Jump to content
Forums

SOLVED!!! BLADE AND SOUL LET US USE Lower Ping Programs! !!SOLVED!!


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Kabraxis said:

Make sure you've thrown up a thread in WTFast's support/forums as well.  Often when a game updates, third party software will stop working until it can be tweaked to work with the new update.  This could be as simple as changing the version registered by the game client.

 

In any case, you should probably not expect NCSoft to troubleshoot any VPN issues you're having.

The problem isnt on Wtfast End or any VPN per say ,Im taking a wild guess that the problem is due to Gameguard that sees Wtfast or any other VPN as a Third Program . Gameguard isnt desined to make the difference between a VPN or a Hacking program because this probram is used mostly in korea or china/japan where the mmo's are region locked . If you live in China and play in china or if you live in korea and play on korean server you don't need a VPN to lower your ping because you're already very close to the game server so there is no reason for these player to use any program to lower their latency hense not having issues with their VPN being in conflict with gameguard. But unlike asia NA and Europe is far more large than korea or china which makes it common for us to use VPN to make the gameplay experience more enjoyable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What you just said is wrong on so many levels   First of all yes this is NA server and I am from NA but I still like to use VPN services to lower my ping and I shouldnt be held responsible f

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BATTLEPING  WORKING SINCE :| 00:15:00 |  28.01.2016| NO CRASHES! WTFAST : | - | - |DONT KNOW CAUSE I WILL NOT USE WTFAST ANYMORE- PING

Australian here. I use WTFast, the game is unplayable without it. And I mean literally unplayable. Without it I get 500ms, with it I get 190-220. That's how bad the routing is from this side of the wo

22 minutes ago, Blossom said:

Hime the problem isnt that we're scared of being locked or banned , the problem now is that the new patch makes the client to crash if you're using any type of VPN Program to reduce the latency , I use Wtfast as well usualy and im from canada which is part of the territory covered by the NA servers but still using these programs helps with stability a lot but right now Im not playing because I can'T use Wtfast and since the servers are located in texas its not pleasent to play with a higher ping.

 

When something is not supported it means NCSoft is not taking responsibility for how it interacts with their software, and they're not taking it into consideration when introducing patches and new features.  That means it may not always work and any problems VPN causes may not be fixed.  I'm sure the NCSoft rep here is attempting to be cordial and humor you, and maybe they will look into it a bit, but if I were you I wouldn't expect much.

Edited by Goji
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goji said:

 

When something is not supported it means NCSoft is not taking taking responsibility for how it interacts with their software, and they're not taking it into consideration when introducing patches and new features.  That means it may not always work and it may not be fixed.  I'm sure the NCSoft rep here is attempting to be cordial and humor you, and maybe they will look into it a bit, but if I were you I wouldn't expect much.

I know what (we do not support it) means but nonetheless NA and EU are large region to cover with only 1 server location for each region which makes it very probable that players are going to use such programs to lower their ping being far from the server location even living in the supported region . You don't have to lecture me about how Ncsoft works ive been playing Aion since the korean beta and when it was released in NA in 2009 and trust me that if they would make their game uncompatible with VPN more than 70% of the playerbase wouldnt play and its the same with BladeAndSoul because they are both fast pace game which requires a decent ping to play the game at a reasonable pace .

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blossom said:

The problem isnt on Wtfast End or any VPN per say ,Im taking a wild guess that the problem is due to Gameguard that sees Wtfast or any other VPN as a Third Program . Gameguard isnt desined to make the difference between a VPN or a Hacking program because this probram is used mostly in korea or china/japan where the mmo's are region locked . If you live in China and play in china or if you live in korea and play on korean server you don't need a VPN to lower your ping because you're already very close to the game server so there is no reason for these player to use any program to lower their latency hense not having issues with their VPN being in conflict with gameguard. But unlike asia NA and Europe is far more large than korea or china which makes it common for us to use VPN to make the gameplay experience more enjoyable.


Yet if WTFast wants to fix their product so that it works in these situations for their customers then they will have to deal with stuff like this.  If the problem is how game guard interacts with the VPN then they will probably know what function is causing the error.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter where you are, most people have shitty ping on this game.  I'm on EU, I have very good internet, I'm in the UK and I still get 150ms JUST like when I'm playing on NA.  Stupid right?

 

Then when I searched the entire list of IP's related to the client, every one of them is in the US.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kabraxis said:


Yet if WTFast wants to fix their product so that it works in these situations for their customers then they will have to deal with stuff like this.  If the problem is how game guard interacts with the VPN then they will probably know what function is causing the error.

I am not going to reply to you anymore because you do not have the required knowledge of how programing works to know how things like this works. You're that kind of people who thinks you can make anything works if you just pay them enough ..... WTFAST DEVLOPERS ARENT WIZARDS . Gameguard is desined so that no program that interacts with the game can be used  , I can't be any more clear than that .............. It wasnt implented in aion because it would cause problem for people who are using VPN .... Also WTFAST isnt the only program who makes the client crash its any VPN .... if you havent figured it out yet with all the well explained post I have put out there then im sorry but you're a lost cause .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HateMe said:

i am using WTFast and havent had any single DC and i am playing for 3 hours straight now.

I played for a few hours before it happened to me but once it happened then it wouldnt take more than 5 minutes into the game to make it crash again. Maybe you're just lucky Gameguard havent kicked you out yet .

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Blossom said:

I am not going to reply to you anymore because you do not have the required knowledge of how programing works to know how things like this works. You're that kind of people who thinks you can make anything works if you just pay them enough ..... WTFAST DEVLOPERS ARENT WIZARDS . Gameguard is desined so that no program that interacts with the game can be used  , I can't be any more clear than that .............. It wasnt implented in aion because it would cause problem for people who are using VPN .... Also WTFAST isnt the only program who makes the client crash its any VPN .... if you havent figured it out yet with all the well explained post I have put out there then im sorry but you're a lost cause .

 

Lol?  The reason why game guard was removed after Aion's launch is because it was flat out refusing to let half of the player base play the game.  I wasn't using a VPN and I could not log into the game.  So don't make up stuff in the heat of your rage just to make it look worse than it actually is.

 

There are people with WTFast who are still able to log in and play fine.  Which means there is either a version issue, like I said, or a setting issue, like I said.  WTFast is WTFast's product, so they know best how to tweak it to get past these things.

 

Seriously calm down lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You cant blame me. Here in the Philippines the fastest connection we can get from our ISP is 15MB so really using WTFast is one of our best option. Im regularyly at 230-260 but when using WTFast im at 160-190 see the difference? It may not be huge for other people but for us, it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since GameGuard essentially works like a rootkit, players may experience unintended and potentially unwanted side effects. Since the game's process cannot be stopped from the task manager, if the protected game has an infinite loop or hangs in any way, it is effectively impossible to close without logging out or restarting the computer. This is even more frustrating since GameGuard checks if it is already running on the game's launch and does not permit the player to start a new instance in such cases. If set, GameGuard blocks any installation or activation of hardware and peripherals (e.g., a mouse) while the program is running. Since GameGuard monitors any changes in the computer's memory, it will cause performance issues when the protected game loads multiple or large resources all at once .

 

with that being said Gameguard will close the game (it May or may not happen) if the VPN is in use , it doesnt matter if its WTFAST or Battleping ... This has been only hapening since the new patch released this morning tho .

 

I also said "Im taking a wild guess" which means im not saying im 100% sure that the issue comes from using a VPN but knowing how gameguard is very sensitive to program that interact with the game , i can say that its more likely going to be the issue here . Im happy that BnS has gameguard because I hate cheaters but if its going to bring a bagage of trouble then its better to not hate it at all .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hime said:

You can use WTFast, but it is a use at your own risk as we do not official support it.

Could you elaborate for me here, as an official word, what "We do not officially support it" means?

Is it  

1. "If your game crashes or can't connect while using it, it's none of our business"

2. "If you fall under a ban sweep because of it, we won't unban you as it's none of our business" ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Could you elaborate for me here, as an official word, what "We do not officially support it" means?

Is it  

1. "If your game crashes or can't connect while using it, it's none of our business"

2. "If you fall under a ban sweep because of it, we won't unban you as it's none of our business" ?

 

There's absolutely no way it could possibly mean number 2 if she's telling you you can use it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

Could you elaborate for me here, as an official word, what "We do not officially support it" means?

Is it  

1. "If your game crashes or can't connect while using it, it's none of our business"

2. "If you fall under a ban sweep because of it, we won't unban you as it's none of our business" ?

My account was locked because of Wtfast I beleive so I had to send a ticket to get it fix and they told me that its at my own risk to use Wtfast or any VPN services . They will not ban you for using it that is 100% sure. But they can't elaborate what "We do not support it" means and I think its because for exemple (you use a program like wtfast and the developer of wtfast is a scammer who steals information and hacks your account and gets you banned) That's what they mean I beleive when they say they do not support it . Since they are not partner with VPN services they can't take responsability if something happenes to your account because of the program but they won't ban you for using it as long as it stays in the "ping reducing" purposes if you understand what I mean .

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Teisho said:

 

There's absolutely no way it could possibly mean number 2 if she's telling you you can use it.

Logically, yes, but I'd really like to see it written out by Hime per fact so I could refer to that post if ever comes a need, instead of vague "we don't support" and "your own risk" statements.

Edited by Enhance
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 899846_1452550652 said:

pingazzper works?

 

Alot better than WTFast (for me) My ping is around 270, with WTFast it goes to around 190.  Using Pingzapper it goes to 155  - 160 max, plus: 

  • Clean UI
  • No adds at all
  • Cheaper
  • Doesn't fake ping (WTFast does it sometimes) 

But pingzapper is now with the same problem. Disconnect/crash after 1 min in game.

Its pure unpleasant to play without ping reducer 

(srry for Italienglish)

Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is that game companies frown on services like WTFAST because they are frequently used by spammers to avoid IP detection.  All it takes is a cheap WTFAST account, and they can continue to create unlimited numbers of spam bot accounts. 

 

Does that suck for some foreign players?  Yeah, but if it cuts the number of spammer/gold seller accounts, I'm all for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Binkie said:

My understanding is that game companies frown on services like WTFAST because they are frequently used by spammers to avoid IP detection.  All it takes is a cheap WTFAST account, and they can continue to create unlimited numbers of spam bot accounts. 

 

Does that suck for some foreign players?  Yeah, but if it cuts the number of spammer/gold seller accounts, I'm all for it. 

That's actually pretty cool to know.
Hopefully there'll maybe be more servers around the world for players in different locations though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HalpMeh said:

That's actually pretty cool to know.
Hopefully there'll maybe be more servers around the world for players in different locations though.

Not really the best solution either. And it won't help against bots as much as it would make the players uncomfortable.

 

It's more that NCSoft don't want to spend effort on optimizing the game for those applications, and don't want to take responsibility if some of those apps steal the traffic/account data/whatnot. They will also not provide support in configuring those apps and won't especially change their servers to optimize vpn connections.

I doubt it's a "we hate vpns" stance, it's more of a "do it yourself if you want" stance, as far as I understand it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't support WTFast which means, if there's a problem with the game running with it, then there's nothing NC can do about it. And...this game is the NA/EU version of the game...perhaps these SEA/OCE petitions should be directed to the owner's of the game...aka the korean devs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Liinxy locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...