I got banned for binding my skills on my logitech g602 mouse

JohnValJohn

5 minutes ago, TotalHavoc said:

Nah bruh.  Just banning cheaters.  Pretty essential for the health of the game.

games dead. People are leaving due to bots. its another niche failure from NcSoft.

I have the exact same mouse..

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RandomPasserby said:

We are still jumping to conclusions, are we not? I believe I told you to read the whole thing to a get clue of the issue? 

Not really.  In every single case like this throughout the ages, in every game where people get banned, we only know the facts that OP has told us.  He says he dindunuffin.  It is overwhelmingly more likely, that he got banned for cheating and is lying, than telling the truth and got false flagged.   Only OP really knows for sure.  The rest of us can only use our best judgement, which is that he is lying.  People who actually get false flagged don't come on the game's forums to plead their case to the masses who cannot do anything about it.  Players who use cheats, and are told by that cheat provider to come onto the forums and complain that they were false flagged, are the only people who do that.

4 minutes ago, TotalHavoc said:

Not really.  In every single case like this throughout the ages, in every game where people get banned, we only know the facts that OP has told us.  He says he dindunuffin.  It is overwhelmingly more likely, that he got banned for cheating and is lying, than telling the truth and got false flagged.   Only OP really knows for sure.  The rest of us can only use our best judgement, which is that he is lying.  People who actually get false flagged don't come on the game's forums to plead their case to the masses who cannot do anything about it.  Players who use cheats, and are told by that cheat provider to come onto the forums and complain that they were false flagged, are the only people who do that.

Yep I would've 100% fully agree with you... The thing is though, this wasn't a single case.... many have already complained about this but with razer keyboard havent seen the mouse thing till now. So ...yeah

6 minutes ago, ThreeFeetofMagic said:

Reply from support

RyanKrutel Today at 11:12

Hello. So I have read on the Forums of a player claming to be banned for 3rd party programs. The player themselves claim to have been banned for using a Logitech g602 gaming mouse which allows you to change keybindings to the many buttons located ON the mouse itself.

I myself use gaming mice and keyboards that allow the re assignment of keys to improve gaming. I have played many MMO's throughout the last 12 years and never once have I seen a MMO not allow these types of mice and keyboards.

I do not wish to be banned for using these things that all MMO's allow and even in E sport style tournaments. My fiance also uses gaming mice and she has been waiting to play Blade and Soul for the past 7 years so I REALLY do not want her banned either. I am asking for verification if these things are allowed or against the Blade and Soul ToS. If it is illegal to use these on your game please let us know without banning us so we can change our mice and keyboards.

Dillon (Blade and Soul)

Jan 27, 10:42

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Blade and Support Team

As for your inquiry, Blade and Soul does not support the use of accessories with macro systems. However, we thoroughly investigate any issues or usage of the third party macros, if found out that you are using these said macros for automated gaming or unfair advantage against other players we would not hesitate to impose sanctions on the player.

I hope this clarifies your inquiry

If you have anymore concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Dillon
NCSOFT Support Team

Now I am even more confused.  You were talking about keybinding to a mouse.  No different than keybinding to numbers on your keyboard and the representative is talking about macros. and using accessories with macro systems.  Did they not read your email?  How about just say keybinding is allowed with gaming mice but macroing is not allowed..scratches head.  Macroing is completely different from keybinding.  Macroing allows you to do several skills at one click of a button.  All you do with keybinding is assign a skill (One skill) to a different key instead of the one they have in the game.

I will stop playing this game now if they are going to ban me after having paid close to 200 bucks in this game if they have an issue with me using my gaming mouse.  

5 minutes ago, RandomPasserby said:

Yep I would've 100% fully agree with you... The thing is though, this wasn't a single case.... maybe have already complained about this but with razer keyboard havent seen the mouse thing till now. So ...yeah

Welp.  I exclusively use a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and Razer Deathadder and been banned a whopping....0 times, in B&S and any other game I've played for the last decade.

So.  Again.  Who knows.  Maybe it was false flagging.

But come on, we both know what really happened.

5 minutes ago, ThreeFeetofMagic said:

Reply from support

RyanKrutel Today at 11:12

Hello. So I have read on the Forums of a player claming to be banned for 3rd party programs. The player themselves claim to have been banned for using a Logitech g602 gaming mouse which allows you to change keybindings to the many buttons located ON the mouse itself.

I myself use gaming mice and keyboards that allow the re assignment of keys to improve gaming. I have played many MMO's throughout the last 12 years and never once have I seen a MMO not allow these types of mice and keyboards.

I do not wish to be banned for using these things that all MMO's allow and even in E sport style tournaments. My fiance also uses gaming mice and she has been waiting to play Blade and Soul for the past 7 years so I REALLY do not want her banned either. I am asking for verification if these things are allowed or against the Blade and Soul ToS. If it is illegal to use these on your game please let us know without banning us so we can change our mice and keyboards.

Dillon (Blade and Soul)

Jan 27, 10:42

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Blade and Support Team

As for your inquiry, Blade and Soul does not support the use of accessories with macro systems. However, we thoroughly investigate any issues or usage of the third party macros, if found out that you are using these said macros for automated gaming or unfair advantage against other players we would not hesitate to impose sanctions on the player.

I hope this clarifies your inquiry

If you have anymore concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Dillon
NCSOFT Support Team

Thanks for this, this explains it a lot. 

Blade and Soul does not support the use of accessories with macro systems

I never used macro, just simple keybinds. But since logitech gaming software is the one emulating the keys, their anti cheat thinks its a macro.

mmmmm  i think u are liying so hard, first of all is very well knowed by all u can keybind in game and change the controls, for that i cant believe u, really u think for one simple keybind u can get a ban? nah, is for u set up really some macros in ur mouse for autocombo in one click, we all know in MMORPG u cant use macros, but u always CAN keybind in game if the game suports it or with 3rd party software in case the game didnt allows of keybind, but never macros, is this or u are so __________ for use 3rd party programs when u can keybind inside the game.

Just now, insanoflex said:

did you change the keybinds through the game or the logitech software?

Good question!  I changed my keybindings through the game.  I have razor naga software but I don't assign profiles at all.  I just use the mouse in the same way you use your keyboard.  If you click "1, 2, 3" on your keyboard, then for me I just click "1,2,3" on my mouse instead for my skills.  I have to, I have rheumatoid arthritis and small hands.  I can't stretch my fingers out like that on my keyboard without killing my hands in the process.  The Naga Razor was the best thing that ever happened to me in gaming because I don't have to stop playing every 15 minutes to give my hands a break.

1 hour ago, Yxion said:

No 3rd Party Software means no 3rd party software. It doesn't matter if your chaning a keybinding, or scripting, or parsing data.

Break the rules, get banned.

By that logic, you're not allowed to have mouse drivers running while playing the game.

2 minutes ago, Gamerchick said:

Good question!  I changed my keybindings through the game.  I have razor naga software but I don't assign profiles at all.  I just use the mouse in the same way you use your keyboard.  If you click "1, 2, 3" on your keyboard, then for me I just click "1,2,3" on my mouse instead for my skills.  I have to, I have rheumatoid arthritis and small hands.  I can't stretch my fingers out like that on my keyboard without killing my hands in the process.  The Naga Razor was the best thing that ever happened to me in gaming because I don't have to stop playing every 15 minutes to give my hands a break.

I just sent another response asking if re assigning keys via software is allowed. I think they simply do not allow multi actions to 1 button but we will see. 

1 minute ago, Mekusa said:

Lot of you say you have the same mouse so maybe a way to clear this up make a toss away account try the software and mouse see if it bans the account?

3 people (including myself) use a mouse and gamepads with assignable keys. I have Shift, F, 5-7 all assigned to buttons on my mouse and so far I haven't been banned. 

Just now, SeaxRising said:

3 people (including myself) use a mouse and gamepads with assignable keys. I have Shift, F, 5-7 all assigned to buttons on my mouse and so far I haven't been banned. 

yea I use a naga myself but I changed the keys in game so...

This irritates me. How is this even an "unfair" advantage? Having knowledge beyond your opponent's and better devices or programs doesn't constitute an unfair advantage. It's being smart.

I don't use macros or keybinding personally, but I don't see how that's unfair. If it's used to bot, then sure, but if it's used to make fighting easier or whatever they do, then WHAT? How is that "cheating?" We clearly don't have the same definition.

It's like banning someone in Yugioh/Magic The Gathering(I think?)/Pokemon for having a better deck than you and knowing more. What.

Are people seriously defending this? Wow. That's a first.

Unless he was using some illegal macros to gain advantage, there is nothing wrong with using a gaming mouse. It's the first time I've ever seen someone get banned for using one. If all he did was keybind keyboard keys to the mouse, there is nothing illegal about that. The "3rd party software" you fanboys are quoting is about hacker programs or autoclickers and such, not gaming mice or gaming keyboards.

If they are, in fact, banning for gaming mouse/keyboard software, this game won't last, lol. NCWest just keeps making mistake after mistake with this game.

It sounds pretty obvious third party macro software is what's illegal.  If some built in software that comes with Logitech peripheral drivers gives you that functionality you probably got banned for having it running while in the game, even if you weren't necessarily using it to macro but just to rebind keys. 

9 minutes ago, JohnValJohn said:

Thanks for this, this explains it a lot. 

I never used macro, just simple keybinds. But since logitech gaming software is the one emulating the keys, their anti cheat thinks its a macro.

Awww..ok that explains it then.   I don't use my Naga Razor mouse software for keybinding at all.  I do it in the game itself.

5 minutes ago, insanoflex said:

i dont think he's lying at all.. but instead of changing the keybind using the options in game he used the logitech software to force keybinds which is whats seen as the issue.

Do you have extra buttons on your mouse? Try binding them.  Because the game won't accept mine.

Archived