Forums

Premium vs F2P

WarM00se

Hey! I've been seeing a lot of stuff going on in the forums, with a lot of F2P people. A lot of you are expressing your opinions on what should and should not be..

So far I have seen people that are mad about +20% EXP gains, for premiums, Wardrobe access for premiums, Daily Dash spins for Premiums, and there will be a few more to be seen, I'm quite sure.

So as a question to those that are mad about the "Premiums get more than the F2P and we're mad because "X" reason" How would YOU set up a premium and how would you support Blade and Soul if it was your choice to direct what the people who are paying, get?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People should be happy that there is no p2w but it's always the same they mistake f2p for charity and expect everything paying players get to get for free as well. Those complaints from f2p players are just unreasonable.

More privileges, better drop, coins to buy fancy clothes, but not the BLEEPING inventory space and wardrobe. Premium members should get more in game stuff.

I'm not mad about the +20% exp. I'm not mad about the money they get from just killing the mobs. I'm not even mad about the daily dash, but for gods sake, if you lock they very core of the game - inventory space.. Well, that's a very cheap move and reminds me of SWTOR. No ones plays it anymore after the inventory/bank locking.

That is some incredibly serious entitlement

Youre playing the game entirely free and arent entitled to anything pay2win or not

At the same time its in the best interest of the company,players, and the game that premium is there and not pay2win

Its not pay2win and certainly not a gigantic advantage over free players who wouldnt be able to play at all if it werent for people who actually pay for things

I dont usually say things so crudely but anyone making arguments like that need to shut up

The wardrobe i can kind of understand with low clothing space but at the same time its an incentive to buy premium that alot of players will bite onto and alot will drop premium for

Honestly at lvl cap i dont see a reason to have premium outside of wardrobe access

Daily dash is easy to finish without premium.

That is what they pay for, exp boost is fine, it's 20% only. Wardrobe should be available for everyone though. Daily Spin is a joke, no matter premium or not, you will still finish it. The ones who cry about it are premium players themselves, cause they finished it too fast and don't know what to do. I know what they can do, go out and see the sunlight. Playing 24/7 will obviously make you finish Daily Spin early.

I'm not premium, but I checked the benefits of premium player.

Only thing I see is that Wardrobe should be there for everyone, just like in some other regions of B&S. NA/EU is just trying to make it more appealing by ripping off functions of the game.

Luckily that is all I saw that I didn't really like. Other than that, those small boosts barely make a difference, fancy running animation and some icons don't make it worth for me.

It is pretty good as-is, except the wardrobe.

I think not having it will prevent f2p players from starting to costume hoard, and so they lose money ;)

Even in the decription of the premium features this feature has a note on it saying that the features for premium can change at any time, so I forsee them making the wardrobe free for all in the future.

i don't see a Problem with the Premium vs F2P and even if the F2P players have a problem and say they cannot afford Premium they can pay a player who has NC with in game gold to get them to Gift the premium to them ive already done it for 1 Guild Member so there is no reason for them to complain about a few Benefits players get for actually supporting NCSOFT to keep the the Game running

I enjoy 20% boost and monsters droping gil! :) Its perfect when you don't want spent your entire life playing games ... but servers don't run for free ... therefore its win - win, I get things faster, and money I pay for that keep servers running .. simple.

You should get a few extra things from paying- Its how a f2p game earns money. As a f2p player I've had no issues, only thing I wish for is a wardrobe. Inventory space is an issue, but thats about it. 

If you compare b&s to other games its a great f2p version. A lot of games is pump in money to reset pve to earn pvp tokens or something along them lines. 

But that aside, 1 month premium is not THAT expensive. I might even buy a 1 year sub after tax returns :>

Yes, but it should be more approachable for free players. 

NCSoft is just making a cheap move by locking the things that are free for all on other regions.

It's not right. 

My friend bought Premium and he couldn't even play, because he decided to delete his chars and make a new one, so he "had to wait 7 days" for them to delete the chars.

They only responded after 4 days and gave him back his money for premium, because the time was ticking and he wasn't able to play.

Premium thing definitely has some very serious logic holes to begin with. 

Im actually doing f2p right now untill I figure out how to buy Ncoin from where I live overseas heh.  But yeah I think its fine how it is, you arent locked out from any content ala Archeage, and theres really no way to buy your way to the top with Credit card Power as in so many other games; Archeage, Age of Wushu, Silkroad online, Knight online, Conquer Online, 12sky and 12sky2, etc etc.  if you want to know what Pay to win is, THOSE games are pay 2 win (especially Wushu, you can just straight up drop like $20-30K on the game and instantly become God lol, there's a reason why only about 200 people still play it now.)  Premium is REALLY fair in my opinion. Its surprising how fair it actually is in comparison to what they could have done (and gotten away with) although its not surprising that NCsoft has done such a good job with this, as theyve had experience with experimenting with this way back in the Guild Wars 1days (Hammer Warrior/Elementalist ftw )  I actually look forward to buying a lto of the cosmetic stuff when they bring it out.   That kind of thing is a GOLD MINE,  get the right artists to make the right kinds of cosmetics and you`re printing money!

yeah i completly agree with @dustyjones but the only thing they should do to help f2p is to unboud the bags used to expand the inventory (bank/bag) so people who like to pay can buy those bags to f2p people and we all win.  Money for some and happyness for others.

FWIW, the only real benefit I see to subscribing is the the login queue, and actual ability to login should never be used as a gating mechanism like this.  Further, the 10% EXP boost is laughable, as are many/most of the other "benefits" that NCSoft wants us to pay for.  $15 isn't the issue.  I still have active subscriptions in TERA and SWTOR, but I refuse to invest any more in this sliding scale "pay more for more benefits over other subscribers" subscription scheme.   All subs should receive full benefits, not just the ones that have invested hundreds of dollars. 

On 1/27/2016 at 5:02 AM, Fozzie said:

FWIW, the only real benefit I see to subscribing is the the login queue, and actual ability to login should never be used as a gating mechanism like this.  Further, the 10% EXP boost is laughable, as are many/most of the other "benefits" that NCSoft wants us to pay for.  $15 isn't the issue.  I still have active subscriptions in TERA and SWTOR, but I refuse to invest any more in this sliding scale "pay more for more benefits over other subscribers" subscription scheme.   All subs should receive full benefits, not just the ones that have invested hundreds of dollars. 

Youre acting as if long queues were intentional

Is fine the way it is. F2P people will complain about anything they can find. The only real gripe should be against the no wardrobe thing since they have to carry all those outfits in inventory and storage, everything else should be premium benefits and make the game easier for those willing to support it.

If I end up lvling my toon to end level and enjoy end game then I'll go premium.  As it is I do not see much benefit besides the xp gain but then I like questing and grinding so I don't care about it.  Being oceanic I have to see what pvp is like end game, I went summoner since I don't think I get much else choice with 170ms ping.

Personally I think I'd rather they have released BnS with a buy-to-play (b2p) model with a buillt-in cash shop (similar to GW2). It'd be a great way to reduce bots/goldsellers and they could create better incentives / add-ons to the game (e.g. the wardrobe system, more bank tabs, etc.).

That way we step away from this whole I pay for the game vs I don't pay but I want to be treated better.

I'm on board with the Wardrobe should be for everyone. With all the costumes being thrown at you, you basically will need the wardrobe. Unless you just trash it all, I guess. I think they should have made a choice. Make getting the wardrobe a quest line and then having players pay for space if they wanted. Same way they pay for space for bank and personal inventory. Why they did it this way is obvious, though. They want people, "who care", to keep their wardrobe every month. It's a business and if someone doesn't like it, they shouldn't support them. Good numbers are what keeps companies going. So either quit or deal with it.

1 hour ago, Cor said:

People should be happy that there is no p2w but it's always the same they mistake f2p for charity and expect everything paying players get to get for free as well. Those complaints from f2p players are just unreasonable.

You have perfect exemple of game without restriction making tons of money just because of skins.

BnS have A LOT of skins to sell, so like some convenience.

But the issue here, is that they restrict somes part to "force" player to pay. ( like the mail restriction or the queue ), even if its ofc good to not have p2w ( like the legendary weapon stuff ) it still bad to see that ( no speaking about somes very high price, just like the inventory unlock, or ONE oufit at 15euros )

1 hour ago, Nibaki said:

That is what they pay for, exp boost is fine, it's 20% only. Wardrobe should be available for everyone though. Daily Spin is a joke, no matter premium or not, you will still finish it. The ones who cry about it are premium players themselves, cause they finished it too fast and don't know what to do. I know what they can do, go out and see the sunlight. Playing 24/7 will obviously make you finish Daily Spin early.

I have been rolling since day 1 (not including early access) and i am still not at 50 and its past half of its duration so i doubt i will manage to get costume. First of all not everyone can roll at optimal times due to work and 2nd not everyone is that lucky i roll lowest number 90% of the time.

Anyway i am pleasantly surprised with premium benefits cause it does not include heavy p2w and that goes for store too. I am gonna wait a bit more to see how it will develop but if it doesn't turn into p2w like every other f2p MMO i will start subscribing.

1 minute ago, wootwoots said:

You have perfect exemple of game without restriction making tons of money just because of skins.

BnS have A LOT of skins to sell, so like some convenience.

But the issue here, is that they restrict somes part to "force" player to pay. ( like the mail restriction or the queue ), even if its ofc good to not have p2w ( like the legendary weapon stuff ) it still bad to see that ( no speaking about somes very high price, just like the inventory unlock, or ONE oufit at 15euros )

The game has 1 Million players on the NA version, there's gonna be a queue regardless. Unless of course you pay for a shorter one. Would you rather every aspect of the game be free so the company makes 0 money to improve/add more servers for people? You do realize thats the point of them making some aspects payable, to make money and improve the game. With 0 money you'd be in a 20k server queue. 

Archived