Complete Rip Off! - NC Store Skins THE SAME as in game fodder skins.

Sarsparilla

Hey guys, pretty new to the game and truth be told I am enjoying it, not denying that, but I don't believe it's right to be charging players real money for items that can be easily (i'm presuming easily) towards the end game. Now i'm not just talking about an item that looks identical to another item, they have literally taken the exact same skin as the "Cold Iron Offering Sword" and used it on the "Shrieking Wind Phantom Skin" in the cosmetic weapons skin store.

It's not a cheap skin either, it costs 960 NC Coins which where i'm from that's about £9.60 for something that is obtainable free in game from an offering case. This isn't right. I haven't checked the other skins myself I sort of didn't want to believe what I was seeing to be honest, i'm rather disappointed by the whole thing, rather than trying to con players out of money for bad reskins to sell on their store, surely they should give us some decent store exclusive skins, being that the game should have been here 5 years ago as well, but that's another matter. What do you guys think?!

decdb507be.jpg

9daf481040.jpg18c11ec5d0.jpg

only now u know that? even the costumes are droped in game and i like that, For lazy people who don't want farm they have option to  buy from store, for people who like farm, farm them in-game. i wanted dokumo costume but didn't want spend money on cashshop so i farmed and got it easy.

I like that they've an option like this, but I do wish they communicated better that it's an option with an alternative.. :T

Something more than that little note on the tooltip that, consider this game's localization quality at this point, may or may not be correct.

53 minutes ago, VRock said:

only now u know that? even the costumes are droped in game and i like that, For lazy people who don't want farm they have option to  buy from store, for people who like farm, farm them in-game. i wanted dokumo costume but didn't want spend money on cashshop so i farmed and got it easy.

Like I said I've not been playing the game that long, maybe about a week at max.

46 minutes ago, Roda said:

I like that they've an option like this, but I do wish they communicated better that it's an option with an alternative.. :T

Something more than that little note on the tooltip that, consider this game's localization quality at this point, may or may not be correct.

Surely if you're going to be paying for something that's around £10 you expect it to be something of substantial difference to any item you can get just by farming a little later on, or even still I've seen a sealed one for 56 copper on the auction house :/ not only that, don't you think it's a bit lazy on their part? I mean £9.60 or 56 Copper, which would you rather pay? I can't really see a way to defend this kind of extortion especially for a non-important/non rare item.

I noticed this as well, and almost just assumed it was a bug or something because it's so ridiculous. Luckily I saw the drop version on the market beforehand.

Also, to everyone talking about "drop versions" versus "store versions", for clothing yes this makes sense, but clothing you actually have to grind for (not just buy for 50 copper).

1 minute ago, Infamousxiii said:

the advantage is that buying the skin lets you wear it at lvl 1

Lmao, i'm sorry that's ridiculous, just to test this out, I bought a sealed one from the store just a second ago for  2s 36c (more than i originally said), unsealed it, transmuted it onto my weapon, now i have the exact same skin as this 960NC Coin valued skin.

cd2de21b30.jpg

Argument kinda invalid.

15 minutes ago, Sarsparilla said:

Surely if you're going to be paying for something that's around £10 you expect it to be something of substantial difference to any item you can get just by farming a little later on, or even still I've seen a sealed one for 56 copper on the auction house :/ not only that, don't you think it's a bit lazy on their part? I mean £9.60 or 56 Copper, which would you rather pay? I can't really see a way to defend this kind of extortion especially for a non-important/non rare item.

Yeah maybe not for such a common item, but idk, even then, I like having obtainable in-game alternatives to cash shop (tho I guess that's what hongmoon coins are for)

For THIS item, yeah I'd say it's WAAAY too over priced (I wouldn't even pay a dollar for it), but if some of the rarer cosmetic stuff was put on the cash shop AND ITS DROP RATES ARE NOT ALTERED then eh, I'd be good.

Tho, I know it has a small chance of being successful, but I'd appeal for a refund with how easy this is to get in game vs its cash price.  It almost seems like a loot bug at these prices :T

2 hours ago, Sarsparilla said:

Hey guys, pretty new to the game and truth be told I am enjoying it, not denying that, but I don't believe it's right to be charging players real money for items that can be easily (i'm presuming easily) towards the end game. Now i'm not just talking about an item that looks identical to another item, they have literally taken the exact same skin as the "Cold Iron Offering Sword" and used it on the "Shrieking Wind Phantom Skin" in the cosmetic weapons skin store.

It's not a cheap skin either, it costs 960 NC Coins which where i'm from that's about £9.60 for something that is obtainable free in game from an offering case. This isn't right. I haven't checked the other skins myself I sort of didn't want to believe what I was seeing to be honest, i'm rather disappointed by the whole thing, rather than trying to con players out of money for bad reskins to sell on their store, surely they should give us some decent store exclusive skins, being that the game should have been here 5 years ago as well, but that's another matter. What do you guys think?!

decdb507be.jpg

9daf481040.jpg18c11ec5d0.jpg

They tell you that you can get these items that they sell in shop as drops also.  I remember many folks telling others this in beta.  People (like myself at the time) didn't understand how the game worked and cried pay 2 win and such, but all these items to my understanding you can get as drops also if you don't' want to buy the skins.  

1 minute ago, GnatB said:

Considering the tooltip for the cash-shop skin literally says it can be acquired from "Lycandi foothills halls of Ogong"  (i.e. also obtainable in-game).  I fail to see how there is a valid complaint here.

The fact that the tooltip is pretty small in all fairness and the fact that the price is 960NC Coins, it's pretty much a waste of their time, and a waste of our time since it's a pointless item to place in the store. Would you pay for it? do you feel that it's a worthwhile addition to the store?

So your upset that no one told you?

Right?

Now you know. Share it with people. *shrug* 
Buying it with cash it the "EASY" way to get stuff. Plus, I'm not sure but you can loose how it looks when you transform it (I THINK) not sure. 
Skin is forever.  *SHRUG*

You can get most of the costumes in the game, no need for cash!

6 minutes ago, JustFiyen said:

So your upset that no one told you?

Right?

Now you know. Share it with people. *shrug* 
Buying it with cash it the "EASY" way to get stuff. Plus, I'm not sure but you can loose how it looks when you transform it (I THINK) not sure. 
Skin is forever.  *SHRUG*

You can get most of the costumes in the game, no need for cash!

1. Wouldn't say i'm upset, but i am shocked more than anything.

2. Share it with people so they don't get roped in early on thinking it's a pretty exclusive skin since most people will ignore or glaze over the tooltip itself and realise they've been swindled out of their money.

3. You don't lose anything I even posted above with a picture of my transmuted "Cold Iron Sword"

4. Yeah I completely agree, i'm glad they've done that, but this feels like a cheap attempt to get some extra dinero out of people.

1 hour ago, VRock said:

So where do i grind for the christmas outfit and some others?... Not all outfits are drops.

1 minute ago, ghost010 said:

So where do i grind for the christmas outfit and some others?... Not all outfits are drops.

During the last CBT there was actually a "christmas event" thing going on where you could open a random box thing once a day that you could buy oufits from for 1 copper.
I don't know if it will come back next year exactly like that but... yea. Those outfits were pretty much free from that event thing.

1 hour ago, VRock said:

WHAT?

I thought they were special! They're even untradeable / one character only on top of that. Aw, what a waste of money! Augh! I had no idea.

Thanks for the heads up before I spent more.

Edit:

5 minutes ago, ghost010 said:

Oh. So it's only the weapon skins? Huh. That's still ridiculous. I'd be so upset. :/

I assume xmas outfit drops... during xmas!!! *gasp*

Plus I don't see a problem with the paid skin having a dropped counterpart.. IRRC The supply chain is the highest level dungeon there is, right? sounds fair.

You may be threading on the I want unique paid skins because I paid money, I don't want free to play scrubs to have same weapon as me.

I kind of agree.

They should lower the price for cosmetic stuff like that. We would still be using real money to buy them at will and not have to grind for them.

On the other hand it also feels nice to know that you own a costume from the store that cant be obtained any other way.

Archived