I got banned for binding my skills on my logitech g602 mouse

JohnValJohn

1 minute ago, Yxion said:

No 3rd Party Software means no 3rd party software. It doesn't matter if your chaning a keybinding, or scripting, or parsing data.

Break the rules, get banned.

I hope you aren't playing with your browser turned on... Because according to you, everything counts as 3d party software.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Inuro said:

I hope you aren't playing with your browser turned on... Because according to you, everything counts as 3d party software.

3rd party software that affects the operation of the game.

rebinding keys affects the operation of the game

seriously, use your head

Just now, Yxion said:

3rd party software that affects the operation of the game.

rebinding keys affects the operation of the game

seriously, use your head

We would have to discuss what exactly you mean by "affects the operation of the game."

Because in my opinion rebinding keys does not affect any such thing. How does pressing R instead of T "affect the operation of the game?"

33 minutes ago, Miti said:

Do not use 3rd party software. He actually did!

So the reason he got banned for is absoluetly valid.

You can't really distinguish if it's just a simple simulation of a key or repetable key-presses or even whole combos.

It's technically always a macro.

If u want to bind your keys on other keys/mouse you can do this via in-game options.

And if you don't use the in-game options but 3rd party software you violate the rules of NCSoft knowingly.

I think that's a good reason to be banned for.

What u said is totaly stupid... Logitech Gming Software is a driver, not only for mouse but also headset and many other Logitech devices.

If u think its 3rd party software many of us should be easily banned for graphic drivers or for example Geforce Experience...

1 minute ago, Lahabrea said:

Wow srsly? But OH WAIT there is SUCH AN OPTION INSIDE THE GAME ITSELF!
I think you just make a division by zero here somewhere in your logic trainwreck.

Exactly. If you want to rebind your keys you do it WITHIN the game and not with a 3rd party program. Your not doing yourself any favors by continuing to post.

Just now, Inuro said:

We would have to discuss what exactly you mean by "affects the operation of the game."

Because in my opinion rebinding keys does not affect any such thing. How does pressing R instead of T "affect the operation of the game?"

Changing the way anything works within the game including keybindings.

Changing game files.

Automation.

Even parsing (pulling data from RAM to process for purposes of calculating DPS, etc...)

You don't have to like it, but you agreed to it before you loaded into the game.

4 minutes ago, Sergiul said:

What u said is totaly stupid... Logitech Gming Software is a driver, not only for mouse but also headset and many other Logitech devices.

If u think its 3rd party software many of us should be easily banned for graphic drivers or for example Geforce Experience...

You do realize you just tried to claim Logitech Gaming Software is not software by identifying it as a driver. Please just stop talking.

To those dear special people blaming OP for using 3rd party software... I bet you are using an operating system yourselves! HOW COULD YOU USE AN OPERATING SYSTEM, that means it lets you PLAY the game! clearly a VIOLATION as it AFFECTS the GAMEPLAY!!

N.B : I do not use logitech or razer or such .. but these things need driver softwars just like your printer guys.... OP just got a false positive by NoGameGuard and got banned, thats it he didnt do anything wrong

So, (quickly inserts hypothetically speaking):

If I was using a gaming mouse and used this gaming mouse's software to keybind more than one skill to any of the buttons, then this would be breaking the terms and conditions?

For example - if I keybind two skills to one of the extra buttons, then that would be ban hammer time???

They even show a build in their stream where someone has bound ALL their combat keys to their supermultibutton mouse and can play one handed now.

So I think it is not forbitten. 

I just have my mouse (which only has 5 keys anyways) act those keys like F1-F4. No macros or such. Highly doubt this is a problem since gaming mouses ae standard....

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It says he was banned for "third party software designed to automate aspects of Blade and Soul",

I don't see what a keybind automates unless you make it a macro that presses more than one button.

Thats an automated msg most of the guys banned for razer or WTFast got the exact same msg.... are we even following the same forums?

Just now, RobynTheTiny said:

They even show a build in their stream where someone has bound ALL their combat keys to their mouse and can play one handed now.

So I think it is not forbitten. 

I just have my mouse (which only has 5 keys anyways) act those keys like F1-F4. No macros or such. Highly doubt this is a problem since gaming mouses ae standard....

It's just NCWest. Once i got banned in Aion because i bought NCCoins from bank card that was not made in USA.

Let me use really simple words so you can understand.

If you cannot do it in the game you are not allowed to do it outside the game.

You cannot rebind anything outside the game.

Period.

If you don't understand that, have fun getting banned.

1 minute ago, RandomPasserby said:

Thats an automated msg most of the guys banned for razer or WTFast got the exact same msg.... are we even following the same forums?

There is too much content for me to follow 24/7. This is the first thread I see on the matter.

I really like how people not even knowing what 3rd party software is, arguing that using OS and hardware drivers should be a reason to be banned too.

And indeed keybinding with software is macroing. It works on another level than normal keyboard inputs because you are simulating.

Whatever, you got banned for breaking the rules.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

There is too much content for me to follow 24/7. This is the first thread I see on the matter.

True .. too much spam can't blame you ...IIRC anyways lots of guys using razer keyboards have been banned and were sent that msg. NCsoft have to replied to them by saying they are trying to fix that issue and in the meanwhile they should try to stop using it

Since this game is so old that they don't allow mouse-binds inside the keybinding options I had to bind keys to my mouse using Logitech Gaming Software.

Newer games have ingame keybinding options that lets you bind different mouse buttons to keys.

ps. backwards dodge with S+S is so annoying

4 minutes ago, Yxion said:

If you cannot do it in the game you are not allowed to do it outside the game.

it is reasonable to assume this functionality doesn't exist because the creators of the game don't have time to take into account what sort of controller everyone likes to use, not because they see binding keys to the mouse as some sort of exploit. all sorts of computers have all sorts of software running in the background that "affects the performance of the game", and the expectations you are putting on the consumer are unreasonable.

if they are going to be so trigger happy with instant irrevocable permabans then they should do a better job of clarifying what "third party software" means.

1 minute ago, kirsch said:

it is reasonable to assume this functionality doesn't exist because the creators of the game don't have time to take into account what sort of controller everyone likes to use, not because they see binding keys to the mouse as some sort of exploit. all sorts of computers have all sorts of software running in the background that "affects the performance of the game", and the expectations you are putting on the consumer are unreasonable.

if they are going to be so trigger happy with instant irrevocable permabans then they should do a better job of clarifying what "third party software" means.

Performance =/= Operation

This has nothing to do with how WELL the game runs, but HOW the game runs. The game is programmed to allow you to rebind the keys withing the parameters they allow within the game settings. If you cannot do it there, resorting to a 3RD PARTY PROGRAM to do what the game settings won't let you, is a violation of the terms of use.

If you want to get mad, blame RMT, it is because of them and other people that use exploits to cheat, that these rules are in place, because there is potential for abuse.

I’m sure that many can agree that the OP was using more than just key binding hardware and or software. I’m sure NCSoft has not issue with players reassigning keys, or using controllers, and macros, etc. I highly doubt that they will ban players for using those.

2 minutes ago, kirsch said:

And yes I totally agree with what you said. They should do a better job of clarifying.

Archived