Forums

Draw your Character (General Fanart Thread)

Tofu00

On ‎01‎.‎03‎.‎2016 at 6:16 AM, Crymsonfire said:

some artwork from last summer!

manly_lyn_by_crymsonfire445_d97onh1_by_c

who said my lyn couldn't be manly?....

yea nvm this looks unnatural 

I just adore this one. It´s just so great ... really ... awesome .....*_*

i wish i could have something like this from my lyn xD

11 minutes ago, Limeball said:

Great stuff guys, there's some really awesome work in here. However I am also disappointed in those of you who are simply drawing and painting over in-game screenshots. You know who you are.

hah I went thru the thread to see what one you meant and was also dissapoint.

1 minute ago, wsp said:

hah I went thru the thread to see what one you meant and was also dissapoint.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious. The "interior skill" does not match the "exterior skill". Shaky lines, no understanding of form, no colour theory, the bleedingly obvious awful 3D model anatomy and what not.  It's one thing to do it and admit it's just a manipulation. But to try to pass it off as your own skill is ... sad.

9 minutes ago, Limeball said:

Yeah, it's pretty obvious. The "interior skill" does not match the "exterior skill". Shaky lines, no understanding of form, no colour theory, the bleedingly obvious awful 3D model anatomy and what not.  It's one thing to do it and admit it's just a manipulation. But to try to pass it off as your own skill is ... sad.

I mostly share my stuff on gaiaonline and my friend found an artist that was stealing other art from a single artist, they'd basically collage the other person's art together and call it their own xD smh

30 minutes ago, Katzifer said:

2nizej6.jpg

My main, Katzifer. :3

A welcoming doodle art from me, I'm looking forward to see your works here. <3

He looks like he has to sneeze ... i really like it :D

Edited by Elmala

10 hours ago, Limeball said:

huh, since when copying is considered bad? people draw and copy nature, photos, so why not 3d objects? I can admit I looked at screenshots and copied them but I don't see how it can be bad in any way. also I can draw without any reference, but drawing my character I felt like it would be more accurate.

and just to prove a point, I did this today: 

tumblr_o3ihf3wCct1qjy5gvo1_400.png

it's not based on screenshot, but I looked at my character from time to time, well I'm reeeeaaally sorry I haven't memorized all her features :/ 
not to mention my whole deviantart gallery proves the point, lol

On 2/4/2016 at 0:44 AM, Enamour said:

*looks at hands*

WHY CAN'T YOU BE SO TALENTED DAMMIT? Q_Q I have to go around asking people like some homeless dude, except instead of asking for change it's like "drawing 4 free plz? i pay in cookies"

I agree 100%. I am the worst artist ever. I can't even draw a decent stick figure :(

Everyone here is so talented. I love to look at your creations and study them in awe. Good job everyone and keep them coming!! It makes me want to try to be a better artist.  <3

On 2/9/2016 at 10:55 AM, woyoo said:

HI is posting here still relevant LOL im new on the forums omg but here are some of mine ^w^ my force master and assassin

squadalah.png

chialniiiiing.png

I love the bottom picture because I too want to play with the Lyn's ears and rest my head between them! <3 <3 <3