Forums

Solution to the Bot ISSUE.

Kanomas

I have a sure fire way to end the bot problem once and for all for the company. I know this will be difficult and time consuming to implement, but the technology is available as seen in other games. Add into the game a monitoring system for the use of certain key words, but specific key words. All the gold farmers use .com to advertise their gold selling. They need to advertise the website in order to attract customers, so why destroy this by blocking .com or anything with the use of com, net, org, anything with the word gold or 4g-10$ in the same sentence, this would eliminate advertising, the bots can be stopped, just by entering the most common phases they use to advertise, can't spam if they can't advertise the site. I hope this helps in some form, and maybe it can be put in. 

If you've seen this in other games, then you should be aware that it doesn't work that well. Example #1: \/\/\/\/\/\/.g0I_D.@0/\/\ (add random number/text in here to change the phrase slightly)

Better to just completely remove all offending text when reported/blocked, and automute/ban players who have been reported by a lot of people for the same reason, who also trigger flood warnings on chat/send way too many tells in a certain timeframe or something.

Archived