DPS Meter Request

osembai

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont understand why people dont like dps meters ... are all of u so afraid to actually see what ur contributing in dungeons ?

i would love to test my different specs in dungeons and see if my or grp dps increases *cricket* ur e-peen i want to optimize my playstyle without having to count every number on my screen ... 

also u could then actually say which stats u want or how much crit and stuff u actually need to get higher dps 

Couple of problems I have with DPS meter... Say you have party where summoner or destroyer/BD grabs have group chi buffs and enemy defense debuffs.  All the sudden your DPS will be really high.  Go into the same dungeon again with party with no group buffs and your DPS has dropped significantly.  You played the same, but the numbers tell a different story.  

Other than that it would be good to see if someone is sandbagging.

1 minute ago, Pico said:

Couple of problems I have with DPS meter... lrt'd say you have party where summoner or destroyer/BD grabs have group chi buffs and enemy defense debuffs.  All the sudden your DPS will be really high.  Go into the same dungeon again with party with no group buffs and your DPS has dropped significantly.  You played the same, but the numbers tell a different story.

yeah if u think that way ur doing it wrong XD why wouldnt u take into account which buffs u got lol ... ofc u have to see the whole picture but also later on when we have training dummies how do u wanna test if ur doing more dmg or less ? reading ur combat log and adding the numbers on ur own or what 

DPS meters are great, Epeen monsters not so much. DPS meter allows you to try different PVE builds, Shield setups to increase your performance.

nothing wrong with trying to better ones self.

To all you guys who cry about WoW. WoW allowed you to do what you wanted  with your UI and it was a big part of holding Sub.

2 minutes ago, Pico said:

Couple of problems I have with DPS meter... lrt'd say you have party where summoner or destroyer/BD grabs have group chi buffs and enemy defense debuffs.  All the sudden your DPS will be really high.  Go into the same dungeon again with party with no group buffs and your DPS has dropped significantly.  You played the same, but the numbers tell a different story.

Obviously not every run is the same, but you know what classes you're playing with. Eventually you get the picture. There's a way to see or know all the buffs and debuffs (I hope lol) Like playing tera with warrior or a healer in party, they reduce endurance of enemies significantly, it's different than playing without one in your party.

Never played a game with DPS meter, but I would say no to that in BnS. It will only lead to discrimination and we really don't want that. Besides is not like the most important thing is the actual dmg you make but the timing as someone already mentioned. It is far more important to land a stun or knockback on the right time other than the amount of dmg you make.

Dps meter is toxic af. it is not needed in this game. plus dps meters bring sheet dmg wh o res. people will stop contributing to the overall dps of everyone else. and just focus on their dps so they look better. 

go play wow if you wanna scratch your e-peen

43 minutes ago, Brainy said:

Let me tell you why DPS meter is not good.

As someone playing destroyer, I can put points into my grab to give people infinite chi and higher crit rate as long as I hold the boss (up to 6 sec). The cooldown on that is 14 seconds. This way I give the whole party increased damage and it adds up to way more than I could by myself do in that time.

Now, imagine if I would care about the DPS meter. I'd skip putting points into helping others do damage and skip CC-ing the boss altogether. I will most likely do a crapton more damage, but the overall party damage would suffer by a huge amount.

Please, if you want DPS meter, go play something else.

nobody is saying that is a bad thing. and i don't understand why it is nessecary to say things like if you want a dps meter, play another game. this should be a serious discussion. however jaffar's comment about chickens wasn't better... 

Furthermore, most of the people know that dps is not everything that is important in a dungeon. However,i t is useful for improvement. mainly you compare yourself to yourself or other players of your class. you test combos. especially if i skill into more survival, i wanna know what dps i lose. or for pvp what are good combos? how can i burst? normally dps meter also include incoming damage, absorbs, heals, etc.... if you skill into survival wouldn't it be nice to know how much you block, heal, absorb, do estimate what it is worth? nobody needs to use a dps meter if he/she doesn't want to. but it's very useful for selfimprovement and understand my skills. I don't know if it always was my servers but people actually asked for their dmg/heals whatever. it's not used to say you're not worth being in a party. like you said, everyone has a different role.

1 minute ago, CalaMatis said:

Never played a game with DPS meter, but I would say no to that in BnS. It will only lead to discrimination and we really don't want that. Besides is not like the most important thing is the actual dmg you make but the timing as someone already mentioned. It is far more important to land a stun or knockback on the right time other than the amount of dmg you make.

idc if its the most important thing in the game or not ??? i know u can complete most of the stuff without having any good dps but i just wanna know and maybe optimize what im doing because i like to actually doing things properly and not just like the average player

Anyone else find these responses funny? Feels like we're talking to parents that believe all kids should get participation awards...

In all seriousness, I don't see the problem with meters. People who want to improve and do things fast and efficiently, use them. Those who don't and see them as a cancer to the community, don't use them. Group with others to match your play-style. Don't hinder others just because you can't/wont understand why they'd want this. After all, mmo's are and will always be a numbers game.

4 minutes ago, Luori said:

nobody is saying that is a bad thing. and i don't understand why it is nessecary to say things like if you want a dps meter, play another game. this should be a serious discussion. however jaffar's comment about chickens wasn't better... 

Furthermore, most of the people know that dps is not everything that is important in a dungeon. However,i t is useful for improvement. mainly you compare yourself to yourself or other players of your class. you test combos. especially if i skill into more survival, i wanna know what dps i lose. or for pvp what are good combos? how can i burst? normally dps meter also include incoming damage, absorbs, heals, etc.... if you skill into survival wouldn't it be nice to know how much you block, heal, absorb, do estimate what it is worth? nobody needs to use a dps meter if he/she doesn't want to. but it's very useful for selfimprovement and understand my skills. I don't know if it always was my servers but people actually asked for their dmg/heals whatever. it's not used to say you're not worth being in a party. like you said, everyone has a different role.

Let's get back to the real world.

A few % of players would use it to simply improve. Most of them will use it to discriminate the average players and won't help them to improve. I won't use it, but i fear that most of partys in cross-server dungeon will check the dps just before kicking the low ones.

I'm normally pro-DPS Meters, but for Blade and Soul, I'll say no. This isn't your typical MMO with a tank, dps and heals. With games like SWTOR and WoW, having those roles sort of set the boundaries as to what is expected. You're not gonna expect a tank or healer to do tons of damage, because it isn't their role.

Now here's the issue, Blade and Soul, everyone is a dps class. However, the unique aspect of this game is that whilst everyone is a DPS class sure, the talent system is so robust, that it can completely change a class' gameplay style completely. As mentioned before, Summoners and Destroyers can essentially play support roles. The DPS meter encourages a player to do your best sure. DPS will try to DPS more. Healers will Heal more. Tanks will... do whatever it is tanks do lol.

But what do you get with a game where everyone is a DPS? Destroyers no longer grab, knockdown, knockback and the like. Summoners would build more towards damage dealing. The whole point of the meter is to be better at your role right? What's it gonna look on your meter when your damage seems lower due to sacrificing some damage for more party support? It's a tool that would be counter-productive to a game of this nature. DPS class doing less DPS? UNACCEPTABLE!

If there was a way to have a DPS meter for PVP only, then by all means. But for the rest of the game? Man, we'd just have selfishness running rampant. Also, let's be serious. Sure some people would use it to improve themselves, hell, some people would use it to advice other players. But how often do we meet one track minded players who's sole purpose is to be better than everyone else, and use meters to shit on the rest.

We already have the, "Lyn's are for pedos, lolweabo" crowd. Summoners being a Lyn only class, you'd think those people would know that Summoner's can lay down support? How many people who don't fully understand the game and assume you're terribad because you're trying to maintain threat, or maximize Destroyer Grabs for party damage?

1 minute ago, Sargiron said:

A few % of players would use it to simply improve. Most of them will use it to discriminate the average players and won't help them to improve.

yeah and whats the problem there ... dont go dungeons with those people and the problem is fixed

Just now, Sargiron said:

A few % of players would use it to simply improve. Most of them will use it to discriminate the average players and won't help them to improve.

if course a few people will discriminate. but in my experience, it's not the average player. and why should you even care what other people say about your dps? or why not implement a dps a meter that you can't post and a report button if someone is discriminating anyone because of that?

you can actually see the boss health values if you go fix it in settings.

add your damage up yourself. Dont need dps meters, JUST NEEDA GET GOOD. haha

why would you speadsheet math in this game? the mechanics are well balanced and fun. dont need to go that way.

again, just get good. haha

and if you are good, you'll know that a dps meter would be bloatware in this game

Personally i would like a DPS meter (For personal purpose, on how to improve your own dps, more than focusing on what others do).

I play a Lyn Blademaster  with 300+ ping ( i have time to go down stairs, take a coffee by the time "SS" actually works ^^).

I still manage to grab the aggro sometimes.

The Devs clearly didn't make this game ping friendly, what would have cost them to give all iframes 2 sec time for 1 dmg resist (for pve).

It wouldn't change anything for the top (or average player) with low ping, wherever there is 0.5 sec or 1 sec resist, they would be able to land the iframe anyway.

It just screw up once the game is moved over to europe with a wider range of ping (compared to the tiny south korea)

Okay so here's my take on it:

Individual DPS meter where it records your own DPS and only you can see it, sure. Because that way people can't discriminate against you but you still can see the damage you've done and "make changes" in future runs to see if you can improve the number. The ego people will showoff their numbers anyway that you can ignore. It's going to be an optional thing where people want to disclose their number or not in chat. People will end up lying probably too LOL but who cares. They're the ones that need help if that need to stoop to that level.

If you think it should be public to your party, then you just want to show off and your self improvement excuse is invalid. Come party with me then and I'll show you how easy it is for me to take a dump on your DPS as a FM. IGN Starbo

I would not enjoy seeing a DPS meter - It creates a elitist community beyond what we already have. This game is not so hard that a group with one or two lower dps players cannot down a dungeon. All a meter does is gives you some sick justification to kick some one. Get over yourselves and enjoy the game.

4 minutes ago, SwordSaga said:

you can actually see the boss health values if you go fix it in settings.

add your damage up yourself. Dont need dps meters, JUST NEEDA GET GOOD. haha

why would you speadsheet math in this game? the mechanics are well balanced and fun. dont need to go that way.

again, just get good. haha

and if you are good, you'll know that a dps meter would be bloatware in this game

again please refrain from saying things like if you're good you'll know that a dos meter woul be a bloatware. that could be misunderstood as an insult ;-)

and thanks but i already see the boss health. it's just very time consuming and hard to try to analyse like that.

oh btw i have another suggestion.

5) i would like longer sparring matches or the option to set an indefinite end. or to end, when you're KO.

if i go sparring with a friend (assasin) the time always runs out before one gets killed :( especially since he's sneaky :P

Archived