"it's only 40 copper"

BestCatGirl

you will get 4 silver from killing 10 monsters in quests that give you 4 silver for killing monsters and completing the quest that's already 8 silver. now do various quests that tell you to kill many monsters and you will get 1 gold in no time. once you finish all the quests you can still get money by farming monsters which is completely p2w since other players wont be able to make money as efficiently. yes i can't say it's unfair that players who get their parents to buy them premium get more advantages but getting completely *cricket*ed just because i don't pay is just bad. 

And before you say "lol stop playing" i'll probably do it soon since i'm already getting bored of this game.

btw the number of copper that i'm talking about that you get is for high level not low.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BestCatGirl said:

you will get 4 silver from killing monsters in quests that give you 4 silver for killing 10 monsters and completing the quest that's already 8 silver. now do various quests that tell you to kill many monsters and you will get 1 gold in no time. once you finish all the quests you can still get money by farming monsters which is completely p2w since other players wont be able to make money as efficiently. yes i can't say it's unfair that players who get their parents to buy them premium get more advantages but getting completely *cricket*ed just because i don't pay is just bad. 

And before you say "lol stop playing" i'll probably do it soon since i'm already getting bored of this game.

Getting more money is not p2w per say cause you can get money elsewhere, like daylies. Its only pay to go faster. BTW i dont know any monster that will give you 4 silver with premium. With premium you get like 50 yo 80 copper from monster in a dungeon.

Just now, jvalex said:

Getting more money is not p2w per say cause you can get money elsewhere, like daylies. Its only pay to go faster.

it's p2w because who has more money has more gear and the rest who don't have the chance to be as rich will just get *cricket*ed in pvp.

Just now, BestCatGirl said:

it's p2w because who has more money has more gear and the rest who don't have the chance to be as rich will just get *cricket*ed in pvp.

Lol in arena PVP all stat are normalized so gear doesnt matter. For the other gear like breakthroug material you can get it in chest, no need to bid.

Being real here. It's a shame that that is the case, but very few companies can survive on a non-pay2advantage model. With Blade and Soul, you get the experience the fun combat, at the price of being flat broke. You can pay some money to remove the brokeness, otherwise, you'll have to trade time in the form of crafting materials by selling to others. But you'll still end up behind.

I haven't spent a cent on anything that was not cosmetic. I'm only level 17 but I'm doing fine. If I find myself really strapped for cash, I'll just end up buying premium service.

2 minutes ago, Unskilled banana said:

This isn't a charity game... Why do you expect to get same treatment than the paying customers?

It's like you walk to a mc donalds and wonder why everyone else gets food but I who hasn't paid anything am left empty handed.

Free Ketchup !!!!

15 minutes ago, BestCatGirl said:

not if you want to battle other players with your faction outfit

You catch up to premium players in terms of relative power in less than a week depending on what server you're on. If you're grinding mobs for cash you're doing it wrong. 

I won't go much about whether the complain is legitimate or not - I think that business model we have here has its ups and downs and I think also that it's downright disturbing how complex it is (10 levels of premium, dozens of micro-benefits instead of 1-2 simple advantages, hongmoon coins, nc coins, upgrading membership, not being able to buy membership as an independent service and so on and so forth).

But regardless of it all, it seems to me that the term p2w is thrown around too lightly. I have yet to see a mechanical clear cut combat advantage that is not achievable by f2p grind. Nobody said this model isn't p2notgrind or p2confort or p2progressfaster or p2getsmallerqueues etc.

But p2w? I can't see it - at least not yet. When I see a +1 axe in store which can't be bought with game currency, the we're talking.

And yes, I know it's often a thin line, but it's actually not that thin. The only thing I see about the OP is the need to grind more or invest more time. Not the fact that there's an unobtainable item with stats or something. And if you thought you'll be playing a mmorpg (which is a big factor, as it pretty much excludes the dota 2 approach, as dota is static, mmorpg's are based on progression and that is the path they take when choosing the f2p model - "quality of life" perks for premium players) with no time-based/grind-based/convenienve-based benefits for premium players, I don't know what to say, really.

I've played A LOT of games where you CAN'T progress as much as a paying player - with emphasis on "can't". Not "it's horribly hard and draining", no. CAN'T. As in, a +1 axe is 4 gold pieces, but a +2 axe is ten dollars and ten dollars only. Period. THAT is a clear cut p2w model. This isn't. It's normal for f2p players to grind more and have it harder overall in order to push them into going premium, that's nothing new.

7 minutes ago, Asuka said:

I won't go much about whether the complain is legitimate or not - I think that business model we have here has its ups and downs and I think also that it's downright disturbing how complex it is (10 levels of premium, dozens of micro-benefits instead of 1-2 simple advantages, hongmoon coins, nc coins, upgrading membership, not being able to buy membership as an independent service and so on and so forth).

But regardless of it all, it seems to me that the term p2w is thrown around too lightly. I have yet to see a mechanical clear cut combat advantage that is not achievable by f2p grind. Nobody said this model isn't p2notgrind or p2confort or p2progressfaster or p2getsmallerqueues etc.

But p2w? I can't see it - at least not yet. When I see a +1 axe in store which can't be bought with game currency, the we're talking.

And yes, I know it's often a thin line, but it's actually not that thin. The only thing I see about the OP is the need to grind more or invest more time. Not the fact that there's an unobtainable item with stats or something. And if you thought you'll be playing a mmorpg (which is a big factor, as it pretty much excludes the dota 2 approach, as dota is static, mmorpg's are based on progression and that is the path they take when choosing the f2p model - "quality of life" perks for premium players) with no time-based/grind-based/convenienve-based benefits for premium players, I don't know what to say, really.

I've played A LOT of games where you CAN'T progress as much as a paying player - with emphasis on "can't". Not "it's horribly hard and draining", no. CAN'T. As in, a +1 axe is 4 gold pieces, but a +2 axe is ten dollars and ten dollars only. Period. THAT is a clear cut p2w model. This isn't. It's normal for f2p players to grind more and have it harder overall in order to push them into going premium, that's nothing new.

From what I played I see no Pay to win anywhere you can say go to the market and buy the best gear in the game and have it say "Oh please give me 10$ to get this weapon"  You can get like 3-4 gold a day from just doing blackram (and not the low level the 45 zone) and some odd silver.  If you think this game is pay to win you are so wrong most mobile games are Pay to win but some are pay to advance or pay to go faster.  

to sum it up this game is not way to win just pay to advance (i really do want to see the saying Pay to win go it is so dumb now days)  

For got to add this Much like he said

2 minutes ago, Asuka said:

I actually second this, if you do not mind i throw something in here, i was a former FF14ARR/HW player, and i paid the monthly sub, and the time you had to spend to get end-game gear was just ridiculous (Coils, EX Primals, Alexander, Weekly seals caps etc.), ofc in Blade & Soul since its >>>Totally Free<<< to own, they have to make the money somewhere, and taxing the non-paying player with more work is kinda balanced if you think about it.

for a fck sake not another  brainless post.Buy 1 week premium and test u theaory out farming mobs...... srsly after 3 h runing and chasing  mobs 1 by 1  who drop rate is 30% chanse to drop a bronze coins.Yes bronze coins not a silver,no mob gives u 1 silver and then talk a shit about it ..... i do better dungeons(i earned once 10g in 1 run-tnx bidding system :D :D)  than mindlesly and boringly farm a mob for a cooper coins,meh i dont have eternity to live .srsly i earn like 10s tnx to this by doing dailys. You know how we earn money?we have been at school when they teached economics and marketing.I feel soory for u all plebs bitching about every thing .....

51 minutes ago, BestCatGirl said:

you will get 4 silver from killing 10 monsters in quests that give you 4 silver for killing monsters and completing the quest that's already 8 silver. now do various quests that tell you to kill many monsters and you will get 1 gold in no time. once you finish all the quests you can still get money by farming monsters which is completely p2w since other players wont be able to make money as efficiently. yes i can't say it's unfair that players who get their parents to buy them premium get more advantages but getting completely *cricket*ed just because i don't pay is just bad. 

btw the number of copper that i'm talking about that you get is for high level not low.

All I hear is another person ticked off that F2P players dont get the same benefits as the people you pay the premium subscription. Stop expecting something for nothing. Support the game by paying a sub and get the small benefits provided. Other wise enjoy the game and the things you buy from the store. Whining will get you nowhere.

1 minute ago, ZeroCore said:

I actually second this, if you do not mind i throw something in here, i was a former FF14ARR/HW player, and i paid the monthly sub, and the time you had to spend to get end-game gear was just ridiculous (Coils, EX Primals, Alexander, Weekly seals caps etc.), ofc in Blade & Soul since its >>>Totally Free<<< to own, they have to make the money somewhere, and taxing the non-paying player with more work is kinda balanced if you think about it.

I actually like pay to play model the most. It has no moot points by design, it has less bots and spammers and generally people want to get the best out of their playing time because, well, they did pay for it. In f2p games you can often meet more trolls and such who can go to the point of permaban because it doesn't matter much to them. I am aware though that the p2p model has become the least able to lure players in numbers.

I enjoyed ff14 thoroughly. For me, a grind is a releative thing. If a game is, let's say, grindy, but everyone is in the same boat, well, then that's the trait of the game and people might like it or not like it. I felt very, how to say it, "secure" in ff14. And it was one of those games where you log in and "do stuff", its crafting is ridiculously good. I could fish for hours, I never thought any game would make me want to do that:)

f2p models for me always have moot points - a strong term, but by that I mean, for example, what I've said in my previous post - the whole complexity of the store, premium membership, unclear tooltips about benefits, no "full premium" (as in, one that emulates a p2p membership), it's all in small, numerous chunks and one can get lost in that kind of system.

But yeah, I see nothing in bns that is p2w, people are misusing the term to mark any advantage whatsoever. To add to that, premium perks aren't exactly godlike and are more sensational when one reads them than when experienced.

They are paying here the kids(err teens) like few euro/hour to help customers packing ther stuff in the supermarket...a 16 years old teen can make for few month worth of Premium in just a single day on a work...packing....srsly? You should be ashamed of yourself if you can't afford $10 per month.

1 minute ago, Asuka said:

I actually like pay to play model the most. It has no moot points by design, it has less bots and spammers and generally people want to get the best out of their playing time because, well, they did pay for it. In f2p games you can often meet more trolls and such who can go to the point of permaban because it doesn't matter much to them. I am aware though that the p2p model has become the least able to lure players in numbers.

I enjoyed ff14 thoroughly. For me, a grind is a releative thing. If a game is, let's say, grindy, but everyone is in the same boat, well, then that's the trait of the game and people might like it or not like it. I felt very, how to say it, "secure" in ff14. And it was one of those games where you log in and "do stuff", its crafting is ridiculously good. I could fish for hours, I never thought any game would make me want to do that:)

f2p models for me always have moot points - a strong term, but by that I mean, for example, what I've said in my previous post - the whole complexity of the store, premium membership, unclear tooltips about benefits, no "full premium" (as in, one that emulates a p2p membership), it's all in small, numerous chunks and one can get lost in that kind of system.

But yeah, I see nothing in bns that is p2w, people are misusing the term to mark any advantage whatsoever. To add to that, premium perks aren't exactly godlike and are more sensational when one reads them than when experienced.

Oke lets admit that the Premium here is really ''complex'' but as i said, people nowadays wants stuff for free and fast, and not wanting to work for it. i mean, there are NO items that give you like a Me>You advantage in the store, maybe they give you better crafting CD's and stuff. but as YOU said no <Legendary Axe of Orbit Strike+16> that is not obtain-able in the game.

Paying to speed up the grind is not pay to win. Pay to win is when you pay money to gain advantages such as better gear/stats. Access to content that free players cannot such as access to an area that is better for farming etc... Pay to win is when you literally get destroyed by a player who pays no matter what you do. In PvP (arena) everything is fair and based on your skill/ping. As far as open world PvP goes... well if you are under the level of the player attacking you or have worse gear than them you will prob lose... (i don't dabble in open world so dunno). 

Archived