Forums

DPS Meter Request

osembai

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a note:

DPS meters are nice in other type of games.

DPS meters are sometimes a dependency coming from other games.

In BnS specifically:

A personal private DPS meter, can be useful to measure your own performance and improve it (if ping stays constant).

A forcibly public DPS meter can be easily misused and be deterring for social interactions and for an healthy grow of the game community (i.e. by kids obnoxiously dicking around their e-peen and unpromptedly slapping it on other player's face without even grasping the concept that DPS is not the essence of this game and that even it was it is strongly dependant from the player's ping to the game server), if the game community is not composed by 100% well educated and trusted individuals. I don't see BnS community reaching this requirement right now.

A voluntarily toggable public DPS meter can be fun with friends who you trust, and who can help you improve in your gaming experience (if ping stays constant).

In any case, even if it could lead developers to better balance the pve aspect of the game, it would 100% surely lead to TONS and TON and TONS of "QQ nerf blabla it is impossible i've got my ass handed by someone else" threads.

4 minutes ago, Luori said:

again please refrain from saying things like if you're good you'll know that a dos meter woul be a bloatware. that could be misunderstood as an insult ;-)

and thanks but i already see the boss health. it's just very time consuming and hard to try to analyse like that.

oh btw i have another suggestion.

5) i would like longer sparring matches or the option to set an indefinite end. or to end, when you're KO.

if i go sparring with a friend (assasin) the time always runs out before one gets killed :( especially since he's sneaky :P

12 minutes ago, Qsmoke said:

to all the ppl cry about aggro, cmon pls inform yourself first, there are skills that increase your aggro and items too like the braclets. and if a FM or any squishy class gets aggro it doesnt change anything. Best tanks anyway are BM and KFM. 

Oh! Having a DPS overview at end of dungeon would be great. I approve. Even if only for the player's viewing pleasure. I would think this may also add in a friendly competition, in that each player tries to contribute more in dungeons.

In the time you all argue about a DPs meter you could have easily tested out builds and compared your damage output from the combat log tab in your chat (yes thats what its for) and gotten better.

Sure DPS meters have pros and cons but the cons outweigh the pros by far. Look at the game already? Greedy people cheating on loot system in dungeons, toxic players, imagine what a dps meter would do?

If all of you would really be into improvements and really want to get better as you all say there are plenty korean sites with all the calculations and tips you need to easily calculate your dps and see what you need to change and improve but most just don't want to put the effort into it.

Everything is right there: skill damage clearly shown on skills depending on used weapons, simple skill rotations, clear gem descriptions, same stats on all weapons and jewelry across all classes, you even clearly see your own stats and the bosses HP pool.

The reason you all aren't doing it is simply because you all preach "its to get better" but truth its its to point down at people that to bad dps and to feel superior so at least be honest here.

Not to mention the game is there to have fun and enjoy it and not let it be another warground to create even more elitist players than there already are and ruin it for others.

IF....and i say IF it would be just a damage summary of your own character and visible only for you, yourself alone then sure implement it, since its to improve yourself then you dont need to see others right? Simple, other than that its a clear no.

10 minutes ago, HateMe said:

In the time you all argue about a DPs meter you could have easily tested out builds and compared your damage output from the combat log tab in your chat (yes thats what its for) and gotten better.

Sure DPS meters have pros and cons but the cons outweigh the pros by far. Look at the game already? Greedy people cheating on loot system in dungeons, toxic players, imagine what a dps meter would do?

If all of you would really be into improvements and really want to get better as you all say there are plenty korean sites with all the calculations and tips you need to easily calculate your dps and see what you need to change and improve but most just don't want to put the effort into it.

Everything is right there: skill damage clearly shown on skills depending on used weapons, simple skill rotations, clear gem descriptions, same stats on all weapons and jewelry across all classes, you even clearly see your own stats and the bosses HP pool.

The reason you all aren't doing it is simply because you all preach "its to get better" but truth its its to point down at people that to bad dps and to feel superior so at least be honest here.

Not to mention the game is there to have fun and enjoy it and not let it be another warground to create even more elitist players than there already are and ruin it for others.

IF....and i say IF it would be just a damage summary of your own character and visible only for you, yourself alone then sure implement it, since its to improve yourself then you dont need to see others right? Simple, other than that its a clear no.

i am honest. not to mention that i am normally a healer in other games and i never wanna feel superior but you will know best. you're doin nothing more than what you say you don't like. we're all alike, we're all bad and we all just wanna feed our epenis. it's you who's looking down on us right now. and sry i am new to the game i am researching sites but i don't really find a lot because i am not that good. and yes i have other stuff to do than looking for ours yeah. why is it wrong to find a more comfortable way? like you said the game is about fun and only because i want to improve doesn't mean that i want to spend days on stuff, that could be so much easier. there's a life out there too and only because i think it can be made easier doesn't mean i need it to look down on people. because i don't. furthermore, i want to test things myself and adapt to my personal playstyle. i never just copy what other people tell me is good. and it's a constant change and a analysis tool just comes in handy for that.

and for instance descriptions are a pain in the ass in this game. there are so many inaccurate or wrong descriptions...really annoying.

and btw i suggested a report or not to allow to post dps. and i even would be fine to only analyse my stats because it would be sufficient. it would be nice to compare it with others of my class but this can be voluntary or on a site or whatever. i am open for suggestions. and a dps meter for myself would be a hell of a help! 

5 minutes ago, HateMe said:

I've made similar considerations, but then i realize that if your latency goes from 40ms to 400ms because of external reasons then your DPS (for what they are worth) and all the theory crafting inexorably would turn to moot.

So looking deeper even a private personal dps meter would be a fun tool to play with, but have little real value.

This is why you can click on players and pick "Character info" there you can compare the stats. I am not looking down on anyone, i dont care if i do good or bad dps, i focus on having fun and pulling my own weight.

And calculating it yourself is more beneficial for you as then you learn exactly what has what impact and how it works which give you far more ways of improvement than just a blunt number of "300 dmg per second". this is how you find out that for certain classes a diamond with additional damage 25 works better in some situations than a diamond with 25 attack power and a dps meter will never show you that.

@Nessuno

Well i know ping has an impact but you really cant use it in determining the optimal dps as it is too much of a changing variable. And thats why i said if its something visible only for you and only about your own character then sure all for it but if it shows other players then its a big NO.

37 minutes ago, RogueJustice said:

I would not enjoy seeing a DPS meter - It creates a elitist community beyond what we already have. This game is not so hard that a group with one or two lower dps players cannot down a dungeon. All a meter does is gives you some sick justification to kick some one. Get over yourselves and enjoy the game.

yeah it's not that hard but try doing 4man lab when it comes out with a bunch of trashcans who only have gear because they bought gold or grinded mindlesly, using a trash build or only spamming flicker as bm or something. 

9 minutes ago, HateMe said:

This is why you can click on players and pick "Character info" there you can compare the stats. I am not looking down on anyone, i dont care if i do good or bad dps, i focus on having fun and pulling my own weight.

And calculating it yourself is more beneficial for you as then you learn exactly what has what impact and how it works which give you far more ways of improvement than just a blunt number of "300 dmg per second". this is how you find out that for certain classes a diamond with additional damage 25 works better in some situations than a diamond with 25 attack power and a dps meter will never show you that.

@Nessuno

Well i know ping has an impact but you really cant use it in determining the optimal dps as it is too much of a changing variable. And thats why i said if its something visible only for you and only about your own character then sure all for it but if it shows other players then its a big NO.

which means absolutely nothing. because i cannot get the recipe for merry potters (and not wanting to spend gold on transform stones so i have enough of it to bid for said recipe) my gear is still awakened infernal sword, with pvp bopae from faction etc. i can outdps people with profane weapons and poh bopae as blademaster (even other blademasters better geared than me) without any threat specc in my skills just because i dont mindlesly spam flicker in draw stance. dps meter is needed if nothing else a personal one which only you see. that way at least people will realise they are shit and maybe improve themselves.

sounds to me like you are placing too much blame on DPS meters. most people that hate them aren't very good to begin with. But the hate is placed on a few small things that most of you should just ignore anyways. 

yes a few people complain. but they are going to do that anyways. just don't play with them. If they don't want to play with you. don't force yourself on them.

Look at the bots that spam gold selling sites. it seems like there are hundreds of them. it doesn't stop and it's annoying. but you click and block 2 or 3 of them and it all stops. yeah they return with a new trash name and account and start up again. but the annoying DPS kids don't. there are only a few of them that are annoying. the DPS kids aren't going to make a new account level it up just to annoy you.

there are hundreds of thousands of people playing this I'm sure. not everyone is spamming chat. it just seems that way. the same goes for DPS meters. those same kids are going to annoy you with or without a DPS meter. you are just using the DPS meter as an annoying lighting rod.

9 minutes ago, Taemek said:

Damage meters have pros and cons.

For the people who genuinely want to progress and be better players and not waste peoples time, it helps to get every last bit out of their characters to help the *team*, key word here, *TEAM*.

The downside is, yes some people use it in a negative way, just ignore them and move on.

with what this guy said I'll add this. I'm a person that uses DPS meters to adjust specs and ability rotations to maximize DPS output. I then share this info. I can't do this without a DPS meter. Yeah I can take a crazy amount of time and crunch each number and take down each hit over the time of a fight. but it will be inaccurate at the end of the day. as we wouldn't know what areas of the fight were working what parts of the rotation were working and what isn't.  this info can and has been used to balance gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Lee said:

bunch of basic average kiddies that are afraid of damage meters. a good player will have good mechanics and good damage. the only people opposed to this who already know they are bad and just want to get carried

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Jaffar said:

all those people who are against dps meter are just chickens who are afraid to face reality.

you enjoy feeling strong when kill boss in dungeon. but you have no idea how much you actually contributed to it. Living in lie. it's choise. but for us who dun wanna live in lie plz stop this nonsense.

Osembai dude hang in there. Get ur mechanism to defend urself against NOOBS and no brainers.

awesome ego there .. you don't even have a DPS meter and you are hosing down the forums with testosterone 

NO to DPS meters the dungeons are already all about fast fast and faster .. I play a game for fun not just to prove my little dick is bigger than your little dick

I was a DPS meter *cricket* in just about every game I've played. There's no reason for one here. This game isn't about min/maxing dps, but instead using the right combos for the right situations. You could easily be doing everything right and end up at the bottom of the meter in this game.

Saying there is no necessity for a dps meter is like saying you cant have pizza for dinner. Sure,you can get something else for dinner,but pizza tastes awesome.

and that is the case with BnS. I know you all are scared of ( LFM PoH have 20k dps),e.g. Gearscore addon in WotLK,but remember instances are crossserver,arena is balanced in terms of stats. 

Second thought : Playstyle. How a dps meter affects your playstyle ? you know from the start of the game what kind of path you have in mind. do you want a CC based FM,or a Bulky destroyer,a support Summoner? than just do it,no Dps meter will stop you from doing that. Anyone with enough brain will see the path you took while doing instances with you and will benefit and trust me,even thank you for doing that.

Another thing : Bidding system. Unless you running pve with clan or friends you got the gold bidding sistem. It doesn't matter you had the biggest dps according to the meters,in the end you have no gold to bid ,while the lower dps will get the items. But the dps addon will help you know where you stand,what you have to improve,and improve the speccing diversity. 

This is 2016 ,i'm not 12 years anymore to write dmg on sheets of paper or the nomber of crits i get in a minute ( i did that in Laghaim at that age). There are ways to do theorycrafting ( and if the term isnt known to you,you're too new in the performant mmorpg wannabe players),but i'd rather use the simple,classic (since WoW) solution that in the end doesn't impact nor change the game,neither the community,neither the path you wanna have in this game.

2 hours ago, Bruce Lee said:

bunch of basic average kiddies that are afraid of damage meters. a good player will have good mechanics and good damage. the only people opposed to this who already know they are bad and just want to get carried

Whats wrong with getting carried? we all been there and we all do it now and carry others.. I was in grp with lvl 25 in Tomb Of Exile,did i care? nope. This game doesn't have holy trinity and people shouldn't focus much about their dps rather then to survive longer. many times in Blackram supply we had bad party member with like 16k hp or so and never gave him hard time about it,we were all at that point in the game once.

this game doesn't need dps meter,as someone else said,there are classes that take party "buffs" and throw away they're dps ,if they start changing that and start playing for themselfs only maybe just then grp gets wiped?

DPS meter can only bring bad thins and this game doesn't need them,this game doesn't need questions before going into the dungeon like,hey whats your dps? etc. it's just not that kind of a game.

this thread is cancer. i am BM who focuses on aggro bosses with block (right click aggro+threat) to tank bosses ..... i can do dmg,yes but i wont be able to do few attacks while i blocking a hit... and ofcourse  thread was made by "usefull lyn" whos only purpose in pt is to do dmg, nothing else *cricket* sake assasins can be more usefull .... go take u DPS metter in u ..and go play WoW. i wana see how your lyn and u dps party gona survive silverfrost patch,meh .. where u probably gona be one of who dies first.. + people already have FPS problems this gona decrease fps too ...

20 hours ago, Swiftray said:

And again this DPS Meter topic.... Do we need it? Hell yes! Are people wrong who don't want DPS Meters? Hell Yes!

DPS Meter is a simple tools which tells you facts. It don't harass you it just tells you how bad you really play. No lies, true facts. There are also more games with DPS meters like WoW, Skyforge and SWTOR and NONE of those games are bad and the community don't want to play without it (well... except those 0brain/dps chillers who feel harassed if someone mention about their DPS lack) .

And if you FEEL harassed by the outcoming Data from the DPS Meter about your playstyle... loal

6837685.jpg

I have always ALWAYS - always - downloaded and installed dps meters in every single mmorpg I've played. I wanted to see if my rotation is good, nuances of the class, other classes, is mu gear up to par or is the problem with my play and so on and so forth.

I have no problem with the concept with having a dps meter. Therefore, your post is barking at the wrong tree, at least in my case.

Now, why dps meter is bad IN GENERAL in this game, regardless of your feefees:

In a game like Blade and Soul, dps meter is nonsensical. No, I am not saying it's nonsensical because of the people who will troll others or because I am carebear or whatnot, it's MECHANICALLY nonsensical. A destroyer who specced into longer grab? What will his dps meter show? And what will happen when he sees he does half the damage of everybody else? That's right, he'll switch his very useful build into a yolo one which will contribute TEN TIMES LESS in a dungeon. But yes, his dps will skyrocket.

A personal dps meter only you can see? That is cool. You can compare your dps with your previous ones, your dps with friends' dps, ask people in dungeon about their dps etc.

A personal dps meter in mushin and other 1p content? Sure, why not. A great tool for improving oneself and analyzing one's play.

See? There a dps meter could go into play. But party content? Nonsensical. Not because I DON'T WANT A DPS METER - as I've explained, I had it in every single one mmo i've played out of dozens of them. But because it doesn't make sense.

And, wait for it - not that it doesn't make sense - it's damaging. Now you will go on your troll tirade about special little flowers and big bullies, but no, I am not talking about that, no matter how much you would wish I would. I am talking about pure technicalities. 

This isn't a trinity-based game with clearly defined roles. The pve content is not separated in that matter. That's why you grab someone else's thrown opponent, you can duo-stun bosses etc. It is nonsensical to compare one summoner to another, or summoner to other class. That goes for every class. Maybe not for assassin, but you get my point.

I am confused as to how on earth you can't see something so obvious? It's baffling.

A personal dps for soloing bosses etc? Sure, why not.

And trust me, your adolescent acting out isn't impressive. I am trying not to be snarky but it's really hard when you encounter someone who actually writes a post constructed like yours, without being ironic.

loal

26 minutes ago, Asuka said:

In a game like Blade and Soul, dps meter is nonsensical. No, I am not saying it's nonsensical because of the people who will troll others or because I am carebear or whatnot, it's MECHANICALLY nonsensical. A destroyer who specced into longer grab? What will his dps meter show? And what will happen when he sees he does half the damage of everybody else? That's right, he'll switch his very useful build into a yolo one which will contribute TEN TIMES LESS in a dungeon. But yes, his dps will skyrocket.

That's it. An "ingame dps meter" (Not an external one) have this effect, less supporting to the team and more YEAHLOOKATMYDPS, that's the "real world", all for the sake of dps.

It's ok for Mushin's tower (Even without dps numbers, the finishing time can give you an idea about your dps), pvp, soloing bosses. But... Not for party dungeons. That's just toxic and doesn't show classes true pve potential.

It's just that it doesn't fit in this game. There are no "dps" classes, "tank" classes, and "healing" classes .-.

DPS meters are great for trying to improve yourself. I think the only people that wouldn't want it suck at dpsing, and don't want to be compared. They could easily make a dps meter that doesn't check other peoples damage if that makes you goobers feel better.

There's many, many good reasons for dps meters. and no real bad reasons. any argument that uses the word "toxic" is ignored by me.

Archived