Sign in to follow this  
Xiuyu

How is Blade Master?

Xiuyu   

I've got to level 10 with Blade Master and it's very, very stiff, slow, and weak. Are all classes like this, or does it get better?

I love it. Once you hit level 20, you get some really cool and powerful abilities. Trust me, I was so disappointed at first. Now, I can actually fight and hold my own.

Xiuyu   
51 minutes ago, MarilynJeane said:

I love it. Once you hit level 20, you get some really cool and powerful abilities. Trust me, I was so disappointed at first. Now, I can actually fight and hold my own.

That's good to hear. It's becoming better as I level up. I just wonder if all classes are like this.

tankier than all classes

a lot of dps

good AoE

best pvp at lv 45

best mobbers

shits on summoners and force masters

im a kung fu master and force master main

still having trouble beating assassins and blade masters

Edited by Doublelift

2 minutes ago, Xiuyu said:

That's good to hear. It's becoming better as I level up. I just wonder if all classes are like this.

I used to get so angry and frustrated. My friends would play other classes, and they're all having a blast and I would always notice that I am taking the most damage on the team. I had to rethink how I play, and my combat style. What really gets me is when you use block. When you upgrade your block ability to whatever the upgrade is - while it's amazing because you do a lot of damage to an enemy, you also lose the ability to block EVERYthing. You don't have that 4 second block, you have a "you better hope you timed this right" block. Don't get me wrong, it's very nice upgraded, but if you don't time it properly, you'll block 1 hit and take 3. I'm currently level 27, and I don't feel the need anymore to restart my character, it does get better :)

Teffy   

I never played BM and i'm doing every damn instance so far(level 30) solo without problem.Instances which on my main(FM) I had to put all my game experience into to beat on bm is just like walking in the park...

And BM DMG is insane...2k on l vl 30 with some skills and on top of that nearly every damn skill is aoe....I just grab half the instance and kill aoe them to death.And Lightining slash is OP as heck.

At Taiwan only BM could solo nightmare before they fixed one bug.Just no other class could do.And yeti only kfm and BM from what I have seen,but is dificult for KFM.

BM Have one of the highest bursts(or had).

Edited by Teffy

I am also curious about the condition of blademaster as I'm installing and waiting for the patch to finish (.. barely 50% of 8.5 gigs) so I probably won't be on for another 2 hours.
I'm also more interested in the PvP aspect of the game and would like to know if I have to grind hours and hours of PvE to play Arena?
Jin Blademaster or Gon Destroyer seems to be my first picks just based off of what I've found online about this game and youtube videos.

Teffy   

Just get to 45 for all the skill points and you can go pvp.You can keep your training lvl 1 weapon to pvp in arena with and you don't need anything else equipped to pvp there.Just weapon and thats it.Could be on 0 durabillity too. And I'm not joking.

For no lifers it take 14-15h to hit 45.IF you more casual make it few days just.

BTW atm arena is just for prestige as we earn no reward from it but it will change at 10th of the second.

Edited by Teffy

1 minute ago, Teffy said:

Just get to 45 for all the skill points and you can go pvp.You can keep your training lvl 1 weapon to pvp in arena with and you don't need anything else equipped to pvp there.Just weapon and thats it.Could be on 0 durabillity too. And I'm not joking.

For no lifers it take 14-15h to hit 45.IF you more casual make it few days just.

BTW atm arena is just for prestige as we earn no reward from it but it will change at 10th of the second.

So... I am going to have to PvE for a few days to play arena and expect decent outcome?  How are weapons obtained as I'm sure they make a difference since you said weapon is the only thing that matters in arena here

Teffy   

I mean you need to equip any weapon it doesn't affect you otherwise.You can go without costume naked without soul shield and just with your training weapon in hand and if you are good at your class you can to very high ELO just with that.

I suggested you to go at 45 because arena is normalized but skill points to enchant skills matter.Otherwise you can start arena at lvl 15.

As about weapon...you get from story quest weapon at lvl 3 and keep upgrading it untill late 50 and meantime there will be just an legendary weapon that affect open world pvp and pve.But its too expensive for most anyway.

Accessories same - you get them from quest and keep upgrading.

No armor like boots,shoes etc.Just soul shield with is like puzzle(8 pieces)that give you stats.

Edited by Teffy

Teffy   

I'm just pointing it out ,so you get the idea that you don't have to spend months farming to be able to pvp(Aion,L2,WOW,etc every damn game out there).

In fact you can make fortune at this patch from playing arena(farming beans and exchanging them for soulstone pouches).

Edited by Teffy

I'm just pointing it out ,so you get the idea that you don't have to spend months farming to be able to pvp(Aion,L2,WOW,etc every damn game out there).

In fact you can make fortune at this patch from playing arena(farming beans and exchanging them for soulstone pouches).

unfortunately i have no idea what any of that means.  as i said i've only watched a few videos on youtube and started downloading the game 2 hours ago and have another 58min left on it.  i'm in USEast so I'm assuming i'll be playing on NA and it says Taywong and Onmyung are the NA servers.  Is one better than the other?  I'm just ready to jump in and immerse myself because I can't find a game worth playing that  I don't get tired of within the first 2 hours..

Teffy   

Every class has some kind of counter.That being said it doesn't mean you must be god to beat the lamest person playing your anti class,but just abit more dificult.

As FM sins for me are the most annoying(I have BM Alt) but unlike the person up there poiting out that BM eat FM's for breakfast,Imma tell you the truth.FM have all the tools to counter BM but the class is just a bit more complicated(it have tools against every class,but not strong on anything :D ).

However BM is very cool in both pvp and pve.

By beans i mean thats the thing you get for particapating in arena.The higher rank you are - the more you get.Then you can exchange them for material that is needed for everything and sell like hot bread :D

This two servers are the newest and have less queue.The old servers,especially the one from headstart are full and have looong queue.

Edited by Teffy

Every class has some kind of counter.That being said it doesn't mean you must be god to beat the lamest person playing your anti class,but just abit more dificult.

As FM sins for me are the most annoying(I have BM Alt) but unlike the person up there poiting out that BM eat FM's for breakfast,Imma tell you the truth.FM have all the tools to counter BM but the class is just a bit more complicated(it have tools against every class,but not strong on anything :D ).

However BM is very cool in both pvp and pve.

By beans i mean thats the thing you get for particapating in arena.The higher rank you are - the more you get.Then you can exchange them for material that is needed for everything and sell like hot bread :D

Perhaps I can add you in game and you could keep providing me with knowledge as I go along if I can't figure it out on my own whilst playing.
But, I am still stuck between deciding if the server matters or not.  I'd like to play on one that isn't laggy but I'm sure that's all of them since this is a free game (generally) and the servers aren't the best (from what i here) but based off names I'd rather play on Omnyung ~~ sounds cooler.  But if Taywong is more popular then it's more logical to play there.  Just sounds so much like Taiwan and that's weird

Teffy   

You can always pm here but I'm european player in eu server :) And the reason why I'm here at this hour(3:51am) is because for some reason I can't sleep.

I must be being trolled... I spent 2 hours creating my character and now I can't find a name for him that isn't taken.. jesus balls

my thoughts are they are like a mix between destroyer and assassin. So in other words, really cool

Edited by echoeagle3