Sign in to follow this  
Graystone

I am terrible at Kungfu Master

Dont feel bad, KFM is THE "Hard to play even Harder to master" class. Watching streams of people playing KFM and there is a VERY noticeable gap in an actual GOOD KFM and your everyday KFM who "thinks' they are good

Just now, Zakennayo said:

Just

Punch

EVERYTHING.

You have to ask yourself: "Can I punch this enemy". If your answer isn't always "Yes, I will punch this enemy, and than punch it's children, because *cricket* you that's why", than give up as KFM.

Also,

http://2p.com/36967604_1/Blade-amp-Soul-Kung-Fu-Master-PvE-Build-Guide-by-emma.htm

Google search is nice no?

Punch all the babies. And yea google is nice, but you're ignorant if you think I haven't used the google yet lol.

2 minutes ago, TheLastSeraphim said:

Dont feel bad, KFM is THE "Hard to play even Harder to master" class. Watching streams of people playing KFM and there is a VERY noticeable gap in an actual GOOD KFM and your everyday KFM who "thinks' they are good

Siiiigh, I wanna play it so bad but idk.. I tried out Assassin and it's like redic easier than KFM, idk why they are close in 'difficulty'.

If KFM counter was a bit longer, then I could see it being the same difficulty as assassin.

7 minutes ago, Graystone said:

Punch all the babies. And yea google is nice, but you're ignorant if you think I haven't used the google yet lol.

I just said Google Search is nice, that's it.

I posted that one wondering if you've seen it. I personally don't like it cause it's not as intuitive as a well made one, but it's a nice start.

2 minutes ago, Zakennayo said:

I just said Google Search is nice, that's it.

I posted that one wondering if you've seen it. I personally don't like it cause it's not as intuitive as a well made one, but it's a nice start.

That's just the thing, it's still too early to have a nice sample size in which to determine which guide is the best. Actually a lot of the guides I've seen are linked from other forums to korean pages.

Edited by Graystone

I refuse to play KFM because I flat out know I am not good enough for the class.

Know your limits and work around them I say.

1 minute ago, Shivaree said:

I KNOW KUNG FU

why didn't i just DL it through my cerebral jack

Edited by Graystone

Jurisz   

What makes KFM difficult is their counter abilities (they have so many infact). I struggled a lot with Decoy (assa) already. 

Lorelei   

I find Decoy to be much friendlier than Counter. Longer window and you can stay stealthed for pretty much forever once you're in it with hardly any more Decoy use. You have to learn enemy patterns REALLY well to be able to constantly Counter all the stuff you need to on KFM, or you start gobbling Dumplings and Healing Tonics like you're Whitney Houston and they're crack cocaine.

On the other hand, the sounds my KFM makes while punching enemies in the face (or loins, or kneecaps, or wherever) is just so. Damned. Satisfying. That I can't ever give it up. My Sin is level 28 and KFM is only 17, but I may drop my Sin for KFM.

3 minutes ago, Jurisz said:

What makes KFM difficult is their counter abilities (they have so many infact). I struggled a lot with Decoy (assa) already. 

Yes, It's really hard to tell how long an enemy is going to charge their attack. It's especially tough as you race through zones and only fight each mob type 4-5 times. I don't think my memory is good enough to remember charge times and ability paterns for all PVE, and then there's pvp. I hear KFM is top dog in pvp as far as griefing noobs goes, but I can't see it being easy to play tbh.

If only counter was longer.

Just one word for you "practice", im not the best KFM neither but im really improving with practice this class is amazing and rewarding. Is different for easier class like the summoner or destroyer who dont required special tactics or practice, in my opinion a KFM is the hardest class and required discipline to master. So dear cricket continue practice 

Jurisz   
5 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

I find Decoy to be much friendlier than Counter. Longer window and you can stay stealthed for pretty much forever once you're in it with hardly any more Decoy use. You have to learn enemy patterns REALLY well to be able to constantly Counter all the stuff you need to on KFM, or you start gobbling Dumplings and Healing Tonics like you're Whitney Houston and they're crack cocaine.

On the other hand, the sounds my KFM makes while punching enemies in the face (or loins, or kneecaps, or wherever) is just so. Damned. Satisfying. That I can't ever give it up. My Sin is level 28 and KFM is only 17, but I may drop my Sin for KFM.

That's what I did. Ditched my Assa for KFM lol. Punching with KFM just feels good. At least in this game :D

ryrich   

Practice, practice, practice OP! I've only gotten to level 20 KFM, but it is by far my favorite class. Really read through all the skills (some have typos unfortunately, but anyways), find which skill effects you like, and have fun with it!

If you build skills off one another, it will make you that much stronger. Also look at tons of videos and builds online to give you an idea of what other people have been doing. For instance, many people practice animation cancel with KFM, in which they do the LMB -> 2 skill over and over again. But if you do it well enough, the LMB skill will "cancel" the animation of the 2 skill, making you attack "faster" in a sense. And if you spec your 2 skill to gain focus back, you can spam this indefinitely!

Also, if you are interested in PvP, you can check out Jaesung's KFM videos to understand combos. Stuns are crucial as KFM in PvP and if you practice hard you can stun lock your opponent and most likely win the fight.

For PvE, I've been spec'ing some skills into % HP gain and it makes you survive a lot better if you are by yourself. Play around with it, and find your best setup! Good luck and have fun!

Magozz   
20 hours ago, Zakennayo said:

Just

Punch

EVERYTHING.

You have to ask yourself: "Can I punch this enemy". If your answer isn't always "Yes, I will punch this enemy, and than punch it's children, because *cricket* you that's why", than give up as KFM.

Also,

http://2p.com/36967604_1/Blade-amp-Soul-Kung-Fu-Master-PvE-Build-Guide-by-emma.htm

Google search is nice no?

This is the problem with relying on google instead of asking on a forum. That is not the same version, that is a Hongmoon Rank 10 KFM. Some skills are not even there for KFM anymore.

Read. Read your skill tree. If you look at it you'll learn your abilities much better than only by playing. A lot of the dps comes from procs. You open with one attack that you've specced to reproc on crit, you crit, and you get to use it again instantly. You set another to proc a different attack on crits. You use another to rebuild focus on every hit, and another to give you a focus boost on crits.

Getting used to pulling it all off requires playing, and it is annoying when there's a lot of movement because  all of the attacks require pretty close range, but as you get it down it becomes more and more fun.

One thing that helps as well is what I've seen some players call 3R openers--since you can use R in place of LMB by default--three attacks to quickly build focus and possibly proc an RMB/X bonus attack as well. This is your go to in order to get your focus back up for your harder hits. I really, really recommend reading through your skill tree for each ability. This is one of the best designed games that I've seen when it comes to making it clear what each point in your tree does and helping you to see where it could be valuable.

I didn't get to play any of the betas that much, so this is pretty much my first real true week playing KFM.  People have to have a different mentality playing KFM vs. any other class.  Instead of thinking "How quickly can I kill it?",; people have to start to think "How can I capitalize on mistakes and/or survive?".  That is what KFM is all about; making the enemies suffer for mistakes.  In early levels it is a struggle to solo with the class in dungeons due to the lack of AoEs, but boy does that get made up for in the 1 vs. 1 game. If KFM's base counter was to last longer, the cd would probably be longer (that is unless you spec counter to have a cd of 6 sec later on from the default 1.3 sec).  I'm personally glad the animation has lower time and is the most spammable counter out of all of them in the game.  Just like with any other class , it is just going to take time to really understand it.  You'll see a lot of older videos on YouTube of good gameplay, but a lot of those people have/had been playing for years.  I also main an Assassin, and the flow of combat is radically different vs. a KFM.       

14 hours ago, Magozz said:

This is the problem with relying on google instead of asking on a forum. That is not the same version, that is a Hongmoon Rank 10 KFM. Some skills are not even there for KFM anymore.

Yeah, I posted this way before I hit 45 and realized that they lost a lot of skills and others were massively nerfed.

And I mean some massive nerfs. 

In the China version I was able to output 10k+ damage fairly instant.

Now I can pop out 4-5k if I crit hard enough.

Mephalis   

Well Kung fu master is actually really easy, their is a tactic to blocking and hitting.  All street mobs will give u an attack animation 1.2 seconds before they hit. Simply count in head 1punch and hit block. 99% of time u will block there hits. Well combos u have to be crippled not to land them. Just practice and learn to time and not spam hits like a mad man