Killing Lower Level Penalty

Sohlee

So B&S has a very obvious level gap. a player 10 level higher is virtually invincible vs people under them even just by 10 levels. Example is scorching sands factions quests attract higher levels. It was 8 of us vs 1 level 38 our average level was 28-30. This player isn't gaining from the low level farming and really doesn't belong in this kind of open world pvp area. Putting a penalty of killing low levels will somewhat solve the GY farming and Quest Farming these players find fun. Only reason I am bringing this up is took me 45 minutes to complete the quests that should have taken 5 or 10 minutes. Also some games ban players who open world farm low levels to the point where a mere walking by 1 shot it happens, but a come talk to your NPC over here oh wait, ive killed them for 1 hour strait is kind of an issue when you can't stop it. Anyone have a point of view on this think it is a good idea or not.

There's an achievement for killing 1000 players of the opposite chat.
Here's options you can use to avoid getting murdered.

-Take off the Dobok
-Change Channels
-Try sometime later.

Why ban players for something this game ALLOWS? That's just stupid.
You got your quest finished regardless of how long it too.

if the game allows players under 5 levels to count as the opposite then it is terrible achievement creation in my eyes. Penalties for unsportsmanlike like conduct in any game is fair, that is why major league and little league are not meant to be together. 

As a max level I have to say I would be against this. I do continue to do my daily quests in all level zones, but I try not to kill anyone, even if they are my level. The reason I have to side against penalizing us for killing low leveled players is, Many of them will attack us. In the Scorching Sands when I'm farming my dailies trying to kill simple wandering guards and collecting the stones players will try to group up on me when I'm already fighting half a dozen NPCs, yes they don't hurt, but when they use knock downs it does kill my durability and they cancel my gathering with their little pecks. I usually give verbal warning before I OHKO them, and I never attack first, but I don't deserve to be penalized because they don't know when not to pick a fight. I shouldn't have to let them ruin my questing experience and kill my durability should I?

there wouldn't be much of a risk if you could only get attacked by people of your level, you put it on there's always a risk someone is gonna 1 shot you. I personally would never camp low levels to get my kills, but, a war is a war, I don't mind the way it is. 

of course not a 1 kill penalty but I am sure this player must have killed over 20 or 30 players of over 5 levels lower then him. When it gets to the point of abuse is when I am saying action should be take may it be as simple as a Debuff on the player to prevent PvP action for 30 minutes. I used the ban example to show it is enforced on many other games much more severely then I was proposing.

Also, if I see 5 people bullying 1 player who's trying to do their faction quests, regardless of their levels I want to be able to help that player out. There are many situations where it would be utterly unfair to penalize for level gap killing. So something like an "Attacked first" mechanic wouldn't work well because in order to help the single player I'd have to jump in and get the entire group of opposing players to hit me before I could help, which again is going to lower my weapon durability and cost me money.

Like a simple stacking method would work great, you kill a player 5 levels lower you get 1 stack. 15 stacks and that is a 30 minute PvP ban, continue to play the game as you want but the penalty will give the players on that channel a break from your slaughter lol.

1 minute ago, Sohlee said:

Like a simple stacking method would work great, you kill a player 5 levels lower you get 1 stack. 15 stacks and that is a 30 minute PvP ban, continue to play the game as you want but the penalty will give the players on that channel a break from your slaughter lol.

Something like this may work, but just yesterday I had a level 38 (same player) try to attack me multiple times in multiple zones. It always ended in me saying "Really, again?" and killing them off easily, but there are stupid people out there, both low levels and high levels. Any automated system is going to have flaws for people. It'll either be too high and the people being killed will say it's ineffective or it'll be too low and the people defending themselves will be penalized for doing no wrong.

On 1/27/2016 at 5:31 PM, Sohlee said:

Terrible idea...let's allow lower level players to grief higher levels by attacking them/zerging them or dying in aoe's so the higher level guy gets a PvP Ban.  No thanks but I'd rather it stay just like it is and allow it to be sorted out. If you have a higher level killing you then swap channels, call friends, call your clan, or hey take off your outfit.

I wish that joining a faction permanently flagged you against the other and the outfits were just for style.

Ok lets kill this in the bud first off it is Open World PVP for a reason, OPEN WORLD PLAYER VS PLAYER. If you are lv 39 and under you honestly have no business spending mass amount of effort with OWpvp to begin with since you don't begin getting the Soulstones or Mass Contribution Points from NPC quests until the Misty Woods area which is the lv 43-45 area. But some will argue and what not, fine i am not say you shouldn't but honestly ... well you shouldn't. Also between lvs 20-39 the fighting difference is not that big, when i was in my 20s i could beat lv 30s as long as i knew what i was doing PVP wise. If u think the gap between a lv 25 is big between a lv 38 ... try a lv 44 vs a lv 45, that gap is freaking huge because of the Moonwater soulshield. lv 44 can get 16,000 HP with their gear and stuck with lv 36 weapons and stuff, while lv 45 will have 38,000 HP with soulshield and much better lv42+ gear because they have the luxury of soulstones and transformation stones. Most level 45s won't harass other players, they want to do their dailies and get out when it comes to NON Misty Woods areas.  Me personally I will not attach a low level unless he/she - attacks me first / attacks another player lower level then them / grouped up with lv 45s / trying to kill NPCs iam questing from. If you don't like the PVP, hit lv 45 first then, it doesn't take long at all.

Open world pvp love it, nothing better then to grief the lowere level players, or meet other same level and have a go at em.

As some what said, just take of your faction gear if it bother you, i have faction gear on to PVP so deal with it.

I had this problem last night group for 40+ was hunting in the 30 area and i play 95% of the time in faction gear, and i had to deal with that group hunting me ½ way across the map befor they got me, i had to change ch to find other 40+ players farming aswell :) so had to take of my faction gear to do the missions in the area and took it on and i managed to slip past em by climping up high and float high over em, but i enjoyed it, and i cant wait til i hit 40+ myself and maybe have a chance vs that high level players, and maybe find a good pvp guild.

And when i get 45 ill be the one killing lowere level players aswell.

And have you, the creator of this thread, tried to look at this problem in other perspective? Allowing this would mean that higher levels, doing faction quests in lower lvl destinations couldnt even defend themselves to not accidentally kill any of these lvl 30 people. Its true there are nabs who enjoy spam-killing lowbies, but do not judge all 45 lvls the same way, especially if you initiate the attack first. Then you cannot complain about getting killed. This should be mentioned as well cause it happens most of the time, that lvl 30 groups attack higher level individuals on their faction quests. I think its pretty obvious that higher levels got more advantages, thats the feature of every single game. Approving your suggestion would make it reversal, which would be pretty hilarious :x 

P.S: Just a little ironical input... most of the complainers do later exactly the same what they complained about before :D ;)

On 1/27/2016 at 10:08 PM, Sohlee said:

So B&S has a very obvious level gap. a player 10 level higher is virtually invincible vs people under them even just by 10 levels. Example is scorching sands factions quests attract higher levels. It was 8 of us vs 1 level 38 our average level was 28-30. This player isn't gaining from the low level farming and really doesn't belong in this kind of open world pvp area. Putting a penalty of killing low levels will somewhat solve the GY farming and Quest Farming these players find fun. Only reason I am bringing this up is took me 45 minutes to complete the quests that should have taken 5 or 10 minutes. Also some games ban players who open world farm low levels to the point where a mere walking by 1 shot it happens, but a come talk to your NPC over here oh wait, ive killed them for 1 hour strait is kind of an issue when you can't stop it. Anyone have a point of view on this think it is a good idea or not.

Actually you can try to speak in faction and find a lv 45 to help you. There will be player who is interested in helping others

You can solve ALL your problems by taking of item, it takes 5s to solve ALL of your problems, and yet you write wall of text with terrible ideas that would send this game to oblivion faster than free items from item shop in archage did. Do you realize how stupid you sound when you complain about being attacked by players when you're the one who keeps his PVP on ??? Stop embarrassing yourself please. 

Since you can't flag otherwise, the moment you put on the uniform you have taken responsibility for you own actions,  All's fair love and war.  Call for help, use clan or faction chat. Someone might hear the screams among the gold sellers.  The logic is simple here and doesn't need to be complicated:  Change channel, take off the uniform, or get more friends.

You aren't entitled to complete any faction-based quests at any point.  If someone is keeping you from completing quests, ask for help in clan/faction.  If no one comes, move on and do something else for a while, try going back later.  Put on another uniform in the meantime.  Your clan will survive without your 3 insignias from Scorched Sands that day, at the very worst.  At best, you'll complete it later.

They shouldn't implement entire checks and balances systems just because a few players are inconvenienced a bit and get frustrated when they are inconvenienced.

Everyone always wants OWPvP, but when they get it, they do their utmost to try to make every single OW encounter fair.  Attributes, group sizes, everything that constitutes an open world experience is called into question to try to turn OW PvP into random-encounter arena.

I hate attacking lower leveled players, and I never will unless it's an accident or they attack me first.  However, what happens when you are attacked as a lower level player?  You reach out and ask for help in Faction, hopefully.  Some might talk jive, but you might also find someone to help you.  You party with them, they come out to where you are, and you help take that person down.  Maybe then the person you killed calls for help, and a fight brews.  I live for brewing fights that go until one side happens to gain an oppressive upper hand and the fight disperses.

You don't get that if you try to make everything super fair.  When I was leveling in Scorching Sands and doing those Faction dailies in the area, I would chuck bombs at higher level players then just go on about my business.  Often they would kill me to prove a point, I mean I deserved it, but whatever.  You die, you run back, and you try again.  Had they tried to grief me, I would have just left.  No big deal.

This game is very, very lenient with its OWPvP ruleset.  I really don't think any other systems need to be put in place.

One thing they could do and I have seen this in another game with open world pvp (full open world not faction based) was players received a special buff that until they reached a certain level and unless they attached first people 2 levels higher could not attack them. 

Here it would be slightly more difficult because of the fact that you are constantly in a state of war, but if it was really bad something similar could be implemented. Cause it is annoying being a level 20 doing a faction quest and a level 45 is camping the respawn point 1 shotting you before you fully respawn. My little group now does these quest in a mass PT just to try and survive. 

If you're a level 20 doing a faction quest, and a level 45 is camping it, calling for help in Faction.  If no help comes, skip it and keep leveling freely in a different uniform.

Why do you have to always be able to complete your contested quests?

he says he was 1 vs 8 against level 38. i am pretty sure he started a fight......or one of his friends lol

i wear Elite clothes (its pretty much say u are maxed level) at level 45 doing beach and still low levels try to gang me ..... while they dont do anything when being alone. well there was a sin who tried solo me as BM but after body switch he got 1  combo destreyed

Archived