is not made for people over the world to play it, it is just for local people.

1 hour ago, Libertherme said:

Know why us Australians ask for an Aussie server for 'literally every game'?

500ms, 190 with WTFast, coming from NSW, Aus. Granted 500ms is actually pretty high even by our standards, but that's why I get connecting directly to this game. If Americans had a ping of 190ms the forums would be flooded with so many tears like the damn world had ended. 

You try have every decent game come out with a latency like that and be told to 'just stop complaining'.

I would just love an MMO to be hosted in Australia. I know it realistically won't ever happen but just to see the reaction for all the American players who will literally be unable to comprehend having a ping of over 50, while we've been playing on 200+ for the last decade and then some.

Tip: The world doesn't revolve around America. There are in-fact other players on this planet.

But i am totally sure no good game will ever be hosted in this shit country i live (i am not from austalia).

5 minutes ago, Sylla said:

This is the big problem this game has. It is not made for people over the world to play it, it is just for local people.

Americans thinking the world was intended for Americans...

It is hosted in America. Get your head out of your ***.

Yes please, already signed the petition but want to keep the requests visible. They wouldn't have to hire support staff in Oz or anything, just copy what Blizzard did, spin up a server in one of the Australian datacenters and manage it like any other server (I'm betting most people won't even mind that maintenance is kept to the NA schedule).

23 minutes ago, Trilltko said:

I'd like to use WTFast but I hear you can get banned for it?

GMs have already stated that it's OK to use it.

Just now, Daemoroth said:

GMs have already stated that it's OK to use it.

Yeah but the chances of a false positive ban are pretty high due to the way the VPN works. They won't ban you explicitly for using it, but you can get banned unintentionally as you'll be picked up as a bot. If you're happy with that risk (they should un-ban you) then I'd say go for it. 

I enjoy this game a tonne, it's great and the combat is amazing...

But it is incredibly depressing to watch other people around you playing a totally different game.

Playing a blade master, I was having fun with another blade master. We both had different talent builds, on a specific skill in particular, flicker, I had the attack speed talent (which nearly doubles the speed of the skill) and he didn't.

Despite this, with no animation cancels or other tricks, he was attacking significantly faster than me... The person who should be almost half as fast as I was, was bringing that around almost full circle in the opposite direction, beating my speed instead.

Just to note, my ping isn't even that bad compared to most people, I play on 185~ ping, which by Oceanic standards is actually GOOD ping. The fact that our good is 1/4 of most of almost everyone else is just sad.

It's really fun to play this game, but it's a lot less fun when the game you're playing isn't the one everyone else is playing.

Who knows what may happen in the future... i really really hope there are improvements as i enjoy this game a lot.

The biggest annoyance to me is the Arena because of the dailies, sure we aren't forced to do them but they have some nice rewards.

And when zen beans happen we will be at another disadvantage.

I wish they could do something to matchmaking in arena if possible to make it so your facing opponents from the

same geographic or similar ping "i have no idea if its possible"

So i could at least maybe win 1 in every 3 matches instead of 1 in 10 :D and cut down the time it takes to do the dailies.

i average 270 ping, its really hard to use abilities when i need to... i can see the button on the screen registering yet nothing happens most times, i can't use trinkets to escape 75%

of the time because it registers too late. Often i can't even hit a stunned target... they are STUNNED...still,unmoving,motionless....yet i can't hit them because of lag and the character i see on my screen is not where they actually are...I trip people and they fall over and teleport several feet away and i have to run over to them to try and hit them before they get up....if i use an ability that turns me around fast my awsd movement directions are sometimes reversed for a second and i move the opposite way i want too.

My damage sucks because i attack so slowly...I rubberband occasionally "have fell to my death several times because of this one..." or i just stop gliding for no reason...

Getting a win is nigh impossible unless your opponent has a similar latency

I've even tried dong the arena when i think everyone except might be sleeping......doesn't help, some players just never sleep i guess haha

These are just a few issues you get with higher latency, being 30 and from Australia i am used to it, lag comes with every game i want to enjoy.....

But the arena is really starting to get to me. Its just so much torture to endure for the daily rewards

OCE servers would be amazing, i have signed the petitions etc i don't think it will ever happen, i also enjoy playing with people from around the globe

Its one the best things about online games, its also a good break from all the "Straya!!" wank that comes outa kids these days. Seriously

get a better dream than to be in an episode of "houso's"

For once it would be nice to be heard and and have a game company to go "well lets see what we can do" just to be acknowledged and have a few minor

things changed to help us out would be tops

Soz for massive rant/wall of text...

Archived