Learning the game

AHarr

Hi, so I'm new to Blade and Soul, and relatively new to MMOs in general. I was wondering what guides I should look into for learning the basics of PvP arena. The guides I found online were only builds or the very basics of what the class abilities are. What I need to figure out is the basics of combat, like typical combos, what frames I need to watch out for from opponents, and what I need to do to counter and not get CC'd out. I tried a few arenas and got smashed since I'm kind of lost past using the basic offensive abilities. I'm playing force master atm. Thanks so much for the help!

I believe most classes get breaks on their Tab, SS and Q. These unlock as you level up and should have most of them by around level 30.

As for what to watch out for it's hard to say, I'm eating the losses and slowly learning what I need to watch for against each class I run into. I have also watched videos, they usually have play footage towards the end.

Its important to understand how the build works to implement in PvP and some builds do well vs one class but maybe not as well against others.

Combat seems to boil down to baiting your opponent out of their Breaks then hittin them wit CC for as long as you can while DPSing.

For example, Assissins rely on stealth to do big damage and some CC's require stealth to use. Goading someone to attack and timing Decoy to stealth then wait to see if they blow their SS or Q or possibly Block/Counter, then either Stun or Guard Break to stun and launch a Kick Up, Volley, Web, Moth/Mine combo or use the RB F quick Combo.

It's more or less a dance. Learning to break and time CC's is an important skills along with animation cancellation, all I'm still working to improve;) hope this helps a little.

I'm only level 31, and I've been doing the arena since level 15. It's preseason so teh W/L ration will reset when the season starts anyways, so it's not a bad idea to get some experience and see what other players abilities look like and do in my opinion.

A lot of people will say to wait till 45 so you can cap out your talent points, but by level 30 you should have enough to do ok if you can figure out how to beat the class you're against. Once the reset happens, if you go in already armed with experience against opponents and the levels to use more talents, I'd dare say you'd be ahead of people who only leveled and never pvp'd until season starts.

Again, just my opinion :)

Archived