I got banned for binding my skills on my logitech g602 mouse

JohnValJohn

Lmao... Banning for legit mouse software. GG, GameGuard. You do realize this is not obvious to most users, and they should be warned, not banned?

Banning premium/founder/ncoin user? HAHAHHA

When will companies realize they need to conform to the world, instead of the world conforming to them?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gluxdator said:

I’m sure that many can agree that the OP was using more than just key binding hardware and or software. I’m sure NCSoft has not issue with players reassigning keys, or using controllers, and macros, etc. I highly doubt that they will ban players for using those.

And yes I totally agree with what you said. They should do a better job of clarifying.

But... But NCsoft don't have an issue with that ... they usually unban those people as far as I've read in the forums, it's gameguard that just autobans any 3rd party program it suspects.... there are a lot more issues that have been addressed about gameguard anyway. what op did is say like using a ps3 controller for example in a game... you'd have to download that ps3 controller program for it to work ( i don't know the name of the driver/program cause i dont use it myself)... but instead of the PS3 controller you used a gaming mouse

1 minute ago, Yxion said:

Performance =/= Operation

This has nothing to do with how WELL the game runs, but HOW the game runs. 

and has been stated in this topic, most players agree that changing 1 skill from 1 button to 1 other button does not change how the game "runs". This is important functionality to people with disabilities, it is not something games typically can offer within the game itself, and it does not offer a significant advantage to the player. Technically speaking, NCsoft can ban any account for any reason they want - that doesn't make it "okay".

no one is getting "mad" (well, I'm not), we just think this is really stupid. and blaming RMT... I don't know where you are getting that from, but that is just a whole other issue that NCsoft is doing a terrible job of handling, and nothing RMT does can be used as an excuse for erroneously banning players.

They really need to give warning first.  I using xbox360 controller but planing to get xbox elite controller and remap some of the buttons to the paddle. I need to send them an email to find out is this going to be an issue. BTW did you go around ambushing players (jadestone village) as bambo guard while they were trying to collect the tokens.  Someone must have reported you

I think banning for simple macros is dumb in the first place. If you want to try and set up a macro for something like 3rf, go for it. I promise the person using a macro for combos will not have an advantage over the guy who put in the work to learn it and can adapt. Anybody who says it's an advantage doesn't understand how beneficial doing it manually can be. The only thing you could argue is SS backstep macros. But, lets get real, is this really big enough of an issue it requires permabans? I don't care either way I guess. It's just dumb to ban people looking to save their hands from carpal tunnel, I promise they dont have an edge over me in arena because they macro lol.

If third party software is a reason for getting banned then a good part of the player base will be in trouble. Most guilds uses voice type software like teamspeak, mumble to communicate to each other. Some could say that it self could give an unfair advantage.

I don't see a problem with assigning key's within the software for the mouse/keyboard like razer/logictech. As long it's one skill action per key and it req's the player to be at the computer to use it. Many company's that runs MMO's allows programmable keyboard/mouse to be used.

I know someone who done factory work and got 3 fingers cut off on their left hand. So playing a computer based mmo with the standard keybinds will be way too hard. There really only choice would be use keyboard for simple movement. Then place all the skills on a mouse like the razer naga or other type of programmable mouse. 

1 hour ago, Juggar said:

I cant, macro keyboard and mouses have been around for a very long time. And no other MMO ive played has had an issue with it. Buttons are still being pressed as they normally would be its just that the mouse handles it. I can do the same combo just as fast as the mouse, it just makes it easier for the user. 

Funny, just about every MMO I've ever played talks precisely against setting up macros in it's TOS, and public stance is that they will ban you for it if detected.  Easier for the user means it's an advantage.

(That said, there are also a few that have no qualms against it at all, and even some that have the ability to actually create fairly complicated macros in-game)

54 minutes ago, Yxion said:

3rd party software that affects the operation of the game.

rebinding keys affects the operation of the game

seriously, use your head

Ummm no, they give us the ability to keybind, just click settings and keybindings and keybind what ever keys to what ever buttons.  Many people like me have a mouse where our numbers are on the side of the mouse and we keybind the skills to these numbers.  No different than keybinding to the numbers on your keyboard.  So none of this makes any sense to me if he was only keybinding to his mouse.  That isn't what they mean by third party software and I think your getting confused.  

14 minutes ago, Sergiul said:

Can someone fron NCSOFT clarify this?

12 minutes ago, Yxion said:

I am going to put this to rest. I am contact support to get an official ruling on Logitech Gaming Software and similar programs. Once i have a reply I will post it here.

I already contacted them. Waiting on a reply. I sent in a ticket when OP first made the post because I myself and my fiance use gaming mice and keyboards. She herself has waited for this game since it first came out in other countries and I do not want her banned because it is her dream game. 

I myself was born with no legs and through out the years have started to lose use of my left arm so I use a gaming mouse to move my attack skills to my mouse so it is less work for me to play. I also have a friend who lost his right arm who plays(though limited) with 1 hand cause all his keys are bound to his mouse.(his wife helps with the keyboard when he plays) 

OP is probably lying, because even if he did have skills binded to specific button on mouse or keyboard GM's really have no clue if you do or do not.  Thing is if you are AFK and have macros on autofire then that is botting and bannable.  Being in front of your computer and when a GM asks IF You Are There, and you respond well GM will in most cases look the other way, however if you don't respond, well your SOL.

1 minute ago, GnatB said:

Funny, just about every MMO I've ever played talks precisely against setting up macros in it's TOS, and public stance is that they will ban you for it if detected.  Easier for the user means it's an advantage.

(That said, there are also a few that have no qualms against it at all, and even some that have the ability to actually create fairly complicated macros in-game)

Macros yes, keybinding no..

OP either:

> set multiple skills to perform off one key press, and deserves his ban

> is using bots/cheats or other 3rd party software, and deserves his ban

> set 1 skill to keybind to 1 mouse button, and would not have gotten banned, because that is not even detectable.  

You wouldn't get flagged for rebinding keys to your mouse.  From the game's point of view all key presses are created equal.  Doesn't matter if you bind a skill to A, =, or MB6.  You would get banned for using one key press to fire off multiple commands to the server in quick succession.  Trying to gain an unfair advantage by automating combat...like a bot.  GG.  No re. OP.

u cant use extra mouse keybinds ingame and that sucks , Ncsoft shoul fix that .... why isnt already implemented is beyond me.... i wonder how asians play on tournaments w/o binding skills to mouse ....ZXCV are ugh u cant move and use that skills comfortable

1 minute ago, Gamerchick said:

Did he use Macros? Or just keybinding?  Because Macros as I understand are not allowed, but keybinding is, hence they have given us all the ability to keybind in our settings in game.

If he got banned, than he was using illegal macros to automate combos.  Or he was using a 3rd party cheat/bot software.  They don't need to give warnings.  It's pretty *cricket* common sense.  Play fair or get rekt folks.

1 minute ago, Warlyx said:

u cant use extra mouse keybinds ingame and that sucks , Ncsoft shoul fix that .... why isnt already implemented is beyond me.... i wonder how asians play on tournaments w/o binding skills to mouse ....ZXCV are ugh u cant move and use that skills comfortable

Keybinding is not the issue.  They allow us to keybind our skills, that is why they have keybinding set up for our use in our settings in the game.  If you use numbers on the side of a mouse instead of using your numbers on your keyboard and you keybind to "numbers" that isn't what is considered third party software.  If you macro several skills/combos to one key by use of a third party software that allows you to do that, then that will get you banned.

30 minutes ago, TotalHavoc said:

If he got banned, than he was using illegal macros to automate combos.  Or he was using a 3rd party cheat/bot software.  They don't need to give warnings.  It's pretty *cricket* common sense.  Play fair or get rekt folks.

READ...THE...COMPLETE...THREAD BEFORE YOU COMMENT.... seriously he already STATED he keybinds 1 skill per key

why can't some people get it? its the same issue as with WTFast... where NCsoft themselves said its OKAY to use... but gameguard just bans any1 who does cause of bot issues

33 minutes ago, Sergiul said:

Can someone fron NCSOFT clarify this?

I would love for them to give me a better clarification for what have caused my ban instead of giving a canned reply to my mail.

My first mail to them to appeal with my ban is that I included my photo ID hoping that it could help expedite the process and yet they still asked me for my DOB and email which is pretty much a given on my 1st mail, but to get things going i reply with the information they asked and waited again just to see another canned reply saying i got banned for 3rd party software.

If there is any other software running in my background that I am not aware of that could trigger this kind of report I will gladly remove it or even ask for help to reformat my PC. But I am stuck with the impression that my logitech gaming software is the cause because that is the only software that i know of that can be potentially labeled as "3rd party software that affects my gaming in blade and soul" and I will not spend another time leveling another toon just to get banned again for same reason.

If this is a case of false positives, I do hope a real person with the right skills could help with the investigation. I understand that the game is new and few hiccups could happen here and there. I have no problem if they will have to delete my toon and let me level up again but with the confidence that my PC is running on their standards that i will never experience a false positive bans again.

I'm glad this ban happens soon enough rather than spending countless hours playing and spending ncoins+premium membership

And to those people who says im Either lying or using illegal programs. I think anyone would agree that if you use cheats/bot expect a ban and no person in a right mind will use it on account that you spent you money with plus I will not come here to instigate and waste my time. I would rather move on and accept the consequences.

My reason for posting in this forum is to inform people based on my experience that they might give you a perma ban based on logitech gaming software.

2 minutes ago, Mars505 said:

Their lose, another person who won't be buying NCcoin

NcSoft is shooting themsleves in the foot with this release , over and over and over.

Nah bruh.  Just banning cheaters.  Pretty essential for the health of the game.

Did you have the mouse send Numpad 1, etc and bind those to the relevant skills in game or did you have the Logitech software pretend to be the c, x, v, etc keys?  I can imagine these anti-cheat software getting confused if you did the latter.

Reply from support

RyanKrutel Today at 11:12

Hello. So I have read on the Forums of a player claming to be banned for 3rd party programs. The player themselves claim to have been banned for using a Logitech g602 gaming mouse which allows you to change keybindings to the many buttons located ON the mouse itself.

I myself use gaming mice and keyboards that allow the re assignment of keys to improve gaming. I have played many MMO's throughout the last 12 years and never once have I seen a MMO not allow these types of mice and keyboards.

I do not wish to be banned for using these things that all MMO's allow and even in E sport style tournaments. My fiance also uses gaming mice and she has been waiting to play Blade and Soul for the past 7 years so I REALLY do not want her banned either. I am asking for verification if these things are allowed or against the Blade and Soul ToS. If it is illegal to use these on your game please let us know without banning us so we can change our mice and keyboards.

Dillon (Blade and Soul)

Jan 27, 10:42

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Blade and Support Team

As for your inquiry, Blade and Soul does not support the use of accessories with macro systems. However, we thoroughly investigate any issues or usage of the third party macros, if found out that you are using these said macros for automated gaming or unfair advantage against other players we would not hesitate to impose sanctions on the player.

I hope this clarifies your inquiry

If you have anymore concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Dillon
NCSOFT Support Team

Archived