[EU] Bad Maintenance Time

Gottika

2 minutes ago, Teffy said:

I'm on work atm and I can't play anyway,but there is fair % of people working on shits that get fcked up by maintenance.Also 4pm UTC is 7pm GMT +3 and 6pm GMT +2.Would you love to get back from work and the only 2h you can spend in the game before your wife/hubby/kids,etc arrive to not be able to play? Some people can play just a little before or/and after dinner time.I myself had alot of drama with my other half for spending the evenings gaming instead of spending it with her - watching movie togather,going out,etc. So I been there and I know how it is.It's not fair but they don't care anyway and I'm not holding my breath waiting for a change.

Maintenance is going to average out to about once a week at most.  So you miss one day out of seven.  It's not like you're going to miss playing the game every single day of your life.....

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They run maintenance at the same time, NA and EU. But in the good time for NA. And who cares if this is US company? EU servers are in Europe, and it's as easy as to schedule it differently, like every other companies do. from 12 to 16pm...you should be at work depending on what crappy work you have. And running a game is a work too, Put your servers to sleep when they should be "working" is not a smart choice

For some people thats ther only free day or one of the two they can play.I had in the past job with schedule thursday-monday.Not fun but that that could be said for NA.You wont mind maintenance at 6 pm CST,right? Oh wait you will...you personally may not but most however will.The crying will be twice as big as this one and not just in a single topic either.

All that salt...Don't people have anything else to do?Do some studying if you're in school/uni, spend some time with the kids or your lady, watch a movie or a show you might have missed, read a damn book. Or simply make some conclusions if this game is your only hobby because you're bitching about 4 hours out of a week not to mention those hours aren't even peak ones. 

I'm on work and no I have nothing better to do.I'm too used to be pushed on the edge of what I can do and this nabs here give me work for just few hours out of 8...what I'm suppose to do when there is nothing to do? I'm sitting in the office infront of my screen reading forums....my colegues play facebook games lol.

1 minute ago, AIDATriEdge said:

All that salt...Don't people have anything else to do?Do some studying if you're in school/uni, spend some time with the kids or your lady, watch a movie or a show you might have missed, read a damn book. Or simply make some conclusions if this game is your only hobby because you're bitching about 4 hours out of a week not to mention those hours aren't even peak ones. 

Why is it so hard to understand that there are better possible maintenance times than 12-4 in the afternoon?

Just now, Centimani said:

Why is it so hard to understand that there are better possible maintenance times than 12-4 in the afternoon?

Do it a bit earlier and you're stepping into a zone when NA players are playing.Or should they now do two different maintenances when they can do everything in one?

I'm online from lunch time (when I wake up) till 5AM, so I guess there's no thing such a "bad time maintenance" for me as every time is a bad time x)
But let's get to the point... they scheduled the maintenance in a time that is convenient for NA players and not for EU, you can "moralize" and talk about people having nothing better to do but it doesn't change the fact that it's simply unfair, your logic is invalid, AIDA.
And yes, they can do maint in different times, like almost everybody else does.

And yes again, I have nothing better to do. School is boring, life is boring, studying is boring, reading books is boring, breathing is boring xD only BnS is worth waking up in the morning.

20 minutes ago, Teffy said:

For some people thats ther only free day or one of the two they can play.I had in the past job with schedule thursday-monday.Not fun but that that could be said for NA.You wont mind maintenance at 6 pm CST,right? Oh wait you will...you personally may not but most however will.The crying will be twice as big as this one and not just in a single topic either.

Why do you think I'm here in the forums to begin with?

Most of my play time is in the morning Wednesdays and Thursdays, actually (i.e. right now).  I have morning lab on other weekdays and I go to lectures/study for the rest of the day and night.  In any case completely blocking out a person's schedule is going to happen regardless of what time slots they use for maintenance, so I can't see that as a legitimate reason to move times. 

Also, if somehow the ONLY time you can ever play BnS is in a 4 hour slot out of a 168 hour week, that's a problem with your schedule, not the BnS team

Not to mention some of you are somehow justifying moving the maintenance times based on how much EU players pay NCsoft, rather than how many there actually are.  You want BnS to be pay2win or something?

Wait... I am a NA player, and believe me the time is NOT convenient AT ALL!!!!!!!!!  maybe for kids it is because they get out of school but those of us who play in the morning or the afternoon before life and work kick in just can't play.

Maintenance should be done late at night and you are right EU and NA should be scheduled according to the time zones. So let's not get all NA vs EU because as they say, The grass always seems greener or the other side of the fence, when in reality it isn't.

7 minutes ago, AIDATriEdge said:

Do it a bit earlier and you're stepping into a zone when NA players are playing.Or should they now do two different maintenances when they can do everything in one?

I'm prettty sure, since the servers are in 2 different locations, it's already done by two different teams so changing the schedule without changing NA shouldn't be impossible. In your mind, what's the problem with that?

Just now, Libbie said:

I'm online from lunch time (when I wake up) till 5AM, so I guess there's no thing such a "bad time maintenance" for me as every time is a bad time x)
But let's get to the point... they scheduled the maintenance in a time that is convenient for NA players and not for EU, you can "moralize" and talk about people having nothing better to do but it doesn't change the fact that it's simply unfair, your logic is invalid, AIDA.
And yes, they can do maint in different times, like almost everybody else does.

And yes again, I have nothing better to do. School is boring, life is boring, studying is boring, reading books is boring, breathing is boring xD only BnS is worth waking up in the morning.

They didn't really schedule anything since they had this time for maintenance since forever. While i can't speak about lineage, i know for a fact that Aion had this time as maintenance all the time so they simply do it all at one time and are done with it. Although if their other game's (lineage for example) maintenance time is different i'll agree that they could tinker with BnS's times but if the times are the same there then i see no point to change it and make more work for yourself when you can do it all at once. And most importantly because you will never please everybody.

In that case you need to step away from everything and do some "soul" searching.

If this was a NA server and EU people are playing in it, I wouldn't see a problem but the fact that there's a EU server so it doesn't make sense to have it on an inconvenient time where most people usually come back from work/school. yes people should do something else instead of sitting here complaining but we're gamers and most gamers don't give a sht about something called life. if anything, I bet most people are just playing their alternative games as they wait

It is much more efficient to have maintenance at the same time. That way, if one team runs into an issue, the other team can tell them how they got around the issue. Or, if there is an issue on both ends, you have twice as many people working to figure out how to fix that issue. If you split up the teams and have them do their own maintenance, then if one runs into an issue they would be forced to contact people who may not even be working at that time.

So the question then becomes, do you inconvenience EU or US players, as there is no time that works best. They chose EU because the US playerbase is larger and more likely to spend money.

1 hour ago, TheEllimist said:

They don't have a EU office. Noone is working during nighttime to do maintenance at whatever hours you want and NCwest isn't big enough to bother hiring people to do it.

If this was blizzard or some bigger company that actually has a EU office then I would expect different times. Just gonna have to suck it up or hope the game becomes bigger than just 200k players in a f2p game.

Sorry for dragging you down from your bubble but you are so so wrong.

With the data they gave us, 25k names reserved on EU, 35k for NA, that's a total of 60.000 names registered only for the headstart, So just an estimative, some players bought a 25€ headstart basic pack, some 75€ and some 115€, having in mind the 25€ one doesn't give name reservation, but the 115€ does give 2 names, rougly doing calculations in favour of us it would be like 50€ for every name reserved, that's already 3 million € benefit and we are not counting people who started after headstart, people who bought actually a premium membership to avoid the queues, people who already spent their NCoin at headstart and charged with more NCoin and so on, so basically, you pretend to say "NCWest" small company ? When they published already titles such as lineage and so on, they won't tell you how much they earned but just using half your brain you would understand with the amounts of money they are making and we have stuff like queues for logging, do you really believe those 3 million € can't afford to make the queue dissappear? Sorry but yes, they can, its just that then you wouldn't rush to buy a premium sub. Do you think they can't actually place a full server in EU and do not make us dependant on NA's maintenance time? Yeah they can, even they can hire the extra personal to do that, but its a waste of money in their eyes, so basically profit > your gaming experience, and if you notice all of this and ragequit, don't worry, extra 100 players will come to take your slot and spend more money. Capitalism on its best.

I understand that you guys are US company, but you really should wach at companys like blizzard and riot for example, who have much more exp in things like this.

I was really surprised that you have EU servers but there is no announcement of maintenance in CET time (only PST and UTC), and of cource maintenance in the midde of the day is really furstrating too. Sure, nobody will die because of this but its really shows the level of company, how they care about small details like this (dont wanted to say that NCS is bad company, etc).

I hope you guys will do something about this.

8 minutes ago, Psycho4Real said:

Not sure.

I hope that they will be but due to the fact that the client crashes even from the log in, we will be in troubles with EU servers yet again.

Too many players logging in at once, login can't handle it swiftly I see...

Archived