I got banned for binding my skills on my logitech g602 mouse

JohnValJohn

2 minutes ago, Mars505 said:

So they are banning logitech, but Razor is allowed, *cricket*ing joke. I hate this *cricket*ing product favoritism shit.

we dont even know if he changed the keybinds ingame or FORCED the keybinds using the logitech software. since people are not being banned for using the same software it seems hes either lying, forced keybind changed through 3rd party software or hes one of the 0.00001% who get flagged as a false positive.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mekusa said:

yea I use a naga myself but I changed the keys in game so...

I didn't even change keys. My Nostromo is set up like this (Row 1) 12w34 (Row 2) TAB asdf (ROW 3) zxcv (Directional key) qcev and my mouse is set to f SHIFT 567 so all my keys are what's IN the game, I just use the software to change my keys to the appropriate numbers/letter.

This thread is funny. Nobody even knows if OP is lying or not but a bunch of people swear up and down they know. Unless you are OP or some sort of ultimate information god, other that, just leave it alone. It's one thing to have doubts but to outright call someone a liar, without facts, is just making you look stupid. 

In all honesty, he probably assigned the keybindings in Logitec's software, not in game. Thus the Guard saw the Software telling the client what to do. Bam. Banned. Set your keybindings in game bro. 

EDIT. If you're using a Naga just set the mouse to "Alt" mode to keybind it in game!

I sent in a ticket asking about the software rebinding keys to the mouse buttons. I myself have several different keys moved to my mouse via Logitech software and my fiance through her mouse software. Neither of us have been banned. I asked support for a more clear response though about key binding and key re assignment.

1 minute ago, insanoflex said:

so your answer would be use 3rd party software to force them? thats exactly what will get you banned.

YOUR solution was "just bind your buttons through the ingame menu" which is not a solution, since it just doesn't work.

• NCSOFT

The account you are posting on is not banned so you must be referring to a different account.

We know gaming software and peripherals has become the way of gaming. Many of us at NCSOFT also use such peripherals. We have had issues with Razer Synapse compatibility with the game, but we have not suspended players for using such. For clarification, we have said use macros at your own risk, but we need to define what macros are. Marcos aren't just the extra keybinds on your mouse and keyboard, macros can refer to automated behaviors as well. Setting your SS to a mouse button shouldn't get you banned, but if you're going to automate a non-automate action in game... well, that's questionable.

I'm a Logitech user myself. I have a mouse with marco buttons at home and haven't experienced issues with it.

• Hime locked this topic

Archived