Party loot system

FreedomGent

I can't believe people like this system, I think most of them who do it are greedy person.

I prefer to have fast hunt to get even more loot than just sitting in one place for a long time.

Most people will pass on such things, and when I see anyone sitting to much time in bidding process rather than helping the party I'll kick them from my party.

Because even if we pass we still have to wait several minutes for bidding process. Usually 1-3 persons in a party is a sucker who want every drops with as little money as possible.

Mostly this greedy little man who wait others to run out of patience to pass on the items and get them for cheap.

This become worsen when several purple drops one time at several times in one dungeon. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, EhUEHUHE said:

I like the system , I think it's fair .

Fair for people who like sitting and bidding and wasting everyone else time in the party,

not all people like to waste their time, especially when they need to finish a dungeon several times.

14 minutes ago, FreedomGent said:

Fair for people who like sitting and bidding and wasting everyone else time in the party,

not all people like to waste their time, especially when they need to finish a dungeon several times.

What do you mean waste their time , aren't we all playing games to waste our time ?

I would like the option to choose Round Robin without the loot auction at all, for those who do not like the loot auction system or those just running around playing with friends.

Adding a Need/Greed option would also be helpful.

As it stands now, I loathe the current model of loot auction. I've seen many using the system to grief others, at this point, and it seems to only favor those who buy gold. I dread dungeons not because of the dungeon itself, but the hassle of the loot auction and knowing someone's going to likely make a sport of the whole terrible deal. Very unpleasant.

5 minutes ago, Kadirra said:

I would like the option to choose Round Robin without the loot auction at all, for those who do not like the loot auction system or those just running around playing with friends.

Adding a Need/Greed option would also be helpful.

As it stands now, I loathe the current model of loot auction. I've seen many using the system to grief others, at this point, and it seems to only favor those who buy gold. I dread dungeons not because of the dungeon itself, but the hassle of the loot auction and knowing someone's going to likely make a sport of the whole terrible deal. Very unpleasant.

Problem is some people that wait until the timer end and only add a li'l bit copper, MOST of the time it work like that.

If people bidding with much money then ok we got the money shared, and time used is justified, but MOST of the time it don't work like that.

I don't mind it. I wish the timer was a little quicker since a lot of players like to run the timer before placing their next bid but I prefer bidding what I feel it's worth vs relying on RNG to give it to me. Compared to other games I've repeated dungeons way less in BnS vs WoW, FFXIV and other MMOs. If enough people make suggestions though we may see a change (big maybe). 

It's fair coz if you need that item and you are a normal person you will just bid as much as you need for that thing or as much as you think you should if someone else bids more it means he needs it more or he just had more money

1 minute ago, Shikava said:

It's fair coz if you need that item and you are a normal person you will just bid as much as you need for that thing or as much as you think you should if someone else bids more it means he needs it more or he just had more money

This is not necessarily the case. Was in a run where a guy was trying to get his sword and was the only sword user in the group. 2 others drove the bid up high, and finally let the guy get it, then laughed (lols) and thanked him for his money. They did it just to gouge him. It's griefing, for their amusement or their money grabbing or both. It's an unpleasant system that allows for this behavior.

You can choose option where looting system if off when you fight. Also you can set minimum price of items so everyone will loot for what they really need. Personally I like this system most of all, Yes it's not perfect but there aren't better systems anyway, Finders-keeper sucks undoubtfully, random system (Like Tera) sucks too, bcs everybody will roll a dice on items they don't even need, and they might get item which is only necessary for your class in party, but because someone rolled higher he gets it, even though he doesn't needs it. But in BnS I think for example ForceMaster won't waste money on Sword or Axe.

Bidding is fine. Maybe lower the bid time to 5 seconds or so. I hear of some people wait until last second to bid and that can get annoying if there was multiple bidding involved. Also, I believe the items that are not bid for should be distributed round robin style. I sometimes feel that some players spend more of their concentration on picking up everything that drops instead of contributing to the party. Party loot option change should only be allowed if majority of party member agrees; as to prevent any possible abuse. I'm not sure about party kicking system, but hopefully that's fair and easy to use also.

3 minutes ago, Shikava said:

Yeah I saw even worse but that's not the bid system that's annoying it's the players that is doing stuff that 10yrs old would do or whatever 

Yes, and if that kind of thing were a rarity, I'd only consider the loot auction an annoyance. But it isn't rare. I'd say 1 out of 3 runs I've done has had some manner of loot asshattery pulled, or as I have been referring to it ...player griefing. It's just a miserable experience.

As for running around with friends, not being able to do a pure Round Robin looting and being forced to use the loot auction system if a high quality item drops, is frustrating. We just don't want it. We'd like the option of toggling it off or having other options like need/greed/pass without money being involved.

6 minutes ago, Gazer said:

But in BnS I think for example ForceMaster won't waste money on Sword or Axe.

You'd be wrong. I lost both a Blight staff and a cat accessory in different runs where I was the only summoner. Other people just bid too high for me to get them at that level, and they couldn't use them. Some people are just jerks. Same with the ones that juke people into over-bidding a ridiculously high bid when they're in a bidding war, then pass on it.

I can't say the RNG need/greed system is better for sure or not; I think without the money problems you have while leveling, it would be superior here too, but making gold in dungeons was the only way I got above a silver (or above a few a bit later on) at low levels. Problem with this system is that you can't force it to be class-specific, so you really need to run with friends if you don't want some idiot with too much gold bidding high on all your stuff.

I don't understand why so many MMO's want to stick with this archaic loot system that forces party members to fight over loot. Simplest solution, all the loot that drops on your screen is your loot every thing that drops on mine is my loot and there is no shared loot pool, think Diablo 3. In general though, I am not impressed by the loot or equipment system of this game at all but that is neither here nor there. 

1 minute ago, AmbivalentCat said:

You'd be wrong. I lost both a Blight staff and a cat accessory in different runs where I was the only summoner. Other people just bid too high for me to get them at that level, and they couldn't use them. Some people are just jerks. Same with the ones that juke people into over-bidding a ridiculously high bid when they're in a bidding war, then pass on it.

I can't say the RNG need/greed system is better for sure or not; I think without the money problems you have while leveling, it would be superior here too, but making gold in dungeons was the only way I got above a silver (or above a few a bit later on) at low levels. Problem with this system is that you can't force it to be class-specific, so you really need to run with friends if you don't want some idiot with too much gold bidding high on all your stuff.

That just happens only on early levels, on high levels people understand things. personally that has never happened to me as i had got blight and corrupt bangle  from first chest :D and also cat dress is tradeable so you can't just say "I'm summoner so i get cat dress for 1 bronze", It's a source of money. but biding for weapon which is not tradeable and isn't even for your class is just noobish thing which won't take place in high levels, I assure you.

I agree with this... Phantasy Star Online 2 for example... Each party member only see's their loot... All the items they see that drop are theirs and theirs alone, no one else in the party can interact or even know of their existance... The same is for the other members as well, the items that drop that they see are only theirs... Most things of high rarity can't be traded anyway, so no rolls needed, no need or greed system... You get what you get, if you don't get it, run it again... In the long run, you'll have to do a dungeon a significantly less amount of times with a loot system like PSO2's compared to this one and pretty much every other MMO...

Archived