Regarding gold selling bots

Saxil

I know the solution is tough. In the mean-time though can you add or expand (haven't actually checked to see if there is a report bot options) on a report bot option that once reported, adds that account to a block list not associated with the limited size of the actual block list? Make it temporary or permanent whatever you guys see appropriate but I'd like a way to block them without filling up my block list as I understand it has a limited size... Just a thought.

7 minutes ago, Saxil said:

I know the solution is tough. In the mean-time though can you add or expand (haven't actually checked to see if there is a report bot options) on a report bot option that once reported, adds that account to a block list not associated with the limited size of the actual block list? Make it temporary or permanent whatever you guys see appropriate but I'd like a way to block them without filling up my block list as I understand it has a limited size... Just a thought.

Honestly I prefer the gold spam over the faction chat garbage that people spew all the time .

I have done some coding before (not saying I have made bots in the past because I don't like bots but hey ) but i know for fact we will still see them its not hard to code a program to get a char up to level 10.  I still think have no cap for the block list is a good thing but bots can get to level 10 with in idk 20 mins for me it was like 10 mins because i just skipped every peace of text and every film that came up.  So bots will not be dead yet tell they just say "*cricket* IT NUKE THE BOTS" or something like that... What i would say is what me and a few friends on  our clan chat/discord make it so you have to input some random code to see if you are a robot before you can talk. :P but hey I think its not the last of them

@Flyingdeath That's a pretty neat idea...A sort of captcha in game...I know there are bots that can get by them though so you'd have to use a more secure form of verification or they'll just program the bots to get past it.

I just remove faction from the All tab. I do agree we should be able to block as many users as it takes though. And honestly during character creation it should check for nonsensical names and block them. Most of the bot names are just facerolls.

1 minute ago, Nefarym said:

I just remove faction from the All tab. I do agree we should be able to block as many users as it takes though. And honestly during character creation it should check for nonsensical names and block them. Most of the bot names are just facerolls.

still easy to get past by some people make real names then have the gold spam start so if they make something that does that they just have to do like ex: Bill BobJones or something like LynwithT!ts (which might I add i really do want the EU outfit that they get from the dash q.q (and thats a friends username im not kidding you when i say that and yes it did allow him in) they can just easy make a name that feels real and by pass it (I don't know what coding language but my guess a form of C++)

12 minutes ago, Mabutofu said:

I made a custom chat box, can still see party/whisper/clan chat but blocks out everything else.

So did I and in most situations it works fine and for someone like say @Seemslegit if he doesn't want to see the random garbage in faction chat he can do the same and be happy. It's for those situations when you want to look at the region or faction chat that the bot spam is a problem.

18 minutes ago, Seemslegit said:

Why not 2 million block list ?

I suspect they're trying to be cheeky programmers by limiting the amount of memory block lists consume for players accounts in their database. Cute, but they could expand it a bit. I assume their block list is just an Associative array like a Dictionary in C# or Hashmap in Java, or whatever language the game uses. I assume its size is saved dynamically because reserving 50 slots on memory even when they're empty seems bizarre (then again asian companies have a habit of linking their game logic to the frame rate so more bizarre things have occurred). Either way they're probably trying to save space and a few bucks. 

My idea doesn't really address that concern but it'd be nice if that report bot feature that blocks the user for you added them to a lookup table with a counter...if they've been reported a few hundred thousand times, maybe it's time to block them for everybody or better yet automatically ban them. If a normal player is being an arse they will probably be blocked normally or if they are reported (for whatever reason) they still probably won't have more than a handful of reports....this is all assuming this kind of thing isn't already in place (like I mentioned I haven't checked the report options yet)

Why not write a system that requires you to beat the 1st region of the game before you gain access to additional ui features, such as regional and faction chat?

Though you'd have to push joining a faction much later then.

The one thing bots don't have is human characteristics. We can adapt to things. Bots has to be manually coded for each individual tasks to get over a challenge.

Firstly, mandatory solo missions will cause problems for bots, especially if it's a 1 v ALL situation where you fight multiple enemies, since this is a martial art game, you obviously will be engaging in close combat, and obviously will be facing multiple npcs that can stun, knockdown, and pummel you just like you can do so to them.

A normal player will learn to bait and pick them off, but a bot, unless programmed to learn how to navigate properly, will try to cheese it through either raw force of spamming buttons, or use preset 'navigation' nodes that the bot knows to bait every single pre-set npc spawns.

So in this case, you'd have to make npcs less predictable for bots to adapt to?

Why not offer 2 kinds of channels. Put all the Level 10 and lower in 1 or 2 public channels. Put Lv11+ on a Main channel, and create a exclusive VIP channel for VIP users or players who played through a good chunk of the story?

This way you end up separating the bots from the players, as players naturally progresses, while bots do not.

Maybe tie in that 'chat' restriction to a number of quest needed to be done maybe?

Unlock Basic and Party Seeking Chat - Finish 10 quests.

Unlock Region and Faction Chat - Finish 25 quests (I think by here you reach level 10).

I'm not restricting the bots through raw values or numbers, but by the actual determination of a player to actually play through the game's content.

To a bot, 10 quests is just a number, but in this game, 10 quests involves many different forms of challenges to beat, and while they could be pre-coded to beat some of them, some of these quests involves solo dungeons and boss fights.

BTW: I brainstorm game concepts and ideas out of curiosity, and I do this for a long time now.

Archived