I will TELL you why people buy from gold sellers

NimbleVolunteer

Banning the sale of gold is like banning the sale of drugs. It might seem like its doing something but to be honest it really isn't. You need to stop the problem at its source. People buy gold because there is a perceived need for it. 

Why is that? Because just to be able to pve, you need to do open world pvp and grind endlessly in the opposite faction until you get the soul shield. 

Just to be able to do that, you need good equipment. And while the early levels awards transformation stones for surveys and grants you the gold you need from doing quests, at lvl 45, you need to farm for a ridiculous amount of time just to advance your equipment. 

Solution: Make more than one way to get good equipment. 

MMO design, especially PvE/OW advancement, takes time.  In some cases, you can convert that time into money that you spend to instantly get the materials you need.  If you made currency useless, then you wouldn't need Gold Sellers, but as long as whatever you need is trade-able, someone will farm for it and offer to give it to you for real dollars.

The market is going to always exist unless everything is Bind-on-Acquire in the game.  That's just life.

Also, "grinding" in an MMO is playing the MMO.  If you don't like to grind, you don't like to play, so what are you doing here.  No matter what you do in any game, if you do it long enough it's going to feel repetitive.  Kick back and enjoy it, or find a new hobby, because that isn't going to change.

+1 about grinding = playing but i would like to add 1 thing, quoting that "grinding"

"Grind Endlessy the opposite faction npc"

Man really? Took me 3 hours around 4 to make the full shield + the faction coat.

Ok i'm a destroyer, everytime bosses spawn i spam Q and gg wp. Maybe another class may have some difficulties to spam aoe skills, i personally don't know but call that "Endlessy grind" it's ridicolous.

There are games where after 1 year of grinding/farming/exping you are not even at level cap xD

We are talking of a max 1 night of farm to end.

Haha, after I posted I did my own grind to get the SS, and it was also roughly 3-4 hours total.  I had to split it up because Ceru dominates almost every channel for most of the day every day on Poh, but I was pleasantly surprised how little time it required.

Honestly, the best part of getting good equipment is to work your butt off for it. Sure they're easier solutions to making it easier with online purchases in a typical mmo probably here too. But those gold bots are not one way and your point was not strong enough. They can't even mail you if they could because of the Ncoin first time purchase to mail but probably trade. Anyway, they're already trying to deal with the problem as is and its really minimized and can be done. Don't know who brought this thread up some more.

On 1/27/2016 at 1:52 PM, NimbleVolunteer said:

Banning the sale of gold is like banning the sale of drugs

also, this isn't true, they don't just blurt out in the spam message like gold sellers do. You may have your own perspective of the game but others love the game too.

13 minutes ago, Bloodsteam said:

CN servers u can buy gold directly from the store 1g=1rmb

From other players and any gold sellers actually selling. You're suppose to be able to do that here too from what the Prem article shows:

Increased Currency Exchange Sell Slots

S*: 10

D*: 10

the best thing would be:

1: make gold untradeble aka account bound.

2: bidding on dungeons would make the gold bid "dissapear" and award the rest of the party with a set amount of currency depending on the sold item.

3: make AH in the same manner, the seller would always get a set price for his sale, and the buyer would be the one with the highest bid on it.

i think that would basically remove gold sellers ;)

there is likely a better solution, i just came up with this in like 1minute while being extremely high, so yer should definately be possible ^^

but you are completely right, the problem is that people feel it is needed or it gives a huge advantage to buy gold and therefore they do so.

making a system where either you can't be given gold, OR that gold have no value for the very endgame gear (meaning the endgame stuff has no link to gold in anyway and amount of gold will never decrease the time to gain that super endgame gear), is the right way to go

21 minutes ago, Bloodsteam said:

CN servers u can buy gold directly from the store 1g=1rmb

they are introducing that to our servers as well, as soon as the market stabilized they said... 100% P2W.

one more reason to go play "another game" (can't mention names because then i will get banned again -.- fking ridiculess moderators)

I haven't bought all of my stones and have a true profane staff from just doing my dailies and selling soulstones.  It really isn't that hard seeing as the game isn't very demanding when it comes to monetary requirements.  The only thing you need to spend money on is silver for windstriding and unsealing charms, which in the scheme of things is nothing.

If you want to buy gold for real money, and that gold comes from NCSoft/the publisher itself and your money goes towards the game, GO FOR IT.  However, buying illegal gold from gold sellers because you're too lazy to work for your shit is pathetic.  It ruins the economy of the game forcing prices up.  The more money people have to spend, the more prices will rise and the more it will become an illegal pay2win.  It happened with Aion, anyone from the Siel server should know that.  

Also, buying gold in other countries is legal because the company selling the gold is officially sponsored by BnS and does not make gold by using illegal third party software.

45 minutes ago, Tjaranis said:

they are introducing that to our servers as well, as soon as the market stabilized they said... 100% P2W.

one more reason to go play "another game" (can't mention names because then i will get banned again -.- fking ridiculess moderators)

What exactly do you win if you pay money to buy things like Transfer stones on the AH?  You win the gear race, so you have less of a reason to play the game?  Or you win OWPvP because you have better gear?  I might accept the OWPvP angle, if only OWPvP was encouraged.  Instead, channel-claiming is encouraged, and PvP is actually avoided in most cases from what I can tell.

13 hours ago, Tjaranis said:

I really hope they allow us to buy gold straight from them soon, it would make a lot of things easier. I've been so tempted to buy gold from one of those websites but I love my characters too much that I wouldn't risk getting banned ; - ;

On 30/1/2016 at 5:41 AM, Plutia said:

I really hope they allow us to buy gold straight from them soon, it would make a lot of things easier. I've been so tempted to buy gold from one of those websites but I love my characters too much that I wouldn't risk getting banned ; - ;

-.- NO....

if you need to BUY ingame gold the entire design about gold is shit and flawed and should be fixed.....

it is ridiculess and stupid beyound belief to simply say "well just let as buy it directly with RL cash".....

why not do the same with EVERY other element of the progression? lvls, skills, quest completions, ranking, area ownership etc? why not sell everything in cash shop then?....

it is pathetic when cash shops sells stuff which can translated to ingame power.... it just proofs a broken design made by people that didnt think it through.

On February 2, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Tjaranis said:

-.- NO....

if you need to BUY ingame gold the entire design about gold is shit and flawed and should be fixed.....

it is ridiculess and stupid beyound belief to simply say "well just let as buy it directly with RL cash".....

why not do the same with EVERY other element of the progression? lvls, skills, quest completions, ranking, area ownership etc? why not sell everything in cash shop then?....

it is pathetic when cash shops sells stuff which can translated to ingame power.... it just proofs a broken design made by people that didnt think it through.

Well I wouldn't care for the option of buying your way through levels, skills, quests, etc. The only reason I wanted to be able to buy gold is solely so I can customize the appearance of my cat as it only takes coins. The same reason why most people spend real money on NCoin, to enhance/personalize their appearance. If they would give an option to change my cat's appearance with NCoin I would do that instead :-/

With dailies now there is no reason to complain about Gold we get enough of it as it is.

E. Fleet Dailies - 4 Gold

Blackshade Dailies - 5 Gold

Supply Chain Dungeon - 1 gold

Bloodshade Dungeon - 1 gold

Faction Moonwater Dailies - 4 Gold

Working the Auction House via Moonwater Transformation Stones / Soulstones / Moonwater Tear - endless Gold ... 

So anyone who thinks .. we need Gold to purchase .. you guys are just lazy as shit .. point blank.

On 2/12/2016 at 5:20 AM, karum said:

Isn´t that actually like little bit over 2 Gold per day?

No it is about 4 gold from E.Fleet and the other 24 man give 5 gold .. the faction daily one i probably over shot a bit but it gives you enough to be worth since you also get Soulstones which is another form of Currency within the game.

On 1/27/2016 at 10:52 AM, NimbleVolunteer said:

Banning the sale of gold is like banning the sale of drugs. It might seem like its doing something but to be honest it really isn't. You need to stop the problem at its source. People buy gold because there is a perceived need for it. 

Why is that? Because just to be able to pve, you need to do open world pvp and grind endlessly in the opposite faction until you get the soul shield. 

Just to be able to do that, you need good equipment. And while the early levels awards transformation stones for surveys and grants you the gold you need from doing quests, at lvl 45, you need to farm for a ridiculous amount of time just to advance your equipment. 

and this is why they ban anyone who gets a unreasonable amount of gold at any given time without getting it from the market and the ban is automatic no one looks for the people the system is set to ban anyone who gets gold that way be default so good luck with that

On 1/27/2016 at 1:52 PM, NimbleVolunteer said:

You don't have to get the pvp soulshield. There are better options in the game that have alot less defensive stats and better offensive stats.

Archived