[EU] Bad Maintenance Time

Gottika

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do say during thier recent Q&A live stream they are actively taking note of players comments concerning the game and things brought to attention that have valid points are being looked into seriously, and they will be changing alot of things to enhance the game for everybody as the following weeks unfold has with this patch today things are being changed, so I guess it just needs time for the dev team to learn more about what the player base thinks and would like

5 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

They do say during thier recent Q&A live stream they are actively taking note of players comments concerning the game and things brought to attention that have valid points are being looked into seriously, and they will be changing alot of things to enhance the game for everybody as the following weeks unfold has with this patch today things are being changed, so I guess it just needs time for the dev team to learn more about what the player base thinks and would like

I'm not sure how it works  

A- They do maintenance at a certain time, because those are ' office hours' ?

B- They check at the database what time there is a minimum amount of players in general, and set up a fixed time for maintenance?

3 minutes ago, Wichan said:

I'm not sure how it works  

A- They do maintenance at a certain time, because those are ' office hours' ?

B- They check at the database what time there is a minimum amount of players in general, and set up a fixed time for maintenance?

Currently is 'B' based on US servers,  3:00 AM PST

Just now, Sophena said:

I think it would be alot better if they did EU & NA maintenances seperately. I believe they can do that right?

Just saying that they base it soley on Na is pretty absurd, no other time has less players for BOTH regions.

3 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

Currently is 'B' based on US servers,  3:00 AM PST

There are no other time that has less players for both regions. So its the logical choice if they intend to keep the maintenance for both regions at the same time, which is resonable.

they actually changed the time already (2 hrs earlier, so they did listen) as last week the end of scheduled maintenance was around 17.00
As at 17.00 a lot of people get home from work, login times went insanely high
now it's 15.00, ppl getting home from school and a similar increment of ppl awaits.. 
So if you need to do the update at PST night time and maint takes 4 hrs, i think best maintenance time would probably be  1:00 AM PST / 09:00 AM UTC resulting in EU being able to do groceries/clean their desk area in the morning and start gaming after lunchtime. 

1 minute ago, Dollgirl said:

There are no other time that has less players for both regions. So its the logical choice if they intend to keep the maintenance for both regions at the same time, which is resonable.

I'm seeing 4 pages of ppl complaining about not beeing able to play, so what u talking 'bout?

Just now, Dollgirl said:

It's the fact that EU servers don't come back up till 3PM UTC and not long afterwards we have a hell of queues to go through. :|

Keeping it as one scheduled maintenance, it should preferably be based on whatever region has the higher income (premium members + weekly sales numbers in the hongmoon store). I'm not fooling anyone here when I point out that this (game) is a shop, and thus should be run as any other business. Currently the EU opening hours is 4 hours less a week than the US one.

(small numbers adds up over time).

Just now, Bloomie said:

I'm seeing 4 pages of ppl complaining about not beeing able to play, so what u talking 'bout?

Since the servers ARE down, people might as well come check out the forums, so its natural that they complain about it?

Just now, Dollgirl said:

Since the servers ARE down, people might as well come check out the forums, so its natural that they complain about it?

i think ur the only one seeing a positive thing about having maint at this hour while na is sleeping <.<''

1 minute ago, Colour said:

Keeping it as one scheduled maintenance, it should preferably be based on whatever region has the higher income (premium members + weekly sales numbers in the hongmoon store). I'm not fooling anyone here when I point out that this (game) is a shop, and thus should be run as any other business. Currently the EU opening hours is 4 hours less a week than the US one.

(small numbers adds up over time).

Without going into it in to much detal, NA players are much more willing to pay for items, swag etc. They also tend to be more vocal with their dislike when something is bad for them. Being a NA run company (or part, however that works) They will keep the NA side in mind first as that will likely bring it more money even if they are less players.

Just now, Dollgirl said:

Without going into it in to much detal, NA players are much more willing to pay for items, swag etc. They also tend to be more vocal with their dislike when something is bad for them. Being a NA run company (or part, however that works) They will keep the NA side in mind first as that will likely bring it more money even if they are less players.

*cricket* what?

I'm so glad I'm paying for this excellent service. Not being able to use the cross server dungeon, server crashes, needing to relog 5 times a day because of bugs, and getting to wait for hours in the middle of the day because EU doesn't matter enough to get their own schedule.

Great fun!

Thats why gameforge had some retarded cash shop prices - because they are based on Germany life standart and german players was paying hella of a money...and arabs play in eu servers not NA.Should I give you and example of aion and how much some of them spend? My 200-300 eu every month or two was a drop in the ocean compared to some of them...

Archived