Dirty Player Names

Catgravy

4 hours ago, Xenosaga said:

You don't understand why some players choose strange names:
- most names are taken they want (no other choice)

- so they will try use extra chars to get the name

- or are super-lazy and because f2p they dont care about name... even with shitty name, they can play at least!

- some players likes trolling and joking because game is adult mmo, it's possible you will see some dirty names... only for fun and troll.

It's indeed not great to see stupid names, but what can we do about it if good names are taken already?

True... there are names that I would like to use that are taken. But it doesn't take much of an imagination to come up with another name. I use city names that seem cool. Or add a color to the end of the name. Plus in this game, you can use spaces.

To be fair, one of the name examples in the Original post ( idntfckwithu ) could be taken as "I don't mess with you." It doesn't necessarily have to imply procreation.
The other ones were... Eh....

Personally, I just get a little giggle and move on if I see weird names, whether inappropriate or not.

Just now, Sigma081 said:

Wow, you got so offended you replied to me twice. That's like double butthurt haha. I guess I shouldn't expect much from a jar head. MARINE - Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Expected

Whatever you say echoeagle3...

You realize this is just my forum name right? Its not the names of my characters, or did that not get through your skull?

2 minutes ago, Sigma081 said:

Wow, you got so offended you replied to me twice. That's like double butthurt haha. I guess I shouldn't expect much from a jar head. MARINE - Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Expected

Whatever you say echoeagle3...

You're so freaking stupid you don't even realize that I commented on each one of your lame posts. I didn't comment twice on the same post. What branch did you say you served? Oh yea... I forgot... your mommy pulled you out of Cub Scouts because it was too tough for you.

Honestly, I don't see the issue with this. Sure they're lowbrow, and immature names, but the entire game aesthetic is based around impossible, and disfigured physiques (your back does not arch like that normally, and the proportions are just out the window) and a crapload of sexualization. I think it's a bit ridiculous to assume the "children" playing these games will be affected by inappropriate names, when the game content itself is inappropriate (nudity, plenty of adult themes). 

1 minute ago, James199 said:

Honestly, I don't see the issue with this. Sure they're lowbrow, and immature names, but the entire game aesthetic is based around impossible, and disfigured physiques (your back does not arch like that normally, and the proportions are just out the window) and a crapload of sexualization. I think it's a bit ridiculous to assume the "children" playing these games will be affected by inappropriate names, when the game content itself is inappropriate (nudity, plenty of adult themes). 

And why do you think nudity and adult themes are inappropriate?

3 minutes ago, echoeagle3 said:

And why do you think nudity and adult themes are inappropriate?

I don't; but if you're blasting the playerbase for vulgar player names then I think you're missing the bigger picture. 

Edit: Obviously I don't take issue if I decide to play the game. 

4 hours ago, Zeborah76 said:

this game is for 18+ so be ready for some dirty things 

this game have already very sexy female with jiggly boobs and very nude gear 

and if your way underage then its your mistake to play in a game that is for 18+ 

First off, scroll down and you'll see that B&S is rated M (Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up), not AO (Content suitable only for adults ages 18 and up).  There's a big difference between the two. Also, in Korea it's only 15+ now, since they changed the appearance of blood.

Consider also that ESO is also rated M, and people don't use that as an excuse for the kinds of names that OP mentions (and, let's face it, those names are junior high school level, not "mature") or chat out of an adult video comment section. In movie terms, M is R-rated, not X-rated. It's not even NC-17 rated.

Second, the ESRB/PEGI rating is for the game content. It doesn't regulate player activity. That's regulated by the Rules of Conduct, and the names that OP is complaining about are in violation of the RoC.

Well there is a profanity filter for a reason.  Yes it should be against policy to bypass the filter.  Sorta reminds me of the leggo mmo that got shutdown because they couldn't stop old men from building huge wieners. 

On the bright side looking at some names you know straight away who to have or not to have in your clan or partys, these names are a give away of the players age and maturity and if they can be taken seriously or not and i'm sure alot of others think that, so they might think they are funny for now but in the end having a obscure or immature name will in the end be there own misfortune. 

the games 'rating' does not matter, these are offensive and are not 'names, they are deliberately altered to still be obvious what it is meant to say, I also think players with names that are offensive to others or are as immature as the ones mentioned above should be reported and NC should be doing something about it, I'm sure there is something in the ToS they are breaking as well, being told to rename or delete there character would make them grow up fast and the 'joke' would be on them.

Yeaaah, it's silly, but there's nothing really to be done about it. I can't really say much since the core game already seems to be encouraging perversion with the character and outfit designs.

Have you seen character profiles? There's already animated nude/chest pics in avatars, too, for some people. Eh. xD Not much to do about it, but ignore it. I've heard of some people getting banned for the pictures, so they may start cracking down on names. Doubt it. They have much bigger problems to deal with.

Archived