I got banned for binding my skills on my logitech g602 mouse

JohnValJohn

Yesterday while i was doing my dailies in E. Fleet I got disconnected and unable to login, so i tried logging on the website just to find out that my account is locked due to suspicious activity. I sent an email to support@bladeandsoul.com. After sending them my info to verify my account I was dumbfounded to get this canned message:

After a thorough investigation, we have found that the account listed above to have employed third party software designed to automate aspects of Blade and Soul. As such, this account has been closed and will not be reopened under any circumstances.

I have played many online games using my logitech g602 mouse and most of the time binding my skills on the extra mouse button for convenience. I never knew this will be illegal in blade and soul. Now i will have to talk to my bank and do a chargeback on my founders and ncoins that i've purchase and hope to get my money back. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Elo said:

I've bound my keybinds on my Naga. I highly doubt it's because of your g602. 

would not say that and would not compare that. If his "macro" to bind skills on his repeats pressing the keys it is maybe different to your setup and possible that nprotect has a problem with that

Is this stated on their Terms of Service or Game Rules? I see this:

In section 8:

USE, OR PROVIDE OTHERS WITH, ANY SOFTWARE RELATED TO THE GAME, INCLUDING ANY AUTOMATION SOFTWARE (A.K.A. "BOT") OR SOFTWARE DESIGNED TO CHANGE OR MODIFY OPERATION OF THE GAME;

But I don’t see anything about Game Controller or hot keying, unless they used that to cover it all.

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/blade-and-soul-user-agreement.php

The only thing I run to play with this game is my teamspeak, google chrome to listen on youtube playlist while gaming, and the Logitech Gaming Software which i used to bind my keys for my skills. I am very sure this is a mistake or false positive on their part but I doubt they will reconsider because talking to their support is like talking to a robot - they only give canned answer. Just letting you guys know that this kind of ban could happen to anyone.

28 minutes ago, Graystone said:

Can't say I believe you. It doesn't say that they banned you for what they are claiming they banned you for.

GL though if you're not a botter.

Yes it does... They claim he used 3rd party software to automate certain functions.... Logitech Gaming software IS third party. 

He assigned certain combos to his mouse buttons im assuming, again, not sure how they differentiate this from real "hacking" but assigning macros to keys/buttons has never been a bannable offense in any game ive played.  

This is worrisome since I have a keyboard and mouse with macro buttons, so now ill hold off till I can tell whats going on. Honestly, even if the devs considered this "hacking" they  have much bigger issues that this at the current moment with REAL botters/gold spammers/sellers.  

The only way I see it feasible that OP got banned is through complete unattended automation (botting/farming) with his Logitech software if thats even possible.  If he had a character continually farming an area fully automated I could see a ban coming his way, this is also why you shouldnt attempt such things on your main account. You should also use a VPN if you choose to do this. 

1 minute ago, DabMarley said:

You simply set certain skills to your mouse buttons and then operated them yourself? Because in a game that let's you set keybindings... I don't see how that's bannable or that they'd even know.

Yep.. OP is lying.

6 minutes ago, DabMarley said:

I have to say I can totally see being banned for setting up a marco combo from one key. That's clearly not how this game was meant to be played and provides huge potential advantages in game. 

I cant, macro keyboard and mouses have been around for a very long time. And no other MMO ive played has had an issue with it. Buttons are still being pressed as they normally would be its just that the mouse handles it. I can do the same combo just as fast as the mouse, it just makes it easier for the user. 

If this game is actively banning for macro use it will loose a good many players and I bet those that use macros put more money in than the average player does. 

Looks like someone else got banned and it may be due to VPN use. Maybe OP was using a VPN. 

The OP says BINDING, not MACRO, if he is using words correctly he is not doing nothing agains NCSoft terms, so stop blaming him. Other thing he is lying, but we dont know that so, for me, if he has been banned for binding keys to his mouse, is clearly a false positive. One of the best KFM in BnS Dojo has keys binded to his mouse for his confort and dont think he is banned.

Some people are just toxic since was born, blahj!

To be clear, I never used VPNs, I am from california I am aware of the WTFast issue and i thought it wasn't my concern.

I am running an anti virus called ESET Smart Security and is not getting triggered by the game nprotect anti cheat.

The only conclusion I found that could be the result of my ban is using my logitech gaming software which i bind some skills on the side buttons of my mouse (not macro but single pressed buttons because i play as a destroyer and putting a combo macro on my limited extra mouse button is not very efficient since I have to change a lot of different combo depending on circumstances) . If i was a botter or lying i will never waste my time posting here to defend my guilt. I am not ranting at all just informing people that you might get banned by changing the current mouse/keyboard mappings using software like Logitech Gaming Software. 

Do not use 3rd party software. He actually did!

So the reason he got banned for is absoluetly valid.

You can't really distinguish if it's just a simple simulation of a key or repetable key-presses or even whole combos.

It's technically always a macro.

If u want to bind your keys on other keys/mouse you can do this via in-game options.

And if you don't use the in-game options but 3rd party software you violate the rules of NCSoft knowingly.

I think that's a good reason to be banned for.

4 minutes ago, Miti said:

So the reason he got banned for is absoluetly valid.

You can't really distinguish if it's just a simple simulation of a key or repetable key-presses or even whole combos.

It's technically always a macro.

If u want to bind your keys on other keys/mouse you can do this via in-game options.

And if you don't use the in-game options but 3rd party software you violate the rules of NCSoft knowingly.

I think that's a good reason to be banned for.

No, its not a good reason you dunce. 

Its freaking logitech software not cheating software or even VPN client software.... 

This game is cancer if it truly banned him for Logitech gaming software.... We ALL have some form of third party software installed. 

So when you get banned for having an internet browser open we will just chalk to up to "its a good reason to be banned for". 

He actually did not and if you ever know anything about the term of "3rd party software" and how they operate you would understand that.

This game is cancer if it truly banned him for Logitech gaming software.

Nop. Just NCWest that can't do anything right while managing the game. Even Innova group from Russia can do way more better than this.

If you don't read the terms of use you are either just being ignorant or maybe you jsut can't read, or you don't care. THe point is if you agree to the games rules, and then break them, ignorant or not, you get punished. No one forced you to click the agree button.

Archived