Oceanic Servers

Vyrenz

Hey guys, I know there has been quite a lot of posts about this already, but I felt like I needed to add to this before I get max level. I really do enjoy the game but with my ping, there is no way I, or any other Oceanic players can really compete against NA players. I made a video which I will link below (if this is not allowed then feel free to remove this post) about why we should have our own servers with our ping. It's not very in-depth but if people would like a very more in-depth view then I can make one. The video isn't some professionally made video, but just something I threw together in like 10 minutes. So please to all you Oceanic players, and hell, even you NA and Eu folk, please share this video around so NC are well aware of the demand for these servers.

Thank you guys :)

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/958/585/460/show-ncsoft-that-there-is-a-demand-for-an-oceanic-sea-server-for-blade-soul/

The petition is there for Oceanic players to sign to show we are interested in having our servers/data centre

Just now, Whimsicalalien said:

I'm working in Asia and get a ping similar to Oceanics 300+. Some of my abilities come 1-2 seconds after I press them. I can level and pve OK but PvP is a pain :)

It is a true pain man, I feel ya 100%

This is because the latency from NZ or AU to San Jose (via Hawaii) is 127ms minmum and from SJ to Texas is roughly 50ms (though you can do a little better with VPN). Not sure which city you are at but you shouldn't get any more than 200ms. Try ping to any ip in san jose (4.16.44.46) and see what you are getting. if you are getting more than 200ms it is your ISP issue (or your LAN)

When I played this game in KR server from NZ, the ping was flux between 300ms-500ms and it was definitely unplayable even for PvE. Leveling to 45 was easy but some of elite dungeon, you can't play role properly as you are unable to dodge AoE or you get one or two shotted. As a melee you will almost want to be carried or get kicked in the middle of dungeon. The contents got a lot easier after the patch though (with aoe telegraph which wasn't there 2 years ago). You have to dodge by looking at AI motion as previously they didn't put telegraph even at 6 man dungeon. 

Ping from NZ to NA is much better and more stable it is sitting at somewhere between 158ms - 168ms. You can reflect easily and be able to dodge in time.

Just now, Chocochip said:

This is because the latency from NZ or AU to San Jose (via Hawaii) is 127ms minmum and from SJ to Texas is roughly 50ms (though you can do a little better with VPN). Not sure which city you are at but you shouldn't get any more than 200ms. Try ping to any ip in san jose (4.16.44.46) and see what you are getting. if you are getting more than 200ms it is your ISP issue (or your LAN)

When I played this game in KR server from NZ, the ping was flux between 300ms-500ms and it was definitely unplayable even for PvE. Leveling to 45 was easy but some of elite dungeon, you can't play role properly as you are unable to dodge AoE or you get one or two shotted. As a melee you will almost want to be carried or get kicked in the middle of dungeon. The contents got a lot easier after the patch though (with aoe telegraph which wasn't there 2 years ago). You have to dodge by looking at AI motion as previously they didn't put telegraph even at 6 man dungeon. 

Ping from NZ to NA is much better and more stable it is sitting at somewhere between 158ms - 168ms. You can reflect easily and be able to dodge in time.

I use WTfast and I get 250ms connected to Texas. I'm in Australia

I couldn't agree more with this. With a game like this that requires quick reaction times for countering abilities etc, We definitely need Localized servers for the Oceanic Region. I play a Blade Dancer and my auto attack for example feels extremely slow to attack compared to videos i have seen with people playing within the region of their server. I've heard they are planning a World Championship for the game that Korea has had for a while and now people from the English version are able to enter, It would be hard for anyone who is outside of the servers region such as NA/EU to be able to even train themselves to be good enough to enter that tournament, You can only play so good when your connection to the server effects your reaction time/attack speed etc. "World" Championship isn't really a "World" Championship if only NA/EU and Korea and any other location Blade and Soul is Localized, The world isn't just those regions. Who knows perhaps someone here in the Oceania region has the potential to dominate the leaderboards and earn Championship status. But sadly with the lack of Servers in the region we are unable to show off our potential. Other Big Games including MMO's have now introduced Oceanic Servers such as WoW/LoL/DotA2/CS:GO etc, All of which are played as esports. Im sure its nice for NA/EU to finally get localized servers but we in Oceania have been waiting to.

TL:DR If the game wants to live and be known as an esport it needs to have more localized servers to bring a bigger player base and let people show their true potential without being held by the skill cap called latency. New servers for example in Oceania/ANZ(Australia/New Zealand).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived