For the love of Mushin. Make the Costumes tradable or account bound.

Koopsy

9 minutes ago, Dowra said:

This logic is all over the place.

Im still buying outfits on a game I play casually, while, on here, a game I love, I havent brought a single cosmetic.   This system is user hostile.  Its impossible for me to speak for everyone, but, impluse buys usually only act once.  They see an outfit they want, and they have to have it.  They arent going to do it 3times in a row.  Collectors want to buy an outfit, and move on to the next one. No buy the same thing all over again. 

The only thing they risk losing is player interest. I havent even bother looking at the shop's gacha outfit because I know Im not getting it.  There will be users who are okay with this system sure. But, trust me when I say the saying is true: You catch more flies with honey.

you arent wrong about the logic being all over the place, but im simply trying to explain the logic that NCsoft is possibly basing off of, not justifying it.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/2/2016 at 2:37 AM, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Earned? you jest right? I would barely call a lot of the farming you have to do (especially if your unlucky) "earned". If anything it turns into busy work that is made worse by the fact that if you happen to get another copy of an outfit while looking for something else, you can't do squat with it. From a business standpoint I can completely see why one would make the shop clothes bound to one character. To get one to buy another copy but in game? I'm not seeing it in the least. I can think of reasons why but they are flimsy at best~

Wait, what? I'm against cash shop outfits being on only one character. Why was that thrown in there? As for all the other outfits, yes it's earned. Even if you think it's a grind which, is not far off, but grinding to get an outfit is still earning to get it. It's rare to get more than one outfit anyways unless you sit at a wheel for 2 days trying to get all the pieces for it. That's the only time so far that I have ran into duplicates of an outfits. What they should do though, the outfits that require you to run dungeons or maybe Starling, any of the harder ones if you get duplicates to be able to salvage them since as of now, the only salvageable ones are cash shop outfits. Anyways, asking to be able to trade outfits that you can earn, work for, whatever floats your boat to be trade able to other characters is down right stupid and greedy. If they do end up doing anything remotely close would be making you charge money for a one time swap to a  different character, that will never be  for free but the cash shop outfits should be which they won't end up being.

On 2/5/2016 at 7:10 PM, KonnoYuki said:

again money grubbing make it an ingame consumable that costs 10-50 gold ......

50g my sweet fluffy ass >_>

On 2/5/2016 at 8:15 PM, Ziloh said:

thinking player base must be really desperate to just throw money away like this to some greedy company who keeps showing their teeth.

Already enough folks throwing money at em from what I could see. So I could entirely see why they could think as such~

21 hours ago, Drumax said:

I disagree on number 1. Anything that NC gave us in the founders pack shouldn't be added to or taken away from them whenever they want. It's not going to happen & it wouldn't be fair for everyone else. 2. Premium members should get a discount sure, that's about as far as Premium would probably go.

Pretty much this~people didn't get the founders crud cause many thought the founders packs weren't worth the price. They should NOT start adding things to it now. 

7 hours ago, Meiling said:

Wait, what? I'm against cash shop outfits being on only one character. Why was that thrown in there? As for all the other outfits, yes it's earned. Even if you think it's a grind which, is not far off, but grinding to get an outfit is still earning to get it. It's rare to get more than one outfit anyways unless you sit at a wheel for 2 days trying to get all the pieces for it. That's the only time so far that I have ran into duplicates of an outfits. What they should do though, the outfits that require you to run dungeons or maybe Starling, any of the harder ones if you get duplicates to be able to salvage them since as of now, the only salvageable ones are cash shop outfits. Anyways, asking to be able to trade outfits that you can earn, work for, whatever floats your boat to be trade able to other characters is down right stupid and greedy. If they do end up doing anything remotely close would be making you charge money for a one time swap to a  different character, that will never be  for free but the cash shop outfits should be which they won't end up being.

I brought the cash shop up because from a business standpoint that actually benefits ncsoft. That makes sense and one could see why it would be kept in while what I was speaking on does absolutely nothing for them not to have it in or out so no harm would be done. I was neither saying you were with it nor against it. Also rare for you maybe and others but far from it for everyone because even I with the crummiest luck with RNGesuz no matter how many goats and players I sacrifice to em and i'm popping extras in less then a few hrs time.

Also how is asking for something like that "stupid" or "greedy" exactly? What does it hurt at ALL? it does nothing for ncsoft financially since if you weren't going to buy their outfit at the lower lvls, your surely not going to buy them at later lvls when different methods to get many a outfit open up. If we are going to start calling anything stupid here then that would go to your reasoning of being against it is because it's "earned" in your eyes. Which still holds about as much water as a inside out bowl because if I can "earn" it on one character then yeaaa....I "EARNED" IT! Not to mention you have absolutely NO idea how a person got a hold of some costumes. Did they solo? did they run with mates who carried? did they do terrible but just have extra gold to throw over at the broke peasants who did all the work? Did they put in legit finger work? Your sense of "earned" is your own and has barely ANY weight outside of yourself while wasted time and space is something many people can relate to.  Also it would be greedy if I was asking for cash shop among other things. BUT! do me a favor and take a look at my posts yea? I have YET to ask for cash shop items nor anything else. I entered this directly to throw "in game costumes" out there to be seen so that "greedy" part also holds as much water as a upside down triangle.

Just be real and say what you mean cause this whole "earned" thing is flimsy as a wet noodle. Do you want to be a snowflake? do you dislike seeing mid to endgame costumes on lower characters? I mean if you really believe in that whole "earned" thing then fine all good. But if your going to try to call my reasoning out like that at least have some weight with yours. 

• 4 weeks later...

YOU KNOW WHAT NCSOFT, I WANT TO BUY ALL THE *cricket* COSTUME IN HM STORE INCLUDE 1FKING YEAR SLIVER DRAGON. BUT I CAN'T!!!, BECAUSE FKING CHARACTER BOUND COSTUME PERIOD!! >;C MAKE IT HAPPEN AS FAST AS POSSIBLE OR NO MORE BUYING COSTUME!!!!! >:C >;C

On 28/1/2559 at 5:04 PM, Rukkirii said:

We will be adding an item that will allow you to trade Hongmoon Store costumes to another character on your account. See the below statement from January 23.

@Rukkirii

So basically you people are gonna make us purchase an item in order to be able to trade to another toon on the account an already purchased item? And consumable means a one-time use as well. That's literally the most absurd decision I ever heard in an MMORPG. I understand each company is trying to squeeze as much money out of a game before it dies (which seems fairly soon for this game) but that's just ridiculous. I really hope no one will be stupid enough to buy this thing. Makes me sad for waiting for over 3 years for this release on EU/NA and supporting your company by actually paying for your game.

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 1:23 AM, LadyLuxuria said:

I would rather keep my money to myself and find another game to play. There is a difference betwen profiting on player vanity and selling convenience items to just outright robbing your player base. It's a fine line to walk, and it's a difficult one. But I feel like making us PAY to use things we've already bought on other characters crosses that line. it's bad enough we have to buy past 2 character slots.

this could be a gold-bought item for all that is to know from what is stated... Asian MMOs are generally created for people who main a single character and never move, which is why the base game (KR) doesn't have any feature to allow the transfer of costumes tbh.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 2:15 AM, Ziloh said:

Oh this is just lovely! as if it wasn't bad enough already they gave us half the game by cutting content and classes. It sounds as if they want to just suck all the money dry out of their customers with all these poor decisions, thinking player base must be really desperate to just throw money away like this to some greedy company who keeps showing their teeth. As if the farming wasn't bad enough already and now we get to pay to get something we paid before, suuure... makes sense! AND its just been what, a month? GET IT RIGHT! this is a "NA/EU" release, prepare and act accordingly.

This is why your games always fail, but you still got time to make it right.

half a game?.. no lawl, the new clases are with future expansions... we're not on KRs Patch, we're behind it, theres a huge difference between "cutting content and Classes" and not reaching it yet, NCSOft for whatever reason have been forced to NOT Release this game Instantly on KRs Level.

all of my costumes on Gw2 work on any of my characters without paying extra lol. As long as the toons are same account whatever you purchase shows up on all the toons wardrobe because just like the bank it's all shared within the account. Some items are character bound but most can be used for all toons on that account. I don't really understand why that's a issue to implement in BnS.  I would not mind paying a one time fee to open up shared wardrobe option but to pay over and over that's just silly.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow just wow,,, Capitalism lvl 9000 NC pls ... Tell me earning off west servers 10times more then East isnt enough??
Lets recap; Premium membershit =U get noting valuable exept 90 Market slots thats still bad coz u cant profit even with 50% fee discout Coz fee is still huge...in tera u dont pay fees with premium and u get so much more perks that are valuable and save you ingame time...
2nd. U need to level up premium ..Spend 300$ if not more to hit 10rank. And all rank perks bellow 10th rank i wouldnt even call Premium membershit perks.
15$ for single outfit ,Rly? Ok then,its Capitalism era w/e i can look over it ,but its binded on 1character?RLY?! (what about Us that play multiple Toons?)So ppl complain about this and u come up with even more DISGUSTING idea(to sell unbind vaucher) Lel..There are 160 outfits in wardrobe *(lets roughly say 60 are only obtainable via Real money)There are over 40k players Eu( idk how many servers/players are there for NA).If it was account binded every player would buy it (some via gold -but thats still U profiting on ones that pay) 40k x15$ =600k $  on single outfit And thats still not enough for y? +U could actualy make 10 outfits a month ,u could even use players and open tender to make outfits then chose 2-3 players and pay them smthing funny like 300$ for design (there would be alot of players interested in this not for money but fame/or w/e . like they do in tera) So theres ur 1mil profit for 300$ ..ANd u still want more?! 
The way i see it u want to do apsolutly nothing and get everything ( u want to make infinate $$$ profit on ur 60 Outfit pool)..giving 20 outfits on shop is alrdy manipulating and ensuring that every outfit is bought so with this tactics u could still make millions... but ur cancerous capitalism and greed is just overhelming.. Fak the reason right?

If u keep this up Ppl will soon leave..There are alrdy so many haters including myself (the reason im here whining is just cause i like game style)that doesnt mean il/we`l stick with ur bullshit for long.

Put  fullstop on ur cancer pls. (and fix ur servers pls..)

Im sorry for these mods having to deal with all these hates and insults on their employers behalf,But dont blame us its just begining to be too much cancerous.

Like this Note infinetly if u want to see what mods think/say about this.

We want u (Mods) to contact ur superiors about This!!
ACCOUNT BINDED OUTFITS(the purchaged ones) for ALL!! JUSTICE!

Heck even Tera has the Account bank feature, almost makes me wanna play it again if it wasnt because of the rng boxes and the hideous looking elyn

I hope the item that lets you move the outfits can be purchased with Hongmoon coins

ALSO for me it just looks like they wanna try the outfit trading with a more american aproach

250px-Backpack_Gift_Wrap.png?t=201104250

Tera game style is kind of shit,my head hurts just by remembering time i spent on it. But Enmase deserves every medal as a company .They profit much yet i felt nothing ,theyr responsable .i just dont knowe where to start or end Boasting them.. Game forge was shit yet i find them as honorable company compared to western Nc branch

10 minutes ago, CapitalisticNcGaveMeCancer said:

Tera game style is kind of shit,my head hurts just by remembering time i spent on it. But Enmase deserves every medal as a company .They profit much yet i felt nothing ,theyr responsable .i just dont knowe where to start or end Boasting them.. Game forge was shit yet i find them as honorable company compared to western Nc branch

The shitty patcher aside, at least on GameForge, some tech admin could respond to your problems in no time flat. Do you see anyone here? So much for the "hooray we got 2 millions players at launch" jubillee phase from the NCsoft. 

The GW2 system for cosmetics has been amongst the better ones I've run into, and I've made several spur of the moment purchases of costumes from their store. B&S on the other hand is on the other side of the spectrum, really questionable decisions in the design of it. There is no way I'm buying a single costume at the current prices if they're not account-wide. And no I don't mean account-wide as in mailable for an extortionate fee. 

I'll gladly buy several costumes for my account, I will not however spend the same amount just to get the same costume look on my different chars.

Archived