For the love of Mushin. Make the Costumes tradable or account bound.

Koopsy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mayuru said:

This really needs to be a thing, it's 2016.

I'm still absolutely disgusted that master pack costumes are one character only.

Actually the master pack costumes are account bound (thank goodness) owo you just need to mail them to yourself.

• NCSOFT

We will be adding an item that will allow you to trade Hongmoon Store costumes to another character on your account. See the below statement from January 23.

On 1/23/2016 at 8:25 PM, Rukkirii said:

Thanks for the discussion and feedback so far. We wanted to jump in here and let you know that being able to trade costumes across an account is something we are in fact working on. Once available, this will be a new purchasable consumable that can be used on an already purchased Hongmoon Store character bound cosmetic, which will allow it to be mailed to another character on your account.

We don’t have an estimate of when it’ll be available just yet, but we’ll be sure to provide additional details soon as we have them.

We really value everyone’s input and feedback, and we hope you continue to enjoy Blade & Soul!

1 minute ago, Rukkirii said:

We will be adding an item that will allow you to trade Hongmoon Store costumes to another character on your account. See the below statement from January 23.

Am I wrong in getting the feeling that it's like a one-time mail transfer, for money? Will it be permanently mailable to my characters?

5 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

We will be adding an item that will allow you to trade Hongmoon Store costumes to another character on your account.

That's a great news as I just discovered the black angel outfit looks better on my Jin than Kun. That shiny stocking are just meh.

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Am I wrong in getting the feeling that it's like a one-time mail transfer, for money? Will it be permanently mailable to my characters?

I wish to know as well. Should it be permanetly acc-bound I would gladly buy it for almost all doboks.

11 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Ah HELL naw! You're telling me that I am going to have to PURCHASE an item to allow my other ALREADY PURCHASED item transfer to another character I create? So I have to pay double than what it's worth just to use my sexy outfit on another character? Sweet mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz, this is unbelievable.

Yay for account-bound, nay for paying over and over for the same thing, be it an outfit or the ability to transfer the outfit (which you've already paid for) between characters.

You'll probably get a lot more sales if you go about this is a non-gougey way.

So.. We're going to have to BUY something.. So we can trade outfits we already BOUGHT to characters on our account... Wow.. 

I'm only irritated with this now, but as time goes on i can already tell this is going to be why I quit sinking money/time/energy into this game.

1 minute ago, MarilynJeane said:

Ah HELL naw! You're telling me that I am going to have to PURCHASE an item to allow my other ALREADY PURCHASED item transfer to another character I create? So I have to pay double than what it's worth just to use my sexy outfit on another character? Sweet mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz, this is unbelievable.

First off, where do you get double? They never said how much the item would cost. It could be super cheap like 50 NCoin.

Second, NONE of the other versions have the ability to move costumes between characters let alone developing a method to do so.

You guys want to be able to access the costume on all of your characters, but that's not an option nor is it going to be. Would you rather have the option to pay to move the costume or no option at all?

Just now, Shoshin said:

First off, where do you get double? They never said how much the item would cost. It could be super cheap like 50 NCoin.

Second, NONE of the other versions have the ability to move costumes between characters let alone developing a method to do so.

You guys want to be able to access the costume on all of your characters, but that's not an option nor is it going to be. Would you rather have the option to pay to move the costume or no option at all?

I would rather keep my money to myself and find another game to play. There is a difference betwen profiting on player vanity and selling convenience items to just outright robbing your player base. It's a fine line to walk, and it's a difficult one. But I feel like making us PAY to use things we've already bought on other characters crosses that line. it's bad enough we have to buy past 2 character slots.

17 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

So we'll only need to buy this item once, right? It's kind of sounding like you'll need to buy the item for every character to be able to mail it around.

Really they should just spend the time to make the wardrobe collection accessable for all characters if you're premium and open the storage access to free players T^T

It would be intuitive and foster good will to the game's playerbase, both paying and not yet paying.

22 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Once available, this will be a new purchasable consumable that can be used on an already purchased Hongmoon Store character bound cosmetic

RUSRS? Which marketing exec came up with that brilliant idea?

1 minute ago, Shoshin said:

Me using the word double in that statement is not to be taken literally, as focusing on that makes you completely miss the point. Doesn't matter how cheap it is, the fact that you still have to pay real money just to transfer an item that you already paid real money for is completely bull. What other versions are you referring to? Other games by this company, or other outfits? I do apologize, as I am a bit lost there. If you're referring to other versions, as in games by this company, than that is truly disappointing that they have not developed a way to do so without charging additional. I.E. If you're paying additional for a wardrobe option for premium, your wardrobe should allow you to switch between all characters.

I would rather no option at all, to be blunt and perfectly honest with you. I would rather sit there, infront of the wheel of fate, and farm to get my outfit once again than drop money into a game with so many issues. I understand that this game is still brand new in the west and obviously there are going to be problems, which is why I am holding back on buying anything.

23 minutes ago, Enhance said:

That's pretty much how I'm reading it too, which makes it pretty useless.  I rotate through my characters on a nearly daily basis.  There's no way I'm buying one of these every day on the (admittedly) rare times when I want my characters wearing same thing.  (typically only during holidays, a.k.a. x-mas outfits, etc.)

26 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

As much as you are working on the game this isn't going well with these paid items I looked into your store things etc. I know this game from Korea and been waiting for it to be released but forgot about it anyhow, look at FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.

You can purchase additional content like outfits and they are for all characters once you create a character a duplicate of all the items you have paid for are sent to you. This is a good system because it awknowladges the fact that someone has paid for the costumes and also this makes you want to buy more. 

This game is having a hard time with its money spend -> value received.

I mean if you start fresh, no founder pack, nothing, and want to make full use of your characters' inventory space, that's going to run you well over $100!(my math is a bit wonky there 'cause estimations out the *cricket*) But if you want to spend $25 on getting all 7 character slots, the costs of being an altoholic gets ridiculous!  And it just keeps getting worse if you're a fan of the outfits, what with them being $10-$20 a pop (depending on when you need to charge ncoin 'because of their ratherabusivebutpredicable pricing) and taking up inventory space of non-premium players  (remember that subs are not the main source of income for freemium games)

This then leads your customers to try to be strategic with their emotional and financial investments, taking care of only one character and neglecting the rest, shortening the lifespan of their commitment if they  would truly want to explore other classes and characters.

It feels like whoever designed the micro (well, turned well "macro" right now) transaction system in this game forgot that these systems are supposed to be enjoyable for the customers to use.*  Whenever I make an investment in my account, I should feel like I'm building up its value, not like I'm just making way for yet more purchases to remove aggravating inconveniences, or that the game's MTX system is fully designed, not just with the faculties to accommodate whales, but with the intention of turning anyone and everyone willing to pay into a whale, one ncoin at a time.

*Now I know a lot of folk like to spout the phrase "THE GAME'S GOTTA MAKE MONEY SOMEHOW" when people take issue with the monetization of the game, but that is really off topic to any of these critiques.  Buying stuff in a game HAS to be an enjoyable experience, and that's the conflict most people have when they post these kinds of threads.  Being nickled and dimed is not an enjoyable experience.  It puts the customer's mind more on what they're losing instead of what they're gaining from the purchase. This. Is bad. Monetization.  It leads to purchase satisfaction being low, and inevitably, customer satisfaction being low, which leads to low customer loyalty.   To avoid this customer VS company distrust NCSoft needs to find a way to let their customers feel like they're coming out on top of the transaction, and the premium rank is proving to not be enough on the cumulative account value thing (partially due to having to make yet another purchase to access this bit of "value")

1 hour ago, Rukkirii said:

not to join the complainers here, because I'm not a fan of complaining, but, you massively misunderstood what people want, people want to be able to send their costume to other characters back and forth, this is pretty standard now a days in most MMOs, but, I personally think this game never has made me feel like I have to spend money on anything. I bought premium and I've been happy with it. 

So while B&S actually has much less ways to grab your money than some other games out there and I respect that unless that consumable is something that's gonna make the item forever tradable, people will be even more mad at the fact that you have to pay to trade once (and only once) as opposed to what they asked and be able to use their costumes on however many characters they have. 

Archived