Party loot system

FreedomGent

2 minutes ago, 860202_1452550288 said:

I agree with this... Phantasy Star Online 2 for example... Each party member only see's their loot... All the items they see that drop are theirs and theirs alone, no one else in the party can interact or even know of their existance... The same is for the other members as well, the items that drop that they see are only theirs... Most things of high rarity can't be traded anyway, so no rolls needed, no need or greed system... You get what you get, if you don't get it, run it again... In the long run, you'll have to do a dungeon a significantly less amount of times with a loot system like PSO2's compared to this one and pretty much every other MMO...

This does sound far more preferable to the system that enables griefing. 'Personal loot' is what it is called on other games. I do like this. Often even with personal loot, it is tradeable for a limited time with those in the party if you do want to give something away to a friend or whatever.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant believe you dont like a system where even if some jerk jacks up the price everyone in the group benefits from the cost being divided out amongst the group. And really if you are that intent on doing multiple speed runs set it up ahead of time. 

9 minutes ago, Balefire said:

I cant believe you dont like a system where even if some jerk jacks up the price everyone in the group benefits from the cost being divided out amongst the group. And really if you are that intent on doing multiple speed runs set it up ahead of time. 

Pretty sure the guy that won the bid on the jacked up item didn't benefit. It's ultimately player griefing, and it is an unfortunate and prevalent part of this loot auction system.  I just don't like it, regardless if I do get a bit of extra copper or whatever.

I get that some people like the bid option, so I don't necessarily want to see it REMOVED (unless it's in favor of personal loot that drops per character only)...but I really do want to have more options to set up how loot is distributed. True round-robin, need/greed for class-specific (where outfits and crafting materials would be greed-only, as well as the random blue fodder chests that drop, but soul shields could be needed on if the game doesn't detect one on your character), or even completely randomly-distributed loot would all be options that I would love to see instead of being forced to put up with the tedious and troll-tastic loot auction. They'd be OPTIONS, so for people who like the loot auction, they can form or join parties with those options set up, but other players wouldn't feel wrangled into it.

Whatever, I know nothing is going to be done about this anyway, so I'm not sure why I bothered to comment. Just figured I'd toss out that the loot system is really off-putting for some people, and that more options to enhance gameplay never hurt anyone.

I think people sit n wait because there  confused on how to bring back up loot window,that happened to me for a bit, so I would wait at door for loot roles to end then go in. I dont think they should be kicked for that though. If they just stand around and do nothing . Yes!. But just rolling , NO!

6 hours ago, Kadirra said:

Pretty sure the guy that won the bid on the jacked up item didn't benefit. It's ultimately player griefing, and it is an unfortunate and prevalent part of this loot auction system.  I just don't like it, regardless if I do get a bit of extra copper or whatever.

Its simple... if people start to run up the price. Stop bidding. Run the dungeon again. With a different group. Overall the bidding system is far better than any other system I have ever experienced. People keep asking for need or greed but that doesnt stop asshats from "needing" items that they dont really need. The only perfect loot system is to prevent people from rolling on items that their class cannot use. At least with this one participation is not mandatory, you can pass and save yourself the $$, and you get the divide off whatever the items go for. Personal loot would be great. I dont see it happening however. This game is well established and the Devs are unlikely to institute a change to a system that works just fine in every other market the game is out in. 

I like the system for bidding, because if someone gets an item, you still get money from it so you don't ever lose out completely. That said, NCSOFT needs to fix this ridiculous minimum value. I know it's there to "stop botters" (like that worked out...) but increasing the minimum value means that if only one person wants something and bids on it, the rest of the party gets a little bit more. Half the time, things only get 1cp bids, so only one player actually receives the 1cp because it can't be split. Even if the items still only sell for low amounts from a vendor, you could make the minimum bids be forcibly higher so everyone gets more when someone takes an item. 

What they really need to do is make it so if you wait a longer time before bidding, you get less time to counter-bid if someone outbids you (only effects you). The main issue is that people are waiting till the last second just to annoy other people and hopefully make them give up. This way, if you wait to the very last second to bid, and someone out bids you, you'd only have a few seconds available to counter-bid again or else it counts as you passing on it. You could make your timer go back to it's normal duration by bidding quickly, so people aren't punished by bidding late the first time due to distractions.

3 minutes ago, Rojo21 said:

Don't like it? Don't play it!

And then, Rojo21 was the only one playing Blade & Soul in the universe. Was so lonely.

Why was so lonely? Because all the other people made their own Blade & Soul, with blackjack and hookers.

But seriously If I must choose a loot system, I think that something like the Personal Loot of WoW is the one that I like the most. But well done, not like Blizzard that have a good idea and then proceed to broke it just for laughs.

6 minutes ago, Rojo21 said:

Don't like it? Don't play it!

Not very constructive there, friend. I love the game. I do not like the loot system as it is now. Again, I'd like other options and am not asking to 'do away with' the loot auction system entirely. Give us pure Round Robin as a choice to pick as a group leader, or Need/Greed, or even Personal Loot. I understand the current loot system is well established. I just would prefer they give us in NA more options for looting in group play.

1 hour ago, Balefire said:

Its simple... if people start to run up the price. Stop bidding. Run the dungeon again. With a different group. Overall the bidding system is far better than any other system I have ever experienced. People keep asking for need or greed but that doesnt stop asshats from "needing" items that they dont really need. The only perfect loot system is to prevent people from rolling on items that their class cannot use. At least with this one participation is not mandatory, you can pass and save yourself the $$, and you get the divide off whatever the items go for. Personal loot would be great. I dont see it happening however. This game is well established and the Devs are unlikely to institute a change to a system that works just fine in every other market the game is out in. 

Quote for visibility.  I think there's a minimum bid amount option in the party, which hopefully reduces the time spent on bidding... but actually there is a way to set the number of bids a person can make on one item so people can't just drive up price 1 copper at a time.

9 hours ago, Kadirra said:

This is not necessarily the case. Was in a run where a guy was trying to get his sword and was the only sword user in the group. 2 others drove the bid up high, and finally let the guy get it, then laughed (lols) and thanked him for his money. They did it just to gouge him. It's griefing, for their amusement or their money grabbing or both. It's an unpleasant system that allows for this behavior.

Whose gouging whom?  The sword user that wanted his teammates who helped him take down big bad monster X to get nothing for their effort while he got a nice shiny sword, or the teammates who wanted some money from the guy getting his nice shiny sword.

Whose the greedy one?  I'd say it's the guy wanting to get his sword for free while his teammates got jack, as opposed to the teammates who simply wanted a fair share.

edit:  P.S.  There is actually a game mechanics reason why people wait until the last second to raise a bid, that has nothing to do with simply hoping people get bored.  It's part of the broken functionality that is the bid system.

I think to some item should be given "priority", for example, if there is an item class specific, only player with that class can bid... I did more runs because some idiots made bid for item they didn't need but they had more money than me <.<

The system is ... ok. I like it more for highly rare drops, but i hate the time that's wasted for common/trash drops. There are so often people that just dont care and close the window and the system doesnt pass on items.. it just thinks the person wants to idle the bid for 10 secs. In best case scenario bidding taked 1 minute for 6 drops because somebody never passes... which is stupid. 

Need'n greed for low drops, bidding for final boss drops. Would be much better.

I also made a post listing a few flaws in the current system that i'd like to see fixed, you might want to check it out. ("Fix the bidding system please")

i only played a few mmo's and the system i think works best is tera's. you can select class only picks and no looting during battle or everyone has to roll on everything (for those that never get anything). drops for the most part are never for my class(fm) 

The game is design this way.

If you wanna compare it to other games then play the games you

talking about instead of complaining and changing this game to suit you...

Yes! I run dungeons over and over and been outbid many times.

NO complains here that's just how it is!

The loot system is flawed in this sense.
Player A is party leader.
Player A switches the loot method to "master loot" at the last minute before loot drop
Player A then has control of all the loot and tells Players B C and D to get *cricket*ed.

don't be player A.

Yeah there always people who want to be fast hindered by people who bid for trash, and that make the same people that really don't care wasting other time winning trashes over and over again.

Should definitely add option for true RNG so we can get it done in less than 1 second.

On 27.01.2016 г. at 1:04 AM, Whargoul said:

The loot system is flawed in this sense.
Player A is party leader.
Player A switches the loot method to "master loot" at the last minute before loot drop
Player A then has control of all the loot and tells Players B C and D to get *cricket*ed.

don't be player A.

Hopefully if people abuse the system too much NCSOFT will change how it works .

So go ahead and be player A for a week , I highly recommend it .

Game has some of the shortest dungeon clear times and queue times around and what do people do? Complain about some mechanic they don't like slowing it down. Fast dungeon clears are still fast.

Bidding is part of the game. Imo it's part of the fun. AND you can ignore it completely and still get personalized loot for every single dungeon clear. You can be dead broke and a dungeon is still worth running.

"But I want a party focused on x specifically" Form one!

3 hours ago, Lifesong said:

Bidding is part of the game. Imo it's part of the fun. AND you  can  ignore it completely and still get personalized loot for every single dungeon clear. You can be dead broke and a dungeon is still worth running.

Except you  CAN'T , you still have to wait for them to finish otherwise no reason to party.

It's not fun to wait for greedy person.

7 minutes ago, FreedomGent said:

Except you  CAN'T , you still have to wait for them to finish otherwise no reason to party.

It's not fun to wait for greedy person.

It's not fun to play with an impatient child. Sadly, thanks to the value in random grouping we get stuck together. A shame, I know.

On 1/27/2016 at 8:52 AM, AmbivalentCat said:

You'd be wrong. I lost both a Blight staff and a cat accessory in different runs where I was the only summoner. Other people just bid too high for me to get them at that level, and they couldn't use them. Some people are just jerks. Same with the ones that juke people into over-bidding a ridiculously high bid when they're in a bidding war, then pass on it.

I can't say the RNG need/greed system is better for sure or not; I think without the money problems you have while leveling, it would be superior here too, but making gold in dungeons was the only way I got above a silver (or above a few a bit later on) at low levels. Problem with this system is that you can't force it to be class-specific, so you really need to run with friends if you don't want some idiot with too much gold bidding high on all your stuff.

That is when i boost the bid. I almost lost the cat accessory as well and was the only summoner I think a FM Lyn was bidding I just bumped it by a silver they bid again and i bumped it by another silver and then they gave up. I did the same for the last pieces of my soul shield as well and i didn't really bid on anything the whole run because i was running for the shield at the time. The bid system is better than need vs greed you just have to play it smart and know when to concede

Archived