Tomb of Exiles Difficult

Aburamy

After the patch in the day 27/01, the difficult of the dungeon just ripped of anybody around the recommended level (36) our party with everyone level 36+ just get wiped in the first enemies more than one time.
Now we can't make through the dungeon without someone level 45.
is this unforgiving difficult implemented on purpose?

Honestly, the first few enemies are the hardest part of the dungeon. I've seen so many 45's get shredded by the perma grapple Kung Fu Masters. An Assassin can stealth and take out one, hopefully. If not, try and get a FM and AoE them down. The Phantom Grip ability can be upgraded into a circular AoE that pulls enemies to the center of it. Ask the FM to skill that and you should be good.

4 > 3 > 2 > 2 > 1 > 2 as a FM and they should be dead.

Well they upgrade the damage, but it mostly cough me on surprise, try few more times and we can handle, about my soul shield i was with 5 parts of the boss and 3 of the Cinderlands soul stone.
It's more a curiosity if the difficult changed, but the dungeon still manageable, thanks for the replies.

1 hour ago, Dreamer0526 said:

Well, if youre complaining about this, youre gonna be at the forum again when you get to the level 45 open dungeon, bosses have 2.5M health, and do AoE that usually kills 1-2 of the hundreds of player attacking the boss. Just saying.

Or you know 1.2-2mish hp with just 4 ppl....

I actually like challenge, and all the dungeons seem pretty easy so far. (around lvl 40atm)
So i didn't mind seeing that some enemies on ToE were a bit more dangerous.  And it's not so much that is hard, but that most (if not all) dungeons till this point are way too easy, so people get used to careless game-play. Just running forwards spamming basic combos its usually enough to get trough.
FM and Summoners face-checking enemies, melee classes just tanking them without avoiding attacks or countering them, all classes just spamming skills, without using proper combos, CC, etc. It's just a bad custom some players end up developing, and its not their fault, but the game for not punishing reckless gameplay since the beginning, or in a proper escalating path.

But anyways, as long as u watch out your positioning, you pay attention to enemies attack patters, use your abilities and combos in the right way, you should be fine.

People have problems with this? And so far I did not notice any raise in difficulty and the first few enemies are definitely the worst, but just run around them, if you stand around in front of them... you will have a bad time.

Well, i'm no complaining at all, i just wanted to know if the difficult was raised, but i think it's just an impression, probably on the previous runs i did there was some guy knowing what he's doing.
About the beginning of the dungeon, it's the hard part,  but you just need to take care the force masters and the cannon guys at the side and it's alright, in one of the runs i did, the guys who focused on the "mini boss" in the center get killed.
Sorry if my threat looked a complain threat, that's was not my what i intended.

18 minutes ago, Aburamy said:

but you just need to take care the force masters and the cannon guys at the side

Haha, I didn't even know that this is a Boss. I didn't see any raise in difficulty, but conicidentally I'm waiting until everyone jumped in and I'm picking the adds who are left over. Of course if all 6 players concentrate on the named NPC only you get killed by the adds at some point.

4 minutes ago, Andunye said:

Haha, I didn't even know that this is a Boss. I didn't see any raise in difficulty, but conicidentally I'm waiting until everyone jumped in and I'm picking the adds who are left over. Of course if all 6 players concentrate on the named NPC only you get killed by the adds at some point.

I called him "mini boss"(in quotes) because i don't know the correct term for a stronger enemies that have to get two stuns to actually get stunned XD

6 hours ago, Milanesa said:

I actually like challenge, and all the dungeons seem pretty easy so far. (around lvl 40atm)
So i didn't mind seeing that some enemies on ToE were a bit more dangerous.  And it's not so much that is hard, but that most (if not all) dungeons till this point are way too easy, so people get used to careless game-play. Just running forwards spamming basic combos its usually enough to get trough.
FM and Summoners face-checking enemies, melee classes just tanking them without avoiding attacks or countering them, all classes just spamming skills, without using proper combos, CC, etc. It's just a bad custom some players end up developing, and its not their fault, but the game for not punishing reckless gameplay since the beginning, or in a proper escalating path.

But anyways, as long as u watch out your positioning, you pay attention to enemies attack patters, use your abilities and combos in the right way, you should be fine.

I think it's safe to confirm that only Heroic dungeons bring in true difficulty.  I don't mind the green tier dungeons, so I can have time to practice and be better prepared for Heroic dungeons.  

I failed that at first too

After rethinking my build and strategies i was able to reach the boss alone at 36 and nearly kill it but not quite

Try looking at what you can do to adjust your build

Some enemies you have to burst so it becomes a 1 V 1 against a single target

17 hours ago, Aburamy said:

About the beginning of the dungeon, it's the hard part,  but you just need to take care the force masters and the cannon guys at the side and it's alright, in one of the runs i did, the guys who focused on the "mini boss" in the center get killed.

This. Most painful basic mistake at that point is to not take out the cannon guy with the bomb that is dropped from enemy. Those who picked that up should throw it at the right target, and not waste it on that one guy in the middle.

my friend and i duo'd it the other night at 40... as a FM and Blade Dancer perfectly doable with a group of 6 i think... 

Edit: i find the first boss hardest just because the force master is very difficult to dodge/avoid for my force master and i rely heavily on defensive cooldowns, one thing i had to do for this place was CHANGE way i had built myself to be a bit more defensive. Putting points in my defensive cooldowns to buy myself time, and having a few skills can heal... don't just go full damage having some CC, and defensive i think are crucial in this place! takes us awhile to do it... but it was a lot of fun.

On 1/27/2016 at 4:44 PM, Aburamy said:

After the patch in the day 27/01, the difficult of the dungeon just ripped of anybody around the recommended level (36) our party with everyone level 36+ just get wiped in the first enemies more than one time.
Now we can't make through the dungeon without someone level 45.
is this unforgiving difficult implemented on purpose?

My group made it through with 3 people leveled 40, 39, and 35...maybe devise new strats? Not trying to be a jerk, but I don't find this dungeon as hard as you explain.

Archived