Banned for no reason.

Maienhel

My girlfriend banned today. For no reason. Trust me no reason. She didn't use any VPN , proxy or something. And it says "3rd party program" really. I just logged in her account from another city(not country) and played like a 3-4 hours just. Just that. There is really NO REASON at all. And it's really annoying. We are thinking to make new account for her but i m really afraid. If she get banned again. Cause she banned for no reason. I can't trust maybe i can banned sometimes after years ? or something? How can we play this game fairly? 

Offense: Use of third party program
Penalty: Account closure

We have reviewed the above action and found it and the associated penalty to be consistent with our policies. We ask that you review our terms and rules of conduct, which are available here: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/. This action against the account will not be removed and the penalty will stand.

Regards,

Leecon
NCSOFT Support Team

Leecon (Blade and Soul)
Jan 27, 15:46

Hello,

As previously stated, account has been permanently closed for violations of the User Agreement. This account will no longer be accessible and can never be reactivated.
After thoroughly reviewing this incident, I have found no errors or inconsistencies in the reviews of your appeal requests nor was I able to find any errors in the decision to action the account.

At this time, I must also respectfully inform you that any additional appeals or inquiries regarding the action taken on the account will receive this same response.

Regards,
Leecon
NCSOFT Support Team

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, marador said:

If you're on the same computer they'd have no way of knowing that you're sharing accounts. But logging into one account on two different computers would show an obvious IP address difference. Hypothetically speaking, if YOU played on a desktop and then played later on the same account on YOUR own laptop, you could get banned for "account sharing". It's stupid but it happens.

5 minutes ago, marador said:

So "sharing" accounts is bannable? 

So if i convinced my wife(yeah right, but for the sake of conversation...) to play this game and one of us logged into the other account that's bannable?

Yes, it is.

It's more of 'If you logged in on this PC and then logged into another [IP maybe?], you're banned.'

They dunno who's really on it but I remember on XIV I was prompted to do somethings before I could

as I switched from PS3 to PC and on a different IP address.

3 minutes ago, marador said:

So "sharing" accounts is bannable? 

it's not, actually, here is what's stated in NCSofts Terms of Use, under "Accounts, Passwords, and Security" section here

Certain features or services offered on or through the Site may require you to open an account (including setting up an NCsoft ID and password). You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your password, and for any and all activity that occurs under your account.

You agree to notify NCsoft immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. However, you may be held liable for losses incurred by NCsoft or any other user of or visitor to the Site due to someone else using your NCsoft ID, password or account.

You may not use anyone else's NCsoft ID, password or account at any time without the express permission and consent of the holder of that NCsoft ID, password or account. NCsoft cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.

In other words, based on just the sharing accounts thing, the user had no reason to be banned for sharing it. But, this wasn't the reason why they were banned, according to the statement from them, it was due to a Third Party Program installed, which could be nearly anything installed on their pc. 

Just now, Execratione said:

If you're on the same computer they'd have no way of knowing that you're sharing accounts. But logging into one account on two different computers would show an obvious IP address difference. Hypothetically speaking, if YOU played on a desktop and then played later on the same account on YOUR own laptop, you could get banned for "account sharing". It's stupid but it happens.

Regardless, that is the most stupid load of tosh i have ever had the misfortune of hearing about. I stand by my previous comments. (none of it directed at you of course)

My Ip changes every time i turn my router off(which i do, do occasionally) and i have more than one computer. So if it shows 2 different ip's they can ban you for that? *cricket*ing rediculous. What's worse is the people defending this.

2 minutes ago, Execratione said:

I'm assuming the ban occurred because someone took a look at the IP address and noticed it was coming from two different locations, and immediately assumed the following:

1) They're account sharing

or 2) Someone's using a 3rd party software to bypass the IP address like a VPN or proxy, which makes the server recognize a different IP address.

Either way, one points to another, and it sucks.

As someone who loves playing games with his significant other, I sympathize for you.

Now, I'm assuming the punishment goes out the window if the different IP addresses are within the same location. But again, I'm not NCSOFT, so I have no official word as to what their motive for their action is.

Hope they can help sort this out. But knowing most localized MMOs I've played and the trend of support coming from them...

It's slim.

1 minute ago, Senzura said:

anyone mind telling me what exactly 3rd party programs are? feel like its a matter of time before everyone is banned lol and the support seem so unreasonable.

Everyone but the multitude of ACTUAL bots running rampant on the servers. Sounds about right. I'm not making any threats, whats the point really? I'm just very upset that I have given them money already. But lets be honest, the game is pretty difficult to get anywhere in without premium... at least if you like things like getting any money drops whatsoever from random creatures or other "QUALITY OF LIFE"(PFFT) things.

4 minutes ago, Senzura said:

anyone mind telling me what exactly 3rd party programs are? feel like its a matter of time before everyone is banned lol and the support seem so unreasonable.

Third party programs are things like Cheat Engine, bots, any kind of downloadable program designed to cheat in some way. Sometimes antiviruses are detected as third party programs. Don't know why.

This whole debacle about sharing an account is bannable is a joke. you will not get banned for playing your wifes account. That would be a very hard case to prove. the cheat detection software detected something running that it didnt like. you claim you're innocent but so does every other cheater out there. #nosympathy  make a new account and learn a lesson.

19 minutes ago, marador said:

You can take yourself and the game company you are defending and dine in the deepest reaches of the worst pit in hell. 

Wow. Didn't know I was on league on legend forums.

On subject though, what programs do you typically have running in the background while playing BnS?

Yeah, NCSOFT is doing a great job for banning innocent people, but what hey cant do is ban something like gold spammers etc. Becasue they cant manage to do 1 thing right instead they ban ppl like us, I got ban too for no reason, even though I stayed on the same IP lmao. If this keeps up they will lose money.

1 minute ago, Pacifist said:

Wow. Didn't know I was on league on legend forums.

On subject though, what programs do you typically have running in the background while playing BnS?

I'm curious if people are crashing or getting banned for something totally unrelated, like another software not related to Blade Soul or VPN but Gameguard still thinks it's a cheat, maybe an incompatibility.

Wouldn't hurt for NCsoft to make a small list of know programs that causes issues to the game, i remember people posting here about the Razer software and a Asus service, things like that. 

Archived