Forums

For the love of Mushin. Make the Costumes tradable or account bound.

Koopsy

This system is poop and you know it. Idgaf about the NCS heroes jumping to their defense about having to make money. Having to pay money to ship your items that you already paid money for to your other characters is bs and they know it. We all know it. There has to be a line between profit and convenience that doesn't completely shaft the customer.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tatiana said:

This is not what people want...At all...D: 

We want it to work like gw2, or any other MMO for that matter, where it's account bound, and either every character on your account that you make gets one, or through the wardrobe system...But charging us to switch ownership to another character isn't going to prove to be very popular. The problem with that is we've already paid 15 + dollars on an outfit, and then are going to have to pay AGAIN just to make the item mail-able to another character, and then have to repeat that process, paying every single time? We may as well just buy the costume over and over again. -_-

Any costumes purchased with Ncoin/Real money should be account-wide.

They won't make costumes available to every character you create since they can be salvaged for fabrics that give a chance to make another costume.

Frankly *pricing aside*, NCwest's idea is the most rational. Many people buy the costumes knowing it's for a single character; I saw plenty of players wearing the new costumes last night. They can't retro-actively change all costumes to be account-bound. They're not going to sell 2 different versions of the same costume. Some people don't want/care to buy a costume (or pay extra) that's account-bound and are happy with it only on the 1 character they play with. So best way to keep people buying costumes while also giving the option to be account-bound? Sell a consumable item that makes it account-bound.

While I really really really hope that the consumable item will make the costume permanently account-bound, I have a sinking feeling it will be "too complicated" to implement. But while we're at it, I also really really really hope it can be used for in-game costumes as well. Farming Pinchy and Nightshade is taking its toll on me and you can be damn sure I won't be farming them on my other characters. But buying a consumable to make them account-bound? Oh mah gawd yes please!!!

To be honest, I don't think any of the outfits outside of the cash shop should be trade able between characters. Those should be earned, even the blackwyrm and I have it on my KFM. Although, the shop outfits that cost 10-20$, the fact that they aren't even mail able between your own characters is stupid. All I want to see is the cash shops being like the founder outfits. That's all we really need.

11 hours ago, JubJub said:

They won't make costumes available to every character you create since they can be salvaged for fabrics that give a chance to make another costume.

Frankly *pricing aside*, NCwest's idea is the most rational. Many people buy the costumes knowing it's for a single character; I saw plenty of players wearing the new costumes last night. They can't retro-actively change all costumes to be account-bound. They're not going to sell 2 different versions of the same costume. Some people don't want/care to buy a costume (or pay extra) that's account-bound and are happy with it only on the 1 character they play with. So best way to keep people buying costumes while also giving the option to be account-bound? Sell a consumable item that makes it account-bound.

While I really really really hope that the consumable item will make the costume permanently account-bound, I have a sinking feeling it will be "too complicated" to implement. But while we're at it, I also really really really hope it can be used for in-game costumes as well. Farming Pinchy and Nightshade is taking its toll on me and you can be damn sure I won't be farming them on my other characters. But buying a consumable to make them account-bound? Oh mah gawd yes please!!!

I didn't really think about how they're salvageable so that's a good point, but that still doesn't mean the outfit couldn't be account bound as it would work the same way it does now, except you could move it around your account as you wanted. If every character got the outfit, then make it so the first claimed was the only one that's salvageable...Or maybe that's too complicated. Idk. Lol.

11 hours ago, Meiling said:

To be honest, I don't think any of the outfits outside of the cash shop should be trade able between characters. Those should be earned, even the blackwyrm and I have it on my KFM. Although, the shop outfits that cost 10-20$, the fact that they aren't even mail able between your own characters is stupid. All I want to see is the cash shops being like the founder outfits. That's all we really need.

+1 This pretty what I think as well. To buy the fashion once is expensive enough.

Paying a fee each time you want to transfer is ridiculous. Let us permanently make a store outfit account wide for a fee, and in-game dungeon drop costumes should just be account wide per default and accesible through an account-wide wardrobe, none of this mailing back and forth crap. Seriously, it's 2016, get it together NCSoft. 

On January 28, 2016 at 8:04 PM, Rukkirii said:

We will be adding an item that will allow you to trade Hongmoon Store costumes to another character on your account. See the below statement from January 23.

Well as long as this item will be a ONE TIME PURCHASE that allows us to send costumes to each character on one account an unlimited amount of times then that's fine.

PS: This means permanently account bound.

If I have to buy another item to be able to mail a costume to one of my other characters, it had better be cheap and it had better make that costume account bound rather than character bound PERMANENTLY. I might consider buying a really inexpensive item (under 50 ncoin) once, but if I have to buy it every time I want to move the outfit to a different character..... man screw that.

Better idea: add account-wide wardrobe. Even if it was only for premium members, it would be a better idea than the consumable item option (which we still don't know if it's going to be permanent or 1 time use).

16 hours ago, AngelOfAnarchy said:

Better idea: add account-wide wardrobe. Even if it was only for premium members, it would be a better idea than the consumable item option (which we still don't know if it's going to be permanent or 1 time use).

I will happily stay as premium member forever  if this option was available. 

Terrible idea to add an item to transfer outfits if you need to pay for that item too. Had to ask for a refund when I discovered that the outfits weren't account bound, and I'm not going to buy any more costumes if they think this is the solution.

I think they're greedy. Aion allows account bound and tradable costumes to other players. I've seen posts saying premium members should have it only, but I disagree. As long as someone payed for a costume, it should be allowed to be traded. Why should anyone have to buy a new item to trade?

The system in this game is flawed and selfish. 

1 minute ago, Arcann said:

other titles?actually wildstar also has one time costumes. non account bound. are you reffering to gw2? ncsoft has nothing to do with gw2 anymore. its just arenanet

Aion is one. I should correct it to another title. I haven't played the others.

Not funny, actually :\

Wardrobe only for premium users, i thought all costumes account bound, and i can to use wardrobe for each chara... But now, no any reason collect all costumes, maybe just buy 1-2 for main character, for alts - in game costumes... Also - no any reason use wardrobe, cuz i have just ~10 costumes, cuz i can delete all quest drop costumes...

Account bound better way, cuz ppl will buy all costumes, and premium status for wardrobe. One more item in cash shop for resending costumes - sucks, resend costume from one chara to other everyday? and buy this item everyday? Ppl not so stupid, bad idea for make profit... 

1 hour ago, Arcann said:

other titles?actually wildstar also has one time costumes. non account bound. are you reffering to gw2? ncsoft has nothing to do with gw2 anymore. its just arenanet

Uhm.  Wildstar's wardrobe is account wide.  And they aren't one-time either.  (Admittedly, you have to pay (in game currency, so cheap) to put an items look into your wardrobe, and you have a limited number of wardrobe slots (though said limit is pretty high if you bought the game), but still.  And NCSoft owns Arenanet, so...

On 1/28/2016 at 0:05 PM, JubJub said:

They can't retro-actively change all costumes to be account-bound.

Why not?  If it's more complicated than an entry in a database per costume piece, they're doing something wrong.  There is nothing "Dynamic" about the outfits.  Heck, odds are if they actually made an item to make 'em account bound, it would effectively (behind the scenes) be replacing the non-account bound version with a different account bound version.

All that said, I agree with many others.  If the item they're planning on simply lets you mail a character bound costume piece to a different character, it pretty much may as well not exist.  I would also argue, that however/whatever they implement, it does not work on quest outfits.  (Drop, sure.  Getting lucky on Bandit Queen on your Yun, and not being able to have your Gon wear it, would be annoying).  And for anything other than Hongmoon should only allow others on your account to use it.

Oh.  And yeah, the whole fabric salvage thing seems to put the kabosh on the idea of account wide outfits like most MMO's do.  Though considering the annoyance that is failing to transmute the outfit pouches, I wouldn't in any way mind if they just completely removed the salvage feature, and the 8 outfits that were obtained that way are just removed.  I, certainly, have no plans to ever gamble something like $60 for a chance at an pouch, that even if I get has maybe a 25% chance at any particular outfit.  So giving up what I consider just about the biggest "rip-off/dumb" feature ever for account wide outfits would be a sacrifice I'd be *more* than willing to make.  That said, you could still make the wardrobe account wide.  One character would have to put an outfit in before a different character would be able to take it out.  Salvaging would still work.

On 1/28/2016 at 7:04 PM, Rukkirii said:

We will be adding an item that will allow you to trade Hongmoon Store costumes to another character on your account. See the below statement from January 23.

Does this mean using it on the item... will make it a mail item forever like the master pack items? In all honesty I'm willing to  purchase something for 50 dollars that give me the ability to have all the ncoin costumes tradeable forever... MAYBE even 75. 

3 minutes ago, Korene said:

Does this mean using it on the item... will make it a mail item forever like the master pack items? In all honesty I'm willing to  purchase something for 50 dollars that give me the ability to have all the ncoin costumes tradeable forever... MAYBE even 75. 

eerm the way I'm reading that is it's an item that will let you do a one time transfer of a costume to another character on your account.

mainly because they say "another character" rather than account wide or something.

Just now, Puppy Pie said:

eerm the way I'm reading that is it's an item that will let you do a one time transfer of a costume to another character on your account.

mainly because they say "another character" rather than account wide or something.

If that's the case... I'll never purchase that. Paying cash just to transfer to another character... then it become bound again? Seems a tad bit money grabby for me. Just put something in the ncoin shop for a high price that makes all ncoin costumes tradeable forever. They would rake in way more money... they are missing a big cash cow right there. People would jump all over that lol.

3 minutes ago, Korene said:

If that's the case... I'll never purchase that. Paying cash just to transfer to another character... then it become bound again? Seems a tad bit money grabby for me. Just put something in the ncoin shop for a high price that makes all ncoin costumes tradeable forever. They would rake in way more money... they are missing a big cash cow right there. People would jump all over that lol.

I agree I would pay a bit of cash for that option. Not to mention I would buy A LOT more costumes than I am now currently I'm just buying items that I really really want rather than buying a ton of them just because I play on several characters so it doesn't make sense to buy a ton of things that will be stuck on one...... BUT I did buy that wig for all my chars lol

but it's just the "another character" throws me. I feel like it's just a one time deal for people who moved their main to another class/server

3 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

I agree I would pay a bit of cash for that option. Not to mention I would buy A LOT more costumes than I am now currently I'm just buying items that I really really want rather than buying a ton of them just because I play on several characters so it doesn't make sense to buy a ton of things that will be stuck on one...... BUT I did buy that wig for all my chars lol

but it's just the "another character" throws me. I feel like it's just a one time deal for people who moved their main to another class/server

Yea that seems to be the case. Kudos to having that option with warlock coming out soon... and a lot of people wanting to have main the warlock from the get go... They are fixing to make BANK when warlock releases. I guess this can be helpful for people to not be tied to a character just because they spent so much on costumes now they can switch their main freely and transfer their costumes at a cost instead of making all those 20 dollar purchases all over again. Still... I would like to pay whatever price they put for an option to make every ncoin costume account bound e.e... ncsoft please.

A thousand times needed.

I bought one costume but only because I knew I would only want it on a single character (the only one it looked good on). There are a couple I would like to purchase and would look good on multiple characters but like heck am I going to buy the same outfit multiple times - not when they cost so much.

On 1/28/2016 at 7:04 PM, Rukkirii said:

... This is disgusting. Charging people more for a transfer when these things should be account-wide unlocks (or at minimum freely mailable) is awful.

Archived