NCWest, what is going on?

IEDevice

Alright, before I get started, if you are a new game launch apologist, leave. Gone? Good, then the rest of us can stay here.

I've been playing BnS for as long as it was first announced in Korea, I moved from server to server, Korean, China then Japan. (Language barriers got the better of me) 

I turned on the game today to have fun, to hang out and chill with my friends. But what I got was constant disconnects, to the point where I can't even do a dungeon properly.

(You guys fixed that, so okay, good job! But that's not it.)

Next, after sometime, we had the wardrobe and friend-list poop storm, and it's still not fixed!

After that, I couldn't buy NCoins for some reason. I sent in a support ticket, the guy said that I used a risk transaction system. "Risk" being their webpage paypal and credit card portal. So, I guess they don't want my money.

Now, we have people complaining about being banned for no apparent reason, and LOTS of them! Now I'm scared to login because I'm afraid I might receive a ban as well!

C'mon NCWest, I believe you can do better. Much better! But you guys keep testing our patience. Not to mention that some of us have spent $125 to buy the founders pack to support you guys!

Can't be surprised. Sucks to say, but their teams are not put together or informed well. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like they just depend on one or two people that know what they are doing to give them answers to the questions... 

I think a predominance of the employees are just college grads at entry level.

3 minutes ago, Glint said:

Can't be surprised. Sucks to say, but their teams are not put together or informed well. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like they just depend on one or two people that know what they are doing to give them answers to the questions... 

If all they rely on is just basic java knowledge and algorithms that run in O(n^2),  I see no future for BnS here.

7 minutes ago, Glint said:

Well one way or another, like any job out there, at least they'll gain some experience knowing that supporting a community is more than just loving a video game:

It's about serving and providing the best customer service to your consumers.

18 minutes ago, Banzatou said:

Well one way or another, like any job out there, at least they'll gain some experience knowing that supporting a community is more than just loving a video game:

It's about serving and providing the best customer service to your consumers.

Not NA.

I gotta admit, if i got randomly banned i'd just post my ultimatum "fix it or my money goes elsewhere" and stick to it. There have been new fixes and issues every few days this launch week so unless something drastic happens, I'm not too worried yet. I think it's a bit early for people to be losing their minds like they are.

1 minute ago, Infamousxiii said:

I gotta admit, if i got randomly banned i'd just post my ultimatum "fix it or my money goes elsewhere" and stick to it. There have been new fixes and issues every few days this launch week so unless something drastic happens, I'm not too worried yet. I think it's a bit early for people to be losing their minds like they are.

Oh I'm not losing my mind, I'm just sharing a point of view from a long-time player/fan,

I've seen you going around forums calling people "cheap" scrubs for complaining about $10 in costumes. Why not read the full post, I'm not crying, I'm simply offering some opinions.

You don't see me going around saying: "HOLY SMOKES THIS GAME SUCKS ASS BECAUSE THE SUPPORT IS TERRIBLE". No, BnS is a good MMO! I firmly stand my ground there. But you sir, need to read a bit more carefully.

No insults were intended here, if I offended you, sorry. 

1 hour ago, IEDevice said:

Alright, before I get started, if you are a new game launch apologist, leave. Gone? Good, then the rest of us can stay here.

I've been playing BnS for as long as it was first announced in Korea, I moved from server to server, Korean, China then Japan. (Language barriers got the better of me) 

I turned on the game today to have fun, to hang out and chill with my friends. But what I got was constant disconnects, to the point where I can't even do a dungeon properly.

(You guys fixed that, so okay, good job! But that's not it.)

Next, after sometime, we had the wardrobe and friend-list poop storm, and it's still not fixed!

After that, I couldn't buy NCoins for some reason. I sent in a support ticket, the guy said that I used a risk transaction system. "Risk" being their webpage paypal and credit card portal. So, I guess they don't want my money.

Now, we have people complaining about being banned for no apparent reason, and LOTS of them! Now I'm scared to login because I'm afraid I might receive a ban as well!

C'mon NCWest, I believe you can do better. Much better! But you guys keep testing our patience. Not to mention that some of us have spent $125 to buy the founders pack to support you guys!

1. Seems like you have a crappy Internet connection.

2. The friends list/wardrobe problem has been going on what a few hours? I think we will survive.

3. Paypal is probably blocking your transaction based on your IP or something else out of Ncsoft's control.

4. A few accidental bans happen in all online games even ones that have been out for years.

2 minutes ago, GreenDestiny said:

1. Seems like you have a crappy Internet connection.

2. The friends list/wardrobe problem has been going on what a few hours? I think we will survive.

3. Paypal is probably blocking your transaction based on your IP or something else out of Ncsoft's control.

4. A few accidental bans happen in all online games even ones that have been out for years.

I don't think you've understood me completely, but I do believe I made it clear that the support said that my transactions were blocked by THEIR system. Not Paypal's. Sorry for the confusion.

But yes, I do agree, we will live.

4 minutes ago, IEDevice said:

I've seen you going around forums calling people "cheap" scrubs for complaining about $10 in costumes. Why not read the full post, I'm not crying, I'm simply offering some opinions.

You don't see me going around saying: "HOLY SMOKES THIS GAME SUCKS ASS BECAUSE THE SUPPORT IS TERRIBLE". No, BnS is a good MMO! I firmly stand my ground there. But you sir, need to read a bit more carefully.

No insults were intended here, if I offended you, sorry. 

Don't apologize to that douche.

I had to get off today because it was pointless in playing. Every other day has been fine minus queue issues and the usual spambots ect ect. Today though my skills have a second delay and the game just feels unplayable on my kfm. Yes some people can deal with that but to me it ruins it.

Also yes I checked my connection and all that jazz to make sure it wasn't on my end at the time. Something is going on with the servers today.

Friend played WOW and got perma banned for naming hes white bear pet white power....and he name it like this because is...white....

Beside log in server being a true b1tch I had no issue whatsoever today.

The spam bots are annoying.

The should atleast limit f2p accounts to spam in global chat once per minute or two.No limit for premium.

1 hour ago, IEDevice said:

Not surprising, Lots of F2P MMO's I've seen have had to put severe restrictions on their online CC purchases in order to reduce fraud/laundering.  If you want a "no risk" option, buy a card at gamestop or whatever.  (Some games I've seen that's the *only* option)

(IIRC, back when I played Runes of Magic they had to introduce a 2nd form of cash currency with severe limits that you got via CC purchases.  (that after 30 days converted to the normal cash currency). because they had so many cases of alleged fraud.)

Archived