Forums

Killing Lower Level Penalty

I left all of my faction stuff until i hit 45, and as such i've had to run the dailies in the desert. Despite me completely ignoring the lowbies and just getting on with finishing those quests asap, i often have groups of 5-6 or more enemy faction players trying to kill me. This is despite me explaining to them in /say that i'm there to get my dailies done and not to interfere with their pvp fun.

So it's not just high levels that choose to be morons in open world pvp, low levels can be total dicks as well. Even then when they refuse to stop attacking you so you're forced to retaliate, the first thing they do is start crying that you're ruining their fun when you have no option but to kill them, despite it being them that's instigating the pvp in the first place... meh.

On 1/27/2016 at 2:21 PM, Sohlee said:

if the game allows players under 5 levels to count as the opposite then it is terrible achievement creation in my eyes. Penalties for unsportsmanlike like conduct in any game is fair, that is why major league and little league are not meant to be together. 

You're playing a PvP based game and complaining about PvP... Wut?

I don't think there should be a penalty.

When I go to the lower levels, I don't kill lowbies because I personally don't find that fun. However, that doesn't stop a lot of lowbies from trying to gang up on me, so if I kill them I should be penalized? 

Please do not change anything.  There is already a balancing mechanism for the number of players on the server.  Also open world PvP is usually terrible in any game that is level/gear based.  So far my experiences in open world PvP in this game tend to people waiting until you are speaking to a npc and then try to gang you.  Most of the time it's hardly a fair fight so why look for that in a game?  You'd get the same danger if they'd put a rng to just kill you every now and again and it'd be the same as randomly bumping into a max level character.

I don't get mad when someone kills me, just take off the uniform and move on.  While i wore it a lot to start, now I rarely bother wearing it.  It just doesn't promote good encounters.

Arena is great and that's where this games PvP is geared too.  There are games that are designed for open world PvP.   This is not one of them.  Making it consensual is the way to go.