150ms latency on EU Server what's goin on?

MILKfix

I went to support for high CPU issues and disconnects on taking portals now and then and they ofcourse didn't fix it so I gave up. However their 12 "standard auto" replies (90% based on internet connection) gave me some info regarding this one as they let me do a pingplotter.

They said that the server IP's for game are as follow:

North America: 64.25.35.100

Europe: 206.127.148.16

However, if I do a tracert based on the European target server it says "target network not available" at hop 10. Before that all is till 30 ping towards and incl Frankfurt, Germany.

I just checked my ping based on the Source Control in Task Manager and I have client.exe processes with latency from 130 all the way to 300ms. My location is The Netherlands, 15 minutes from German border. My ping for other MMO's based on German servers are only 15-30ms ping.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Aaralyna said:

My ping for other MMO's based on German servers are only 15-30ms ping.

Yup, pretty much same here ;) and not only MMO's but other games too like CSGO and stuff... never over 50ms anywere.

They said that the server IP's for game are as follow:

North America: 64.25.35.100

Europe: 206.127.148.16

Sorry brother but they're lying.

206.127.148.16 is not EU Germany, it is located in Austin Texas.

https://www.iplocation.net/

Check it

Blatantly lying to users lol good job NC West, I hope you didn't gave them 1 cent of your money.

Why has NCSoft not responded to this issue yet? For every person who posts there will be hundreds more who don't, PvP is completely unplayable in this game. I'm based in the UK and i pay a high amount for the fastest consumer connection available. What is the going on and what is being done to fix it? Why am I connecting to Texas servers?

IP Address Country Region City ISP
206.127.149.29 United States us.gif Texas Austin Nc Interactive Inc.

Hello there. This is a message for the NCSoft team.

Few days ago, I was about to spend some cash in the game, to support the game.

But since, I experienced in-game lags. Well, there were some lag spikes previously, but ... this is getting worse.

As a KFM, it's unplayable in PVP (and quite "meh" in PVE).  So... I changed my mind.

I don't know if the european server is really located in Austin. And I don't care, to be honest.

All I would like, if it is possible, is to play this game in a enjoyable state, without getting frustrated because of the lag.

Servers can be wherever you want, on the Moon or in a parallel dimension... just please provide a lag-free experience.

The combat system is one of this game strenght, as it relies on players' reactivity... but with this latency issue, this strength is a weakness.

I hope you'll hear our complains and manage to fix this issue. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Could we actually get a response from the team about it? It's insane; what are we supposed to do, the whole Europe except the chosen few should play Warlock/Summoner?

I usually have under 40ms in Europe when playing other online games; at this point I'll gladly take even <100ms.

Like Psykhae said, I don't care if they make the servers on the Moon, just make it work. You released the game in Europe, now make it playable for Europe!

Simple answer : they don't have servers ready for the EU players and this game its unplayable for most of us .I seen ppls complaining about same topic over and over again -yet we have dust in the eyes .Least for me ,i don't pay for a bad service ,and this its one of them.Stop opening your wallets and check the reaction after ? 

i really would want this game work ,yet its not .I would pay sub ,as i did for Wildstar : yet there o got tired of the table reseting my points wherever i do a contract ,lag and disconnects ,doing dungeon for 1 h and getting no loot because DC in last boss...I am disappointed once again and really seems we cannot get a good stabile service for BnS.Its a very good game ,its beautiful ,its fun.Yet its unplayabile .And the company does not seem to care for even offering an answer to this,refusing to admit the problem its general one ,not a particular one. (sorry for my english ,i am not a native)

I think we deserve an official statement regarding the issues we're experiencing. If enough people post, we'll at least get that.
It's pure bullshit what they're doing. If you don't have the necessary infrastructure to make it work, don't publish/release it in Europe as a working product!

• 5 months later...

I am having the same issue :(:(

I just became a big fan of Tower of Infinity, however the 150ms delay as a person who has fiber network from Sweden is really frustrating.
I would love to invest more in this game and i really appreciate the regular update NCsoft is working on. Improved ping would be a huge improvement to the quality of life and i think it would be much better at keeping new players in continuing playing the game and explore pvp and late game content.

Im located in the US and its unplayable for many of us here as well. No ping issues until we enter pvp arena or cross-server. Pingplotter shows some hops jump from 27 to 500+.

WTFast made the game playable but free trial ran out and its hard to justify paying money to make a game work as it should.

Best thing we can do is submit support tickets since no one at BnS reads forums. and for whales to quit forking cash over to them until they fix their server issues.

8 hours ago, Jackiesaysya said:

Im located in the US and its unplayable for many of us here as well. No ping issues until we enter pvp arena or cross-server. Pingplotter shows some hops jump from 27 to 500+.

WTFast made the game playable but free trial ran out and its hard to justify paying money to make a game work as it should.

Best thing we can do is submit support tickets since no one at BnS reads forums. and for whales to quit forking cash over to them until they fix their server issues.

Actually...here is some food for thought:

All WTFast and other ping programs do is they connect you to a server via a different connection than you normally would.

That being said, you have a high ping very likely your ISP is the cause and the route they use to connect to the server.

WTFast changes that route and that gives you a better connection.

Instead of connecting through say servers A, B, C to get to the gameserver, WTFast connects you via Servers X, Y, Z which is more stable and better latency.

You should do a traceroute to the server first and see where it spikes up before blaming ncsoft as in most cases its the isp and not game servers.

In the end if u really wanna play this game just buy WTFast or Pingzapper premium, if you are like me (and don't give a sh1t about a game that doesn't give a sh1t about you then don't and move to a better game when it comes out) And most important DO NOT SPEND any money pls stop this madness if they want us to pay at least give us EU(actually "working" servers) and ffs stop LYING to the players... Deceiving bastards.

They Failed to deliver good performance (playable/comfortable/lag free etc...) and competitive PVP experience. Just get this Idea in your heads
They don't care as long as they get the money, just move on because they just wanna bleed your wallets... and you just have to do a little math to see how much 50€ gives you ingame? almost nothing?

See easy how much did you spent in the game was it worth it?

Do you feel like you got what you paid for?

Archived