Forums

Kung Fu Clarity

Kagimizu

So because of its kit and style (and that hype-inducing trailer) I started playing Blade & Soul as a Kung Fu Master, and it's quite fun. I love the menagerie of skills, and I only have a couple problems, besides how badly ping or lag can *cricket* over the KFM. One issue is how to deal with multiple enemies, as you can't counter all of them and KFM is not meant to take a whole lot of hits. The other is that I'm not entirely clear on several of KFM's skills and how to make the best use of them- or use them at all. These skills are:
-Shin Kick
-Emit Frost
-Leading Palm.

Shin Kick is shown to be its own individual skill in the martial tome and is supposed to be one of the skills I use on a grappled opponent. But when I go to look at its skill path it just shows me the information for Leg Sweep, and investing in Shin Kick automatically invests in Leg Sweep. What's more Shin Kick never shows up in the 3 slot when I grapple, so I have no idea what's up with that.

Emit Frost is supposed to be set to my S button and come up when I'm immobilized or frozen or etc, but I have never once seen the icon show up for its use, even when fighting an enemy Force Master that literally froze me in place- the very type of status that to my understanding, Emit Frost is supposed to counter.

With Leading Palm the simple fact is that I've got no clue what it's referring to with half the stuff it mentions, like the "Unrestrained" stages. I have no idea what that refers to, and I can't seem to find any mention of it in KFM's other skills. I know there's something I'm missing, and I wanna know what it is.

So could someone be a big help and give me a bit of an overview on the less obvious aspects of the KFM, and hopefully let me in on what I'm missing?

26 minutes ago, xNameless said:

Snip

That answered literally none of my questions. Literally, none. It explained nothing about how Leading Palm works, or why Emit Frost is never available even when I'm literally frozen solid.

Also, "basic" combos when most of those skills require you be level 30-40 and know how to animation cancel. Very funny.

Hey Kagimizu! So i play a KFM myself and have been studying the kit available. Though i cannot tell you what the unrestrained stages are as i am still learning that myself, I can tell you that Emit frost is an ability that can only be used when you are grabbed by a destroyer, force master or Force blader. Grabbed and phantom grabbed states, both of which lift you off the ground and keep you in the air. While you are up in the air the prompt for the ability shows up along with 2 others, body kick and slip kick. With good timing slip kick can get you out of the gripped state and body kick just does damage while you are being held up. Emit frost however, instantly freezes your opponent in place as well as freezing you for 3 seconds to prevent all damage for those 3 seconds. However you can choose to break the ice early via another emit frost prompt to counter attack. I would highly recommend attempting to slip kick out of a grabbed state before using Emit frost as emit frost has a long cooldown.

Shin kick is another awesome ability! Yes you do have to invest points in the sweep kick to unlock it however it does not work exactly as one might come to understand when reading its tooltip. Shin kick is primarily active over your sweep kick while the opponent is either stunned,dazed or grabbed. IT DOES NOT WORK when you grab the enemy, it is not a grab move. It is when your opponent is grabbed by another player, that's when you'll see shin kick appear over your sweeping kick. As soon as an enemy is grabbed by someone or stunned by you or anyone else, you kick the living shit out of them as shin kick does not cost focus to use and does awesome damage.

I hope that helped! Carry on the KFM way!

3 hours ago, MakforMat said:

Hey Kagimizu! So i play a KFM myself and have been studying the kit available. Though i cannot tell you what the unrestrained stages are as i am still learning that myself, I can tell you that Emit frost is an ability that can only be used when you are grabbed by a destroyer, force master or Force blader. Grabbed and phantom grabbed states, both of which lift you off the ground and keep you in the air. While you are up in the air the prompt for the ability shows up along with 2 others, body kick and slip kick. With good timing slip kick can get you out of the gripped state and body kick just does damage while you are being held up. Emit frost however, instantly freezes your opponent in place as well as freezing you for 3 seconds to prevent all damage for those 3 seconds. However you can choose to break the ice early via another emit frost prompt to counter attack. I would highly recommend attempting to slip kick out of a grabbed state before using Emit frost as emit frost has a long cooldown.

Shin kick is another awesome ability! Yes you do have to invest points in the sweep kick to unlock it however it does not work exactly as one might come to understand when reading its tooltip. Shin kick is primarily active over your sweep kick while the opponent is either stunned,dazed or grabbed. IT DOES NOT WORK when you grab the enemy, it is not a grab move. It is when your opponent is grabbed by another player, that's when you'll see shin kick appear over your sweeping kick. As soon as an enemy is grabbed by someone or stunned by you or anyone else, you kick the living shit out of them as shin kick does not cost focus to use and does awesome damage.

I hope that helped! Carry on the KFM way!

See, that actually helped me a great deal, because now I understand. As for how the unrestrained stacks work, apparently it has something to do with the "Unleashed" buff from the Searing Palm ability. I think, at least. I'm reading on the wiki and that's all that makes sense.

Archived