I don't think the lvl restriction for chatting will stop bots

BestCatGirl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Glub said:

What we really need to have our block list uncapped past 50.  It takes them all of 30 minutes to make 50 bots and fill up your list.  Having a level 10 restriction will only hinder them for a short time. 

Honestly most games have a problem with spamming so I doubt there is anything they can really do to stop it completely.  Of the game I play GW2 still has them whisper you as you go into a city and SWTOR still has them sending you mail with 1 cred attached. 

They need to get a better anti bot protection. Invest a little more money into keeping this server clean insted of cash grabing.

This was very short lived.  In Hajoon on Faction Chat. Everything was fine. For like five minutes actual players were talking. Then they awoken. The Bots returned, now all at level 10.  This bandage fell off quick.

Xirena - Leader of The Legion

a9qzpg.png

Level restriction not working, first thing, a lvl 4 guy spamming all the time after maintenance. Secound, after checking few spamming bots on every next one while trying to check character info i see mesagge "service unavilable". So we cant check theier lvl and cant complain about that

Honestly, level 20 will stop a good chunk of them. Getting to level 20 is time consuming. And those bots that do bother to get to level 20, if they get blocked, all that effort to get to level 20 is gone.

That's what TERA did and it worked out. I rarely saw a gold spammer there.

10 is a cake walk.

That feel when you log on 13 mins into the new patch; and you literally go from 0-50 in EIGHT MINUTES.

It's pretty sad even as a LEVEL 6 Summoner that my block list began..

I believe that they should implement  a infinite block list; due to the INFINITE BOTS.

• Add spam filters/timeouts 
  • Increase the level requirement to join Factions [TO PREVENT BOT SPAM IN FACTIONS]
  • Implement infinite block list [Honestly, I'm not blocking real players; it's the increase of Gold Bots]
  • Implement World-Wide Reports [Players cannot report other players not in the vicinity]

It's really getting out of hand.. in some screenshots I'm JUST LEVEL 6 and start to see bot spam..

Want proof? I have TONS of Screenshots:

http://prntscr.com/9vishr

http://prntscr.com/9visvg

http://prntscr.com/9vit4z 

http://prntscr.com/9viu0d

http://prntscr.com/9viv0g

http://prntscr.com/9vivap

http://prntscr.com/9vixni [MY FAVORITE ONE TODAY]

Just now, BestCatGirl said:

It will slow them down but wont stop them.

I think bots should get automaticaly muted for sending several messages too fast that way they can't spam chat all day.

It won't do a thing. its a poor solution to the problem because they are not being creative with the solution. I worked in e-mail processing millions and millions of messages for years, dealing with spam was my job. Their solutions to this problem seem very primitive to me.. and.. completely ineffective.

They also aren't doing anything different than any other game company had done in the past.. shame. There are real ways to fix this by properly identify the problem (and the problem isn't RMT spam it's that the chat system is open for abuse on the whole. Why allow ANYONE to send so many whisper messages so fast about ANY TOPIC at all?)

14 minutes ago, Rotomu said:

Honestly, level 20 will stop a good chunk of them. Getting to level 20 is time consuming. And those bots that do bother to get to level 20, if they get blocked, all that effort to get to level 20 is gone.

That's what TERA did and it worked out. I rarely saw a gold spammer there.

10 is a cake walk.

It doesn't matter what the level is. It could be 45, and it would still only stop them for a short time (until the first wave of bots gets to the proposed level) unless they actually start combating the botting process itself. I'll just quote myself from another thread about this:

1 hour ago, Zephan said:

Can't be arsed to read all 5 pages, but this solution won't work, and will in fact probably be counterproductive. See, the thing is, yes it will take them time to get to 10 so for a short time the spam will ease, but they'll be leveling bots in "waves" so to speak, so once the first wave of fresh level 10 spambots is banned the next wave will be ready to fill in, meaning there won't be a significant reduction in the frequency that new bots pop up past a couple days at the absolute maximum. And to pay for this ineffective "solution," the level 1-10 experience will now be infested with bots, interfering with the new-player experience which diminishes player retention (starts game, gets out of the tutorial; "What the *cricket*, there are bots everywhere, I can't even tag these quest mobs! Nope, I'll pass on this game." I guarantee you that we will now be seeing threads of that nature).

Before White Knighting and bitching at people for not blindly accepting this and shutting up, maybe actually think about the problem.

Just now, JDThree said:

It won't do a thing. its a poor solution to the problem because they are not being creative with the solution. I worked in e-mail processing millions and millions of messages for years, dealing with spam was my job. Their solutions to this problem seem very primitive to me.. and.. completely ineffective.

They also aren't doing anything different than any other game company had done in the past.. shame. There are real ways to fix this by properly identify the problem (and the problem isn't RMT spam it's that the chat system is open for abuse on the whole. Why allow ANYONE to send so many whisper messages so fast about ANY TOPIC at all?)

One of the things you need to understand about spam is that it has to be mass in order to be effective. It's the very definition of it. That is the key to identifying it and stopping it.

If you want to destroy the bots, you either have to start selling the gold in the ingame store for a fraction of the price they sell at, make it so it's unprofitable for them to farm and sell gold.

Or make it so they can no longer trade that gold between players,  but that is silly, 

This spam bullshit exists because people are buying this stuff, the best thing for everyone is if ncsoft just sold all this stuff themselves, people are GOING to buy gold and so on, it might as well be through the owners of the game without the spam rather then ruining the chat for everyone else. 

22 hours ago, Yui said:

I was hoping for lvl 15 chat permissions. It would have made deleting a bot 7 days.

They're being banned which closes the account, they don't have to delete their character. Even if they weren't being banned, just silenced, they wouldn't bother deleting because it would be faster to do what they do now anyway; create a new free account.

incidentely, I thnk NCsoft made a mistake with this solution they made by restricting chat through level. I just saw a lvl 4 bot spamming the chat, though not sure what it means, cause he was using the looking for group chat, not sure if that is a way to bypass the chat restriction but perhaps on the account only one character is needed to pass through lvl 10 and all characters after that are allowed access. Not entirely sure but they need to take a closer look at this.

Although its a nuisance, it doesn't restrict my gameplay and doesn't affect my opinion of the game at a whole, if something like the chat is what makes you decide to quit the game, then I suppose its best you do leave.

Considering most of the bots sale power to level, also it takes like 30 mins to reach level 10, and they even buy premium this solution of lvl 10 isn't going to do shit.

Next it's going to be like mail where you have to buy ncoin to chat in faction or region, but that will be so NC soft can money grab some more off the bots they are trying so hard to get rid of with their premium status...

Archived