150ms latency on EU Server what's goin on?

MILKfix

21 minutes ago, Wickysmall said:

Maybe they have servers in Germany but from what we can see on our side, that's not where we are going. They already stated that the Auction House / Char infos / Cross server dungeons servers were hosted in Texas even for EU players. But like Elvo stated before, "Our European servers are located in Frankfurt, Germany."

It means they have servers there but are they really using them for BnS? I know it sounds crazy but all I'm saying is legally they are not lying with an evasive statement like that.

Every EU player I asked checked it and were connecting to NA Texas.

An explanation from them would be nice.

An explanation from them would simply be like this: The NA servers you are connecting are for Auction House / Char/ Cross server dungeon, and you are playing on EU server for the other tasks. Instead of a real answer with some fixes maybe for this problem, we will get a basic reply as above. So yeah, it's definitely something going on.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was too lazy read if someone already answered why ppl keep wondering why it shows NA ping. I wondered it too and i was quite close to put folio hat on but theres 2 explanations for this.

First one is most simplest. Ncsoft is lying about EU plyaers having actually game servers located in EU and they use EU servers as VPN to connect us with NA datacenter. But this is possibility but as i said it would require Ncsoft lying about game server location which sounds extremely stupid and retarded. And dont even ask me why they would do this because it sounds retarded. Also i did tracerts for trying to figure it out and well tracert is blocked right before it reaches Ncsoft servers and my last route is in amsterdam. So it would seem that they have something in Germany and most likely its actuall game servers which leads to second explanation which is most likely right

So second explanation is this. Company in NA / Ncsoft owns wide range of ips in EU. And because they're located to US it means their location is given when we try to locate their whereabouts even if IP address is actually in Germany. This is most likely why we see location for our ips in US

But there might be other reasons / speculations than these two but these are conclusion what i came up with few friends who know about these things. Im personally quite unexpierenced with connections/ips/servers. Also someone already said we've several game features in US but actual game servers are located in Germany (c) Ncsoft.

Wardrobe, market, hongmoonstore are in US soil if i remember correctly.

But to one point EU servers are horrible. I tried to do thread about this issue and got slashed down that problem was at my end and Ncsoft also said this so i had to contact my operator and we did several adjustments and rebooted our connection. Also i did pingplotter test and several tracerts with my connection and everything looked fine and good. But sadly while this game gives me now and then 40-50 latency whic is actually good it pomps to 100-200 time to time and peak hours while latency shows that everything is fine i still feel every abilitie going in with small delay. Either its servers or game but in my end i've so far checked and done everythin i know / can and so far even NCsoft said that my computer is running spec/program wise well and there shouldnt be problems.

So second explanation is this. Company in NA / Ncsoft owns wide range of ips in EU. And because they're located to US it means their location is given when we try to locate their whereabouts even if IP address is actually in Germany. This is most likely why we see location for our ips in US

Most plausible I think. But why would they use a proxy is the question that comes next :)

Not sure if someone mentioned this but if you're using any programs like WTFast or pingzapper..etc. make sure the server you choose is near both the game host and you. Works best by sorting by ping then choosing one that's near the host server and you.

14 hours ago, Wickysmall said:

Most plausible I think. But why would they use a proxy is the question that comes next :)

Most likely having proxy server instead of proper game server is just much cheaper. Also they dont have actual EU datacenter if they got something they just got servers without proper datacenter which is complete joke.

But yeah most likely they just have those game servers in Germany and we suffer because no proper datacenter but its still plausible that they screwed EU players more than we think and have just extremely fast proxy servers in Germany. But who knows they might be just tellint truth but even if they're this current system when some features of game is in NA and other in EU is ridiculous. On top of that every maintenance will be EU prime time because of this and we get once again screwed much more

13 hours ago, Ninfu said:

Most likely having proxy server instead of proper game server is just much cheaper. Also they dont have actual EU datacenter if they got something they just got servers without proper datacenter which is complete joke.

But yeah most likely they just have those game servers in Germany and we suffer because no proper datacenter but its still plausible that they screwed EU players more than we think and have just extremely fast proxy servers in Germany. But who knows they might be just tellint truth but even if they're this current system when some features of game is in NA and other in EU is ridiculous. On top of that every maintenance will be EU prime time because of this and we get once again screwed much more

Seems like that's the case.

Anyway I think I won't play this game anymore until a few weeks/months or so, and maybe they will get time to fix it. I really like the game its awesome, but it sucks playing it with lag specially in pvp. EU players shouldn't have lag on EU servers, specially people from Germany where the servers are lol.

Well I'm done playing the game for good I think and not because of the lags.

I just despised NCSoft attitude (greed, lack of communication, awful support etc...). Coming from a Korean company, the message is clear "we don't care", I've lived and worked long enough in SEA to know what the business culture is about, and it's very different from what we're used to in the Western World.

Like seriously, who the F@&§ does maintenance globally? What Game? You guess right NC °criquetting° Soft.

Good luck guys :/

3 hours ago, Wickysmall said:

Well I'm done playing the game for good I think and not because of the lags.

I just despised NCSoft attitude (greed, lack of communication, awful support etc...). Coming from a Korean company, the message is clear "we don't care", I've lived and worked long enough in SEA to know what the business culture is about, and it's very different from what we're used to in the Western World.

Like seriously, who the F@&§ does maintenance globally? What Game? You guess right NC °criquetting° Soft.

Good luck guys :/

Yep, I even send them some tweets on twitter, no reply yet, and I'm sure they've seen my tweet. I didn't even bothered with support coz most of the times you get a basic reply which pretty much is: "It's your fault, not ours"

Meh.

Check all IP's on your task manager thats being used by ur B&S client...check the IP location... if all IP's are pointing to NA then do you still need for NCsoft confirmation that the EU servers are NOT REALLY in EU? Do you? come on guys! thats Kebab! Its like, a bomb exploded in front of you and you still need to see it in front page of the news paper just to believe its a bomb that exploded in your face... kebab! lolzzz

2 minutes ago, PrinceMarcus said:

Check all IP's on your task manager thats being used by ur B&S client...check the IP location... if all IP's are pointing to NA then do you still need for NCsoft confirmation that the EU servers are NOT REALLY in EU? Do you? come on guys! thats Kebab! Its like, a bomb exploded in front of you and you still need to see it in front page of the news paper just to believe its a bomb that exploded in your face... kebab! lolzzz

It seems that you misunderstood the situation. 3 IP's are from NA that are used for chat/char info/etc. 1 IP Is showing that it's in Germany. The problem is that the German IP also has 150ms or so ping, for players in the EU. I don't need a confirmation about the other NA ip's that are used for different things, I wanted someone to explain what's with the lag on the EU ip. I hope that clears it out for you. Also now I'm hungry for kebab, so I gotta go in the cold and get one :(

6 minutes ago, MILKfix said:

It seems that you misunderstood the situation. 3 IP's are from NA that are used for chat/char info/etc. 1 IP Is showing that it's in Germany. The problem is that the German IP also has 150ms or so ping, for players in the EU. I don't need a confirmation about the other NA ip's that are used for different things, I wanted someone to explain what's with the lag on the EU ip. I hope that clears it out for you. Also now I'm hungry for kebab, so I gotta go in the cold and get one :(

Kebabs are tasty, u know? but they explode too... u know? no? here... let me eat that kebab of yours...

that sounds weird...

let me eat that kebab of yours...

-___-" no pun intended... kebabs.

56 minutes ago, MILKfix said:

I average around 35ms on an EU server unless there are server issues however with BnS it fluctuates from 32 ~140 continuously which shouldn't be happening. The only thing I can think of is that the rest of the connections being in NA is somehow causing an interference

Averaging at around 20 ms ping.

I have a real-time delay of 500ms to 1000ms.

During this time my actual ping does not change, there is no packet loss and no ping spikes.

This problem occurs exclusively in Blade and Soul and dubiously vanishes just as fast as it comes only if I relog.

While experiencing this problem, no one else around me experiences the same, and my internet does not lag either.

It's kinda safe to assume that sometimes, you WILL be routed through the NA BnS servers and then back to your EU ones, causing lag spikes that can't be detected.

Tracert during such spikes did not find anything unusual, constant pinging remains at constant ms response, pathping does not show anything abnormal, WTFast does not notice anything strange, resource manager does not see any connection changes / ping problems.

2 minutes ago, Rym said:

Averaging at around 20 ms ping.

I have a real-time delay of 500ms to 1000ms.

During this time my actual ping does not change, there is no packet loss and no ping spikes.

This problem occurs exclusively in Blade and Soul and dubiously vanishes just as fast as it comes only if I relog.

While experiencing this problem, no one else around me experiences the same, and my internet does not lag either.

It's kinda safe to assume that sometimes, you WILL be routed through the NA BnS servers and then back to your EU ones, causing lag spikes that can't be detected.

Tracert during such spikes did not find anything unusual, constant pinging remains at constant ms response, pathping does not show anything abnormal, WTFast does not notice anything strange, resource manager does not see any connection changes / ping problems.

Hey i wanted to say that you guys can not do a thing as it is on the server not you at all, i have used 1 day to try and fix the ping myself but i cant and Support is giving me useless infomation -.- wtf There need to fix the Eu server as it is a problem on they end not us at all i did a test with Speedtest.net for Frankfurt in Germany where the server is or so i heard, and it tells me that i have 19 ms (19) Then Tell me how the hell does it lag so much i looked into my Ressourceovervågning ( resource Monitor ) and here is what it tells me.

1: 285 ms

2: 173 ms

3: 136 ms

4: 133 ms

5: 75   ms

6: 36   ms

7: 15   ms

and the rest is 0

So what is really going on right now on the Eu server my brother dont have problems at all but he was not online at all before the server was going down, so not sure what Ncsoft did at all anyone who knows more oO

Yeah, after a long talk with the bots from "support" and sending them every info possible about my PC and Internet they just said it's my Internet Service Provider fault and they can't do anything about it. Funny thing is every other game runs perfectly and only Blade and Soul is unplayeable.

1 minute ago, Zireael3 said:

Yeah, after a long talk with the bots from "support" and sending them every info possible about my PC and Internet they just said it's my Internet Service Provider fault and they can't do anything about it. Funny thing is every other game runs perfectly and only Blade and Soul is unplayeable.

Yep support is useless, they always blame you. Funny how everyone has these problems and is definitely their fault and not ours. Also this thread has now close to 50 replies but yet no sight of a mod/gm explaining or giving us a solution to this. GG NCsoft. 

2 minutes ago, 899846_1452550652 said:

People playing with 180 Ms + and no complaing, and a guys up there saying its unplayable , please just PLEASE

I don't really understand what you are trying to say, but I will tell you this: Yes you can play with 150ms+ ping, but you can't enjoy PvP at it's fullest. Because you will lose DPS because of the high ping. Also in dungeons and stuff, is also not good. Like I said, you can play with such high ping, but you cant enjoy the full potential of the game. And since B&S is more known for the awesome PvP rather than PvE, ping is highly important. 

Archived