For the love of Mushin. Make the Costumes tradable or account bound.

Koopsy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/28/2016 at 2:36 PM, Meiling said:

To be honest, I don't think any of the outfits outside of the cash shop should be trade able between characters. Those should be earned, even the blackwyrm and I have it on my KFM.

Earned? you jest right? I would barely call a lot of the farming you have to do (especially if your unlucky) "earned". If anything it turns into busy work that is made worse by the fact that if you happen to get another copy of an outfit while looking for something else, you can't do squat with it. From a business standpoint I can completely see why one would make the shop clothes bound to one character. To get one to buy another copy but in game? I'm not seeing it in the least. I can think of reasons why but they are flimsy at best~

1 hour ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Earned? you jest right? I would barely call a lot of the farming you have to do (especially if your unlucky) "earned". If anything it turns into busy work that is made worse by the fact that if you happen to get another copy of an outfit while looking for something else, you can't do squat with it. From a business standpoint I can completely see why one would make the shop clothes bound to one character. To get one to buy another copy but in game? I'm not seeing it in the least. I can think of reasons why but they are flimsy at best~

I don't think any costumes should be account bound, unless it's daily dash (because you don't put any effort into it). But I disagree that in-game non-shop costumes should be account bound. You do need to earn it. It's like a status thing and B&S is quite fashion/costume intensive. Otherwise people would just play easy classes like summoners (not hating, I play as one) and farm the hard dungeons and equip costumes to their alts. 

13 hours ago, Anna said:

I don't think any costumes should be account bound, unless it's daily dash (because you don't put any effort into it). But I disagree that in-game non-shop costumes should be account bound. You do need to earn it. It's like a status thing and B&S is quite fashion/costume intensive. Otherwise people would just play easy classes like summoners (not hating, I play as one) and farm the hard dungeons and equip costumes to their alts. 

Earn? what are you folks on? There is barely anything to earn! unless you somehow get stuck with a bad set of mates while running dungeons or something. You can very easily find a group that steamrolls a dungeon while you hang back drinking afternoon tea and if you get lucky, find that costume and then it just depends on who can throw the most money at it. Who cares what class they use to do it? If they got it on that character then by you guys idea of "earned" they earned it no? So why would it really matter besides so folks apparently can feel special because they managed to get it? adding to even if they cheese with another character they still have it so it still defeats the whole "status" thing. Add to that, that if the costumes aren't tradable between players then obviously they have the "status" to get it to begin with. So i'm still not really seeing it.

But what I can see is running something like that mirage daily for the fit, getting a copy of a part you already have and it just sitting there to rot. Not tradable, not passable, and you cant break it down so it turns into a very time invested piece of bag clutter. I mean I can drum up a few instances of issues that arise while trying to farm for something, getting a copy of it and it rotting but the best you got is "status" and "earned"? Come on now~

On 1/28/2016 at 8:04 PM, Rukkirii said:

We will be adding an item that will allow you to trade Hongmoon Store costumes to another character on your account. See the below statement from January 23.

For premium users, just make the store section of the wardrobe (AKA the ones that can only be purchased) shareable on the account.  

If a character 1 on the account is wearing Pioneer and I want character 2 to wear it, then I would have to unequip it from character 1 and place in wardrobe for all characters on the account to access.

On 1/28/2016 at 8:04 PM, Rukkirii said:

We will be adding an item that will allow you to trade Hongmoon Store costumes to another character on your account. See the below statement from January 23.

In case you guys are wondering why it's a purchasable item, the only answer could be... Anti bot farming. Plus these items are usually relatively cheap around $1-$5 (sometimes around the $10 range)

21 hours ago, Axciel said:

if it becomes tradable bots make even more money dumbass :)

Do you understand the concept of account bound dumbass? :)

12 hours ago, Darkwingz said:

In case you guys are wondering why it's a purchasable item, the only answer could be... Anti bot farming. Plus these items are usually relatively cheap around $1-$5 (sometimes around the $10 range)

Account bound costumes won't help bot-farming much... As in, at all. And being able to BUY another item to move the item you already BOUGHT to another character ON YOUR ACCOUNT is no different to just making the BOUGHT costume (For which they already received money) account bound, except that they're double-dipping and adds a negative to purchasing a costume (What happens whey they bring out the Warlock/Soul Fighter and you want to switch mains? You think it's going to be a nice experience forking out money not for any kind of item, but just the ability to mail that item to your new main?.

As I mentioned before, this is one of the major reasons I haven't bought any more costumes. There's about four/five that I really want, but I'm not buying something that just creates a new way to pay if I want to move it around.

1 hour ago, Daemoroth said:

Do you understand the concept of account bound dumbass? :)

Account bound costumes won't help bot-farming much... As in, at all. And being able to BUY another item to move the item you already BOUGHT to another character ON YOUR ACCOUNT is no different to just making the BOUGHT costume (For which they already received money) account bound, except that they're double-dipping and adds a negative to purchasing a costume (What happens whey they bring out the Warlock/Soul Fighter and you want to switch mains? You think it's going to be a nice experience forking out money not for any kind of item, but just the ability to mail that item to your new main?.

As I mentioned before, this is one of the major reasons I haven't bought any more costumes. There's about four/five that I really want, but I'm not buying something that just creates a new way to pay if I want to move it around.

Personally, I buy outfits to match my characters and never really see a need to switch them around. With all the options we have in character customization, sometimes a new look feels and looks better. 

8 minutes ago, Darkwingz said:

Personally, I buy outfits to match my characters and never really see a need to switch them around. With all the options we have in character customization, sometimes a new look feels and looks better. 

I mostly agree, which is why I don't think making them account bound would *hurt*.  Making them account bound won't reduce the amount I purchase.  I'll still purchase whichever outfit looks good on a particular character.

Primary reason I want accountwide outfits is holiday outfits like the x-mas ones.  It's hard enough to rationalize paying the same price for an outfit I'll only wear for ~3 weeks.  Harder still if it's character bound, and I'll only be "really" wearing it only 1/5th of those days.

When people are deleting characters to find the class that suits them, it makes it pretty hard to invest money on clothing items that arent even account traceable, Im just sayin.   Making it some stupidly high price to do so isnt helping the situation. If youre insisting we pay to use something we already brought, at least dont insult us by making it more than a dollar.

1 minute ago, Dowra said:

When people are deleting characters to find the class that suits them, it makes it pretty hard to invest money on clothing items that arent even account traceable, Im just sayin.   Making it some stupidly high price to do so isnt helping the situation. If youre insisting we pay to use something we already brought, at least dont insult us by making it more than a dollar.

If you aren't comfortable with a class, no one says that you have to buy a costume for them anyways. Boss wheels drop some good ones.

2 minutes ago, Darkwingz said:

If you aren't comfortable with a class, no one says that you have to buy a costume for them anyways. Boss wheels drop some good ones.

Yeah thats the point. Im not spending money on the game, because of their nontradeable system.

I'm really spoiled by FFXIV's alt-friendly system and the wardrobe system of GW2... I don't think B&S will create the right solution for this although I really hope for it. They mentioned something about a potion (consumable) to make your outfit transferable, which is definitely the wrong solution to share outfits between alts.

4 hours ago, Darkwingz said:

Ignoring the fact that your initial issue was that account-bound items could somehow cause botting, how would account-bound costumes affect you personally? So, you buy outfits to match your characters, great, works for you. Making them account-bound wouldn't affect you in the slightest, since you just won't trade them. You'll still buy Costume A for one character, B for another, etc. NCSoft gets paid.

As for other players, character-bound costumes, and requiring further payment to transfer (Their proposed "solution") prevent us from buying any costumes at all (Terrible value-proposition for us, personally). Which means that instead of buying costumes A through D ($$$ for NCSoft), we buy only A, or none (Sad NCSoft).

21 hours ago, Daemoroth said:

Ignoring the fact that your initial issue was that account-bound items could somehow cause botting, how would account-bound costumes affect you personally? So, you buy outfits to match your characters, great, works for you. Making them account-bound wouldn't affect you in the slightest, since you just won't trade them. You'll still buy Costume A for one character, B for another, etc. NCSoft gets paid.

As for other players, character-bound costumes, and requiring further payment to transfer (Their proposed "solution") prevent us from buying any costumes at all (Terrible value-proposition for us, personally). Which means that instead of buying costumes A through D ($$$ for NCSoft), we buy only A, or none (Sad NCSoft).

If you unbind a non account bound item then that causes botting. Right now we have no account bound wardrobe system, which is why everything except cat costumes is untradeable. They said they're working on a (hopefuly cheap) Item for you to buy to unbind an item to mail it to a character on your account. I don't recall ever having a problem with that as long as the unbind item doesn't allow mailing to other players.

21 hours ago, Daemoroth said:

Unbind items don't prevent you from doing anything, they simply allow for you to spend a few weeks on a character until you decide that the outfit you bought looks better on a new main or alt. Personally, I don't buy costumes for characters without planning out their looks and thinking about how often I will use them. I can adapt to my characters as I need, which is why I buy outfits for my alts. Every person buys outfits for different reasons, there is no rule about having to buy one and they don't give you any stats unlike in other MMOs. You can clear this game and grind away to get a cool looking boss outfit without needing to spend a dime anyways, so the Hongmoon Store is entirely optional. A few gold a day from E Fleet can get you quite a few outfits from the auctions if you try.

On 28-1-2016 at 2:04 AM, Rukkirii said:

again money grubbing make it an ingame consumable that costs 10-50 gold ......

It's a common practice to provide a account-wide options for cosmetics in F2P games at an increased price. I don't think providing that option is more money grabbing than NOT giving us the option.

Of course, if the consumable makes the outfit tradeable to other characters in your account only ONCE, then it WOULD be a shameless cash-grab for whales.

On 28.1.2016 at 2:45 AM, Koopsy said:

So we can at least share between our characters ....

yes yes YES... this is one of the things that has been bugging me throughout playing this game.. at least make it so that all those costumes that you Do NOT get trough story progression could be freely traded. Like random drop costumes from chests or costumes you bid for in Dungeons (and obviously the ones that you spend insignias to get.. those should be only for that character I suppose)

Parrot Mode Engaged. Either we need to...

1) make the costumes stored in your Wardrobe account-tradable, or

2) give the option in-store to spend ever-so-slightly more money to make said costumes account-tradable. Not mail-it-once and binds-to-new-toon, just flat-out tradable account-wide and unsellable.

As it stands, there are so many costumes I want. SO MANY. Will I buy any of them? No. Why? Because buying costumes for just one toon is both a waste of my money and does little to endear me to spend more of said money. "My Female Gon looks pretty fab in this outfit! Ooo, also looks good on my Jin! Alas, I cannot mail it, and must instead spend ANOTHER $15 to get her one."

NCSoft, pls. You know this is shady. Do the right thing and listen to your playerbase for once.

Better question:  Are the "costumes" really even costumes?

Costumes are clothes.  Clothes can be transferred.  Right now, I can take off my jacket and let anybody else wear it.  These Hongmoon "costumes" cannot be transferred.  This means they are single use consumables, like a potion.  I feel that NCSoft has intentionally named these potions costumes so they can con an extra few sales from lesser informed players who think they are getting costumes.

As long as these "costumes" cannot be transferred between your own characters, we should all call them "single-use potions" to devalue and damage the Hongmoon store.

Archived