Forums

If you're not a Premium user you don't get currency drop from mobs

tehjojo

4 hours ago, Furholden said:

Like i mentioned, the money required to buy over the liscence

you know this game is published by the same company that made it, right?
I would like to see the transaction here tho,
'Hey, we have few millions that belong to you anyway, and we would like to "purchase" (with your own money) a license.'

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay guys, I am sorry I didn't read the whole thread but I think no one mentioned what's the real problem here and why ppl are angry.
When you buy premium, the benefit you get says : "Currency gained from enemies increased by 100%" it says "by 100%" NOT "to 100%" it means if you are a premium you get double currency drops from mobs, I was okay with that, I had the student pack, I was killing monsters in lvl~36 arenas and dungeons and if I remember well I got 7-8 copper drops / kill, I was like "ah that's not that bad, even if you get half of te drop it really helps you cover the basic costs" but now MY PREMIUM ENDED AND I GET NO MONEY DROP AT ALL NOW even tho I am playing in the 40+ arenas now.
So yeah, I find this a bit unfair and misleading, free users do deserve at least a few copper drop from monsters because it ads up since you are grinding mobs 80% of your time and you need it to cover basic stuff like upgrading your gear.
Honestly, I will probably invest in the premium but if the game keeps treating free players like that I won't, because I know a lot of people, including my friends will just stop playing at all, and let's be honest, an MMO without players, well, svcks... I agree with the premium features, I am okay with the wardrobe, the extra XP, the extra AH slots, if you don't pay don't expect quaility of life features, but I think getting currency from mob kills is a pretty basic element and everyone should have access to it.

1 hour ago, DestroyerMasterRace said:

Okay guys, I am sorry I didn't read the whole thread but I think no one mentioned what's the real problem here and why ppl are angry.
When you buy premium, the benefit you get says : "Currency gained from enemies increased by 100%" it says "by 100%" NOT "to 100%" it means if you are a premium you get double currency drops from mobs, I was okay with that, I had the student pack, I was killing monsters in lvl~36 arenas and dungeons and if I remember well I got 7-8 copper drops / kill, I was like "ah that's not that bad, even if you get half of te drop it really helps you cover the basic costs" but now MY PREMIUM ENDED AND I GET NO MONEY DROP AT ALL NOW even tho I am playing in the 40+ arenas now.
So yeah, I find this a bit unfair and misleading, free users do deserve at least a few copper drop from monsters because it ads up since you are grinding mobs 80% of your time and you need it to cover basic stuff like upgrading your gear.
Honestly, I will probably invest in the premium but if the game keeps treating free players like that I won't, because I know a lot of people, including my friends will just stop playing at all, and let's be honest, an MMO without players, well, svcks... I agree with the premium features, I am okay with the wardrobe, the extra XP, the extra AH slots, if you don't pay don't expect quaility of life features, but I think getting currency from mob kills is a pretty basic element and everyone should have access to it.

Exactly, if the company keeps misleading and treating free players like trashes, then you will see a low pop servers and it WON"T BE FUN IN A PVP GAME. Age of BULLSHIT is a big example of this, most big events not even enough people to enjoy the game for years.

Not to mention lots of people won't be paying premium forever, I know when Tree of Savior out, I will spend at least couple months in it and guess what? When you come back here and switch between games, you will want at least a more balance between free and paid players, not for others, but for YOURSELF. Think about it.

Remember, the most important is this is a PVP games with many contents require lots of players, free players are a huge part of it and it is more fun to play the game with them than without them.

On 1/28/2016 at 10:32 AM, Chnmmr said:

Nah it's true, on kill you see the money from the kill appear as scrolling and fading text on the screen.

I think you can hear it too, makes that coin jingle sound.. unless I'm jus losin it lol

this smells like bullshit. did you even view their infos if they had any mains? clearly a lvl 6 can run around with 50gold if you mailed it from your main... and no killing normal mobs isnt the way you make money selling essence and grinding the sht out of dailys is how you make money in this game

*EDIT not to mention gold farmers you think they buy premium to get the gold they sell? get real. close thread pl0x

the player's who are subbing to the game, well the majority of the ones in this thread, should slow the roll w/o a decent economy for everyone, player base will decline and leave the subbed players to stand around and circle jerk each other clueless as to why a good game is getting stale. I'm not going to sub to a game just to get 5 copper from a monster at any level. I'll hit the PAY WALL and go back to playing Tera where i can spend 3 days running content  and purchase a elite for a month using game gold from the broker. The limitations are set in place to deter gold sites? I don't think so... 

On 1/28/2016 at 8:43 PM, Kensho1996 said:

you really don't understand the idea of pay to win games ..

it means you can buy everything you need in the online store except your level (and some games offer that as well)

though it could go this way you still have to find a way to earn you gear and/or in game money ... some like myself ran a lot of dailies and sold things like the unsealing charms to get gold up others did crafting and still others did high end dungeon grinds and made it up

IF you find you are low on materials and gold MAYBE trying to PL the 5 + levels all the time is a bad idea and you should try doing dailies for a bit ..

an MMO is supposed to be about YEARS of play not weeks and this game has only been up and running for over 2 weeks IF you include the head start

I will point out I am a premium player and haven't gotten past 24th level as yet as I was making crafting alts so I could make and save gold

Bro,don't try to teach me what P2W is.I played a lot of them in my live,for some reasons...

I can agree that some of the stuff in this game doesn't affect the game in a negative way.But if you say that this game is 100% clean,I would call you a liar.

3 hours ago, Lanian said:

Bro,don't try to teach me what P2W is.I played a lot of them in my live,for some reasons...

I can agree that some of the stuff in this game doesn't affect the game in a negative way.But if you say that this game is 100% clean,I would call you a liar.

first off calling anyone a liar because YOU are right and everyone else MUST be wrong just shows your age and inability to debate and issue ..

GOLD is NOT the be all end all part of the game .. THE game is to go on for YEARS UPON YEARS not one month and YOU ARE A GOD..

YOU can't purchase everything you need and want and MANY items are BOP so you have to run the dungeons/quests to actually get the items ..

I suggest YOU figure out that it isn't that it is PTW that gets you but the MEMEs and desire to get what YOU want regardless of what anyone else wants or thinks ..

I name thee troll

7 minutes ago, TakunDes said:

You do get gold from mobs as a non-premium. stop spreading misinformation 

I have never been FTP (during CBT they failed to allow the option as well I think since they were even selling premiums for 1 NC coin during the CBT)

interesting to know though

You get money from mob drops, premium or not, I know, I bought premium after trying the game for a while, and got gold drops before and after. Just premium increases the actual amount you get, it does not affect the drop rates. But you have to be killing mobs a similar level or the drop rate is extremely low.

Let me clear this: even premium user like me has indeed soms money drops, but it's not much to make something. It's just too slow to make gold.

The most income is from selling crafting/gathering items AND mob drops on market. Even smart F2P player can make golds from it.

So, you need think more smart about drops and market economy. Then you can make some gold from it.

1 hour ago, ophiel666 said:

Im just gonna say 2 things:

1-Final Fantasy XIV: A realm reborn/Heavensward.

2-Upcoming Black Desert Online.

;)

Yea if you like playing skill-less trash then sure knock yourself out... BNS is known for its PVP and its PVP is what carried it for so long these past years... Those two you mentioned is grind-fest of running at slow speed to the next npc so you can rinse repeat until you realize its garbage. Don't let the door hit you on the way out just because your parents won't let you use their credit cards.

I pay for premium and I agree. I hate pay to win games. I just got premium for the lower wait times to get into the game. Dropping more money per mob is stupid and an advantage. I hope they get rid of this. A lot of people will seriously stop playing the game if it's pay to win because a good amount hate this.

Just to the one point of low level players dropping gold on dg auctions, they most likely have a main that funded that character. I've been premium since I joined and I'm over lvl 30 and I'm barely halfway to 1 gold. That's without windstriding or spending it on the market or doing anything that isn't needed for questing and upgrading. The money you get from the mobs is really minimal, definitely not "throw gold away in early dgs" level. 

From what I can tell, from my experience vs the experience of someone who hasn't had premium, it's mostly a small convenience. He's run out of money to windstride/upgrade/etc and needed to quest for more, and I never have. I'm not rich, I've just never been OUT of money and needed to quest or sell for more. And given that I'm paying to be a "premium" member of this game, that seems fair. 

From what everyone says it's not like it's hard to make gold in endgame anyway. If you want the convenience of the few extra copper, pay for it. It's not unplayable without it.

1 hour ago, Wickad said:

I pay for premium and I agree. I hate pay to win games. I just got premium for the lower wait times to get into the game. Dropping more money per mob is stupid and an advantage. I hope they get rid of this. A lot of people will seriously stop playing the game if it's pay to win because a good amount hate this.

Poor babie.. maybe reading is hard. Its barely enough to sustain anything ground breaking besides your tears. Premy is only good for new characters but it isn't needed. I only use it really to bypass the que and soon there won't be a need for it... 90days here and i'm laughing about the amount of salt you guys have... Go get a job... pay 5 bucks and see how trashy the extra copper adds up too... 

On 1/31/2016 at 7:43 PM, Kensho1996 said:

first off calling anyone a liar because YOU are right and everyone else MUST be wrong just shows your age and inability to debate and issue ..

GOLD is NOT the be all end all part of the game .. THE game is to go on for YEARS UPON YEARS not one month and YOU ARE A GOD..

YOU can't purchase everything you need and want and MANY items are BOP so you have to run the dungeons/quests to actually get the items ..

I suggest YOU figure out that it isn't that it is PTW that gets you but the MEMEs and desire to get what YOU want regardless of what anyone else wants or thinks ..

I name thee troll

Experience can be a thing,but is not everything indeed.How old I am 12,30,50 plz tell me.

I see how much you try to defend the game,and you amuse me.

Why do I act like a "god",because I've seen some communities bad,good and this one is not that good.

On 1/31/2016 at 4:46 PM, OpNickerz said:

Poor babie.. maybe reading is hard. Its barely enough to sustain anything ground breaking besides your tears. Premy is only good for new characters but it isn't needed. I only use it really to bypass the que and soon there won't be a need for it... 90days here and i'm laughing about the amount of salt you guys have... Go get a job... pay 5 bucks and see how trashy the extra copper adds up too... 

Might want to try re-reading ;) 

Archived