If you're not a Premium user you don't get currency drop from mobs

tehjojo

14 minutes ago, Cyradus said:

I will take one of those "free loans" if you are handing them out.

"Forcing the shit" out of premium? So...in your world, you should get this game for free...and get every perk for free as well? And you wonder why people view you FTP players as welfare gamers.

I played GW2 = not free, I played WoW = not free, I play EVE = not free. So you see, there is a pattern here were there's obviously too many limitations for non-premium members. I don't mind spending  a buck on  a game that's fair even if you don't pay for it. Also, yes, they are forcing the shit out of premium packages. First the queues, the incredibly limitation space or incredibly  limited ability to sell in market. If you are going to advertise a game ass free to play don't make it so pay to win. Even after certain lvl players wont get money drop unless they are premium. You call this shit fair? lol. Nop I wont spend a dime out of my pocket. Specially now that the game has turned into a bot blocking sim. If the game was subscription based and had all the premium perks I would have gone for it. Almost 0 to no bots and everyone gets equal everything. Not this free to play tag to lure wallets in. What a joke

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a non issue and it keeps gold farmers away from mobs. It is a good thing for everyone.

The amount of cash I pull in from kills as a premium player isn't even enough to cover buying repair hammers.

Money primarily comes from doing quests. You can easily pull in 5 to 6 gold doing dailies at max level. You get more if you are premium, but you can pull in a significant amount of gold either way.

8 minutes ago, Bladez said:

I played GW2 = not free, I played WoW = not free, I play EVE = not free. So you see, there is a pattern here were there's obviously too many limitations for non-premium members. I don't mind spending  a buck on  a game that's fair even if you don't pay for it. Also, yes, they are forcing the shit out of premium packages. First the queues, the incredibly limitation space or incredibly  limited ability to sell in market. If you are going to advertise a game ass free to play don't make it so pay to win. Even after certain lvl players wont get money drop unless they are premium. You call this shit fair? lol. Nop I wont spend a dime out of my pocket. Specially now that the game has turned into a bot blocking sim. If the game was subscription based and had all the premium perks I would have gone for it. Almost 0 to no bots and everyone gets equal everything. Not this free to play tag to lure wallets in. What a joke

1. The queues had nothing to do with premium. It was due to about 1,000,000 people wanting to play all at once..and not enough servers at launch...or a way to "herd" them into lower populated servers. 

2. None of the things you listed...and ill include mail, wardrobe AND inventory space are "pay to win". As a matter of fact, I see nothing in either the Hongmoon Store or in the premium bundle that give you a distinct advantage.

Look...im not here to argue. It is really simple. Either drop the 50 cents a day if you want the perks...or go play something else. The game is FREE..and honestly if you haven't spent a dime on it, you lose any ounce or shred of entitlement you think you have.

Peace.

If you're really that worried about money, play the market a bit.  This game's market board has some of the best stat tracking and analytical features I've seen in an MMO.  It's REALLY easy to stand at a bank/market NPC and just print money with some simple investments.

People whine about Premium, but don't want to pay for it. You can still play the game perfectly fine without Premium. If you don't want to buy Premium and support the game, don't whine about having less than a Premium. 

I work from 6 am to 5 pm, That's like 7+ hours that I can't play the game, while people who don't work (mostly the people who don't have Premium and are whining about it) have those 7 hours, unless they go to school. Allowances? Chores?

Like someone said above, it's chump change. It's not pay to win, because we only get boosts, we don't get any special items that makes us stronger than everyone else. Just because a game is FREE TO PLAY and have Premium, doesn't make it PAY TO WIN and it doesn't mean they can't advertise the game as FREE TO PLAY, because it IS FREE TO PLAY, you can play this game without paying a freaking penny. 

Get over it or buy Premium.

4 minutes ago, Ellz said:

This is completely untrue lmao.

Base rate = 10 or 20 depending on mob.

Non Premium = 0 copper (0%)

Premium = 10 copper (100%)

Max = 15 copper (150%)

Multiply by 2, or whatever base rate is for the mob.

you get ZERO for non-premium, hence it's not an increase, it's a base rate.

Increased Gold Earned from Combat

0%

100%

100%

100%

120%

120%

120%

120%

120%

150%

150%

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/

However, the site claims it's an 'increase'.

22 minutes ago, Bladez said:

You probably don't have a dime.

You don't mind spending a buck on a game that's fair. So you don't want Premium, because you think it's unfair to everyone else? You're full of horsepoop.

Just now, 2501 said:

Base rate = 10 or 20 depending on mob.

Non Premium = 0 gold (0%)

Premium = 10 gold (100%)

Max = 15 gold (150%)

Multiply by 2, or whatever base rate is for the mob.

you get ZERO for non-premium, hence it's not an increase, it's a base rate.

Are you telling me that all non premium players right now get 0 copper when they kill something.

While I agree that NCsoft has a right to make money however they choose, they should not advertise a game as free to play, and then proceed to make it unplayable to people who do not pay up. I haven't been playing long so I'll reserve judgement for now, but I am the type that likes to grind on mobs for money and exp; If I dont get any money at all for my grind, then what the *cricket* is the point?

I have a job, but I also have a budget, and I don't have money for gaming. I wish just once to find a free to play game that won't force people to pay to be relevant. Like path of exile. That there is a good business model - only cosmetics and storage space to pay for.

edit: 'Truly free' my behind.

1 minute ago, Ellz said:

I guess it's to stop botters.

Only thing it's done is stopped me from ever playing F2P again.

Not just this one simple advertising mistake, but the literal dung pile of recurring fees, hidden costs, time-gated items to drive cash-shop sales, cosmetic prices, etc...

It's just ridiculous these days, and there's no end to it. Still waiting on RNG-slot-machine boxes in cash-shop.

2 minutes ago, An0nymouse said:

While I agree that NCsoft has a right to make money however they choose, they should not advertise a game as free to play, and then proceed to make it unplayable to people who do not pay up. I haven't been playing long so I'll reserve judgement for now, but I am the type that likes to grind on mobs for money and exp; If I dont get any money at all for my grind, then what the *cricket* is the point?

I have a job, but I also have a budget, and I don't have money for gaming. I wish just once to find a free to play game that won't force people to pay to be relevant. Like path of exile. That there is a good business model - only cosmetics and storage space to pay for.

You and everyone else that are saying they shouldn't advertise this game as "Free to Play",

PLEASE, explain how it's not Free to Play? I am pretty sure if it wasn't Free to Play, you would not be playing right now, because you would have to pay, before you could play the game. Please go learn what a Free to Play game is. It's a game that doesn't require you to BUY THE GAME or PAY A SUBSCRIPTION in order to play the game. It does NOT have anything to do with Premium having a certain advantage percentage over non Premium

it is free to play....but man....

honestly it isn't just about how much more gold you get per dungeon etc, its also how much you save, how much more you can make without as tight of marketplace restrictions, all of the benefits added up. you're at an extreme disadvantage if you don't have a sub in this game. not only that, but the sub for this game is the highest monthly sub i've ever seen in any MMO that i've played. its essentially $35 a month. haha

theres no way i play enough in a month to merit that. $15....maybe

My explanation is simple. It is advertised as free to play. They really, really pumped this business model, even putting some 'Truly free' shit all over the website and whatnot. That's fine, because you can play for free; you just cant actually progress and make your mark for free. If you want to be relevant, you need to pay up every month. I just think that this business model isn't quite fair. If you need premium to do stuff, just make it a sub based game and get it over with

No need to get all hostile, Entellex, I said I haven't been playing long and I'll reserve judgement til I find out for myself. You must be the type that likes to fangasm over games and e-thugs when people insult stuff you enjoy.

Archived