If you're not a Premium user you don't get currency drop from mobs

tehjojo

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currency does drop for non-premium but the amount drop is only half the amount. The rate of coin drop is really low for both premium and non-premium. Level also affects the chance and amount drop. Also coin drop does not increase at lvl 50 they remain around 50 copper.

Premium difference may go up to maybe 20 silver a day which is not much considering a non premium can earn up to 8 gold a day.

But honestly its something I can live with or without, I never had premium in CN or TW server and I manage to get my weapon to pirate in a month.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/

Its not a pay 2 win scenario I've seen plenty of idiots with the best gears screwing up the easiest dungeon. Skills will always be the biggest factor. Me and 2 of my friend took down 4-man Poharan with Awaken Inferno. We didn't even had gold to upgrade our gear and still at stage 1 inferno.

It would have been a pay 2 win before since PvP you were once allowed to bring you own gears so you will have match up like a 4k hp lvl 20 blade master against a 40k hp KFM.

Just now, Maryelle said:

Thank you for making my point for me; yes, you are not my brother, and you have no idea why the  F2P people aren't paying, so don't make assumptions based off your own

privelege.

I don't care about copper mobs. I don't care that premium accounts earn more of any kind of coin. I think it's BS that people can pay to level.

rofl u can level up 45 in 3 days just doing correct quests and daily  dont even need exp boosts and grind mobs .I played BnS RU version and guess what without premium takes 3 days .maybe taking less QQ in forume and go do some quests before arguing about exp boost. And if u can afford premium easy u can buy it its just,what 15 Euros?and i have idea why not becouse at level 45 those premium benefits are only usefull for ques and a bit extra  money which is meh ( i mean u dont even see a difference until silverfrost patch comes in ) and when silverfrost patch comes in then i will understand why people QQ about this stuff but atm its just useless spam in forum.

im lvl 35 and i havent seen anything give me currency asides from quests , the only reason i have had 80 silver since the start of the game was because i was smart and sold my keys while everyone was rampaging for stalker  weapon boxes

this is a game changer for free players because Everything consumes currency

Mail,Crafting,upgrading gear,Loot Bidding in dungeon, Even remotedly  finishing quests .

I think people in general just get heated when they think other people are getting treated better than they are, which I guess would be human nature. I also think when looking at this kind of stuff in game you have to take a big step back and realize how it really is; If you want to play for free (which is fine mind you) your gunna have a little bit of a struggle and grind getting things. If you want to pay a sub and support the devs, obviously your gunna get things a little easier, maybe even a lot easier. But overall I think we all need to realize that the ftp model was taken over by old people in suits who prolly don't even know what an mmo is, and the devs to most major titles nowadays no longer hold the ability to make changes to their own games without running it by the suits. And we all know what the suits do to things that were fun...

6 minutes ago, Aiezen said:

I think people in general just get heated when they think other people are getting treated better than they are, which I guess would be human nature. I also think when looking at this kind of stuff in game you have to take a big step back and realize how it really is; If you want to play for free (which is fine mind you) your gunna have a little bit of a struggle and grind getting things. If you want to pay a sub and support the devs, obviously your gunna get things a little easier, maybe even a lot easier. But overall I think we all need to realize that the ftp model was taken over by old people in suits who prolly don't even know what an mmo is, and the devs to most major titles nowadays no longer hold the ability to make changes to their own games without running it by the suits. And we all know what the suits do to things that were fun...

it does feel like it sometimes for example when i started the game i had people bidding up to   almost 2 gold per item in Blackram the real first dungeon pretty much  and this was in the first week of the game wich was problematic as hell

4 hours ago, Retsopmi said:

It's McDonald's as in mick. If you would like to call them and ask, be my guest. People can say something however they want, doesn't make it any less wrong. The company who made their name gets to decide how it is said, not some poor inbred people.

Actually, in Finland, its pronounced with mac. I have never heard of anybody pronouncing it with a mick. Every single add I have seen on tv supports this. Then again our education system regarding English is heavily based on British English and it kinda shuns the US version of the language, which might have some role to play in all of this. I feel I talk/write English well enough to be understood, which should be the purpose of language in the first place. I do find it hilarious certain people, generally Americans who only speak English, whine bout spelling and whatnot when the message person is trying to get across is clear. 

10 minutes ago, Fidjet said:

it does feel like it sometimes for example when i started the game i had people bidding up to   almost 2 gold per item in Blackram the real first dungeon pretty much  and this was in the first week of the game wich was problematic as hell

Well even tho ppl bid almost 2 gold for items in that dungeon u get the money from em, they spend money but u get the money from em soo u can get your upgrades up and so on that isnt a bad thing in general, maybe u will need to do a bit more runes but still u get income and thats good for u. 

I have an ok economy so far, crafting and selling transformation stones. I dont see the need to purchase a premium, maybe one day I will get some Ncoins for costumes or  cosmetic stuff.
I hope this does not become a real p2w.  So far Im enjoying this game whitout spending a single dollar, and Im not seeing anything that forces me to do that.

4 hours ago, Kensho1996 said:

ok just to mention .. all you need for repairs is an alt making hammers .. 1 cp to get materials and 1-4 CP to make 2 hammers .. it doesn't take long to get a fairly large stock pile

trade skills aren't just to make a killing on the market

True but even if so , even if you have no gold to spend after farming those 500 mobs. You still cant say its actually something good. If you spend 1h to farm 50s you must be insane, if you want that much to farm gold level up alts and do those high lvl daily with more than one character. Is still less time consuming and waay better in terms of income . Plus, you get to use more than just 2/2 guilds with more alts.

2 hours ago, Fidjet said:

yea thats prolly the hardest thing when being ftp with game like it is, it's always going to be harder, at times a lot harder when your first starting out.  To the point where it may feel unfair at times. But it can also be hard for people who pay a sub as well. I hope that things work out and once the game has been out for a while things start to even out between ftp and prem as far as gold goes.

Now I can only speak for myself, but I started ftp and only just the other day paid for a sub. When I did I rerolled a new toon and by the time I got to the first wheel I had almost 5 silver compared to the 2-3 I had by then as a ftp player. By the time I reached Blackram Narrows I had accrued roughly 10-11 silver from only quests and mobs. So I don't know about anyone else but to me that doesn't seem like a huge difference from ftp. The main thing I'm trying to get at is those players that are bidding upward of 1+ Gold, are either serious crafters, much higher level, or simply sold all the items (keys/charms and other stuff) that they found, on the Auction House. Maybe they did lots of dailies and sold the items. Being prem only gives you a slight advantage, its small but it is there. Those other people who had lots of gold quick, their ftp/prem status most likely had nothing to do with it.

I hate the F2P model because it's predatory and exclusionist.  I am a 100% supporter of subscription games which is part of why I 'Sub' for this game.  I look at premium as the way the game would be if it was a subscription game, and free at a disadvantage of convenience, not power.  Freemium simply takes longer to do stuff, and lacks a lot of the conveniences.  I don't like it but a F2P game needs to make it's money somehow.  And it's clear this game isn't after the whales, rather the people who simply enjoy subbing to a game, which is all you need to spend money on to get the most out of this game.... about £9 to sub.  That's one night of take away dinner... or 3 pints of beer... or a typical indie game from steam. 

Why dont yall just buy premium with your gold? at cap a day of dailies is enough to get 1 month of premium right now. 

3 minutes ago, Chnmmr said:

I hate the F2P model because it's predatory and exclusionist.  I am a 100% supporter of subscription games which is part of why I 'Sub' for this game.  I look at premium as the way the game would be if it was a subscription game, and free at a disadvantage of convenience, not power.  Freemium simply takes longer to do stuff, and lacks a lot of the conveniences.  I don't like it but a F2P game needs to make it's money somehow.  And it's clear this game isn't after the whales, rather the people who simply enjoy subbing to a game, which is all you need to spend money on to get the most out of this game.... about £9 to sub.  That's one night of take away dinner... or 3 pints of beer... or a typical indie game from steam. 

If you're eating out or drinking alcohol often enough for this to even be part of your post, something is seriously wrong with your life. 

19 minutes ago, kawaiimemelord said:

Why dont yall just buy premium with your gold? at cap a day of dailies is enough to get 1 month of premium right now. 

If you're eating out or drinking alcohol often enough for this to even be part of your post, something is seriously wrong with your life. 

Wow... what got a stick shoved up your bum? How incredibly rude of you, you should be utterly ashamed of yourself to jump to conclusions like that without even pausing to think about what has been posted in front of you.  I am simply making a price comparison of what a sub is in 'other activities.'  3 Pints of beer, or 1 medium pizza, or a cinema ticket, or 1 month sub to a game someone enjoys?  Make a choice.  Geez.

4 hours ago, dragoaskani said:

Quit spreading lies OP. Nonpremium do get currency drops. They just dont get the bonus to currency drop or the bonus to quest rewards that premiums get.

1 hour ago, AldenX said:

Some people think money doesn't drop because its not in the lootbox. You get money on kill, not when you loot. 

Proof? Aliens?

30 minutes ago, kawaiimemelord said:

Are you advocating for starvation?

The mob drops are really silly, if there is really +100% for premium users, it does not make much of a difference..

But let me understand your situation. So you don't have enough money to afford monthly subscription of a game you like. That is completely OK. But shouldn't you be happy that this company is giving you an opportunity to play the game for free ?

I want I must get I am entitled to.. That is just a delusion, guys..

22 hours ago, BestCatGirl said:

ikr i did a narrows run for the outfit and 2 lvl ~30s started a biding war that went up to 1 gold and 4 silver. so stupid that currency drop is a premium only thing. premiums already have really good advantages like the premium queue making monsters drop money a premium only feature is just over kill

I can assure you they didn't get that 1 gold from monsters.

You must be new to F2P games. SWTOR does something very similar. You can only hold so much money on your person before it goes into escrow and you must pay to get it. This is NCsofts version. You want money you'll have to do daily quests. 

22 minutes ago, Zarec said:

You must be new to F2P games. SWTOR does something very similar. You can only hold so much money on your person before it goes into escrow and you must pay to get it. This is NCsofts version. You want money you'll have to do daily quests. 

OMG that Escrow system junk drives me bonkers! lol I can only think of 2 games off the top of my head that used it (SWToR & DCUO) but man I would take the way B&S does it over the Escrow system any day of the week!!

if you restrict f2p users to a certain degree they will leave then b&s will have to rely on the whales (premium) to stay afloat, its essentially making the game p2p and we all know how that plays out in today's mmo market. 

Archived