Forums

DPS Meter Request

osembai

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dradiinmmo said:

Yep say goodbye to summoners that spec for party healing too.

Wait for the request for an HPS meter then :D
And the "tank" screaming "HEAL!!!!! FFS" all over the chat

DPS Meters are really a dependancy which has no need to exist in BnS, it is not WOW (or any of its EQ2ish similar clones), it is a game more like Street Fighter, it is about cc and do the right thing with the right timing... OP do you see any dps meter in Street Fighter? Any need for it?

Just now, Sargiron said:

Keep like that :D Doom and Bloom is very useful, no one will tell you, but everyone needs a 20% heal and chi recovery every 20 seconds.

I will say I always have an issue in MMOs where it takes me forever to pick a class while I tested this class and other a number of times I was sold on summoner a lot quicker than I have ever been sold on a class I am not changing anything :)

And again this DPS Meter topic.... Do we need it? Hell yes! Are people wrong who don't want DPS Meters? Hell Yes!

DPS Meter is a simple tools which tells you facts. It don't harass you it just tells you how bad you really play. No lies, true facts. There are also more games with DPS meters like WoW, Skyforge and SWTOR and NONE of those games are bad and the community don't want to play without it (well... except those 0brain/dps chillers who feel harassed if someone mention about their DPS lack) .

And if you FEEL harassed by the outcoming Data from the DPS Meter about your playstyle... loal

6837685.jpg

1 minute ago, Swiftray said:

And again this DPS Meter topic.... Do we need it? Hell yes! Do people who don't want DPS Meters wrong with all their arguments? Hell Yes!

DPS Meter is a simple tool which tells you facts. It don't harass you it just tells you how bad you really play. No lies, true facts. There are also more games with DPS meters like WoW, Skyforge and SWTOR and NONE of those games are bad and the community don't want to play without it (well... except those 0brain/dps chillers who feel harassed if someone mention about their DPS lack) .

6837685.jpg

truth:

BnS is not WoW!

Write it down, make it a meme if you like, print a poster, stick it to your room wall aside your display. Never forget it.

Damage meters have pros and cons.

For the people who genuinely want to progress and be better players and not waste peoples time, it helps to get every last bit out of their characters to help the *team*, key word here, *TEAM*.

The downside is, yes some people use it in a negative way, just ignore them and move on.

Many of you who think its not needed, it may very well be needed because the PvE fights in this game are timer based, and instead of throwing your hands in the air and saying you aren't able to beat the fight because its too hard, sometimes you just need to jam damage down its throat to overcome it and the only way to beat a timed based fight is to do as much damage as you can, how are you suppose to know how much you are doing?

What if there is fights where you cant apply too much damage or you wipe? How are you suppose to know?

Just now, Nessuno said:

truth:

BnS is not WoW!

Write it down, make it a meme if you like, print a poster, stick it to your room wall aside your display. Never forget it.

You didn't read it you waited for it.. i said LIKE. I also mention other examples. We need it and we'll get it by time. Cause that's what players want. 

DPS meter is a great tool for any MMO, as it allows to check different builds and optimize you damage output. All those whiners that don't want the DPS meter are plain stupid and afraid they are gonna get kicked out of parties for being scrubs.

57 minutes ago, Jaffar said:

running dungeon/things with dps meter is simply common sense.

If I am carrying someone I need to know that so I can sh*t that right to his face.

If I am being carried I need to know that so I look into improving myself.

totaly agree

I play from Australia and even with all the research and practice I put into learning my class I will never equal an American summoners dps, yeah I can outperform someone who hasn't put in the same amount of work as I have but i'll never top any dps meter boards, does that mean that if I have the pleasure of partying with you i'll get kicked for not meeting your expectations?

I'm honestly curios about my  dps output but the toxicity that comes with a meter makes me vote against one.  It doesn't just change the way a person approaches their build or specific encounters, it changes the community into a toxic cesspool. If you are having issues with a fight now - just don't PUG the instance.  Then you can bad mouth people who know what a toxic jerk you are and expect it.

All the people who want dps meters "it improves gameplay derpaderp"

DPS meters put into game

Chat becomes spammed with DPS meters stupidity.

Ask me about dps meters when people don't spam them in chat like utter morons.

Dam If you Like wow go play wow , If you like tera go  play tera , but for me  in an MMO or MMORPG you need to have some skills to know what your stats means . I mean it depends  how you actualy play because if you see a player with the best ingame weapon .... and hes totaly a bot then .....

13 minutes ago, Sargiron said:

Ok, then... If I have a low dps i'm a noob, understood.

Should i stop healing or reviving people just for increase my individual dps? That's absurd, you should think more about the team global dps, not individual.

If your role is about something else than dealing damage, and people still whine, they're the ones being dumb and you can just laugh at them instead. Or stop playing with PUGs and get a static.

Archived